It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts: Boston attack caused by US-led policies in Russia's Caucasus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Experts: Boston attack caused by US-led policies in Russia's Caucasus

english.pravda.ru

Supposedly, the suspects entered the United States holding the Turkish citizenship. In any case, most Western journalists call the terrorists "Russian", without going into details.

Well-known political analyst Sergei Mikheyev said in a comment with Pravda.Ru how the tragedy may affect the already difficult relations between Russia and the United States.

"First of all, I think we must wait for the final results of the investigation. If the Americans still insist on the current version, then this one thing. But in principle, something else may reveal in the course of the investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
mobile.lemonde.fr
english.pravda.ru
mobile.twitter.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
edit on 4/19/2013 by Mirthful Me because: Title...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So our beloved vodka burners are not impressed with how it is wig reported that the brothers are being labelled as "Russian terrorists"
And are saying that it may complicate US-Russia relations. This is pretty huge!

And to those of you following the scanners and what not, here is an update from what I've read here:
mobile.lemonde.fr...

Apparently the older brother has been confirmed dead and was identified by police on scene (supposedly at Watertown) while his younger brother has been evading police for about 12 hrs (from source) and recently stole another car -- in doing that, he also according to my source, ran over his dead brother's corpse.. Horrible.

There was a tweet from Boston's FBI with this:
Bombing suspect may be driving 4-door, '99, green Honda Civic w/ Mass. plates reading: 116GC7. #FBI #BostonMarathon 1.usa.gov/11oEKTB

And according to a classmate of Tsarnaev he was wearing the SAME clothes as in Friday's leaked photos old him and was driving the green Honda mentioned above..

But it appears that the search for that vehicle may have been lifted.
It would be interesting to know who that while belongs to? It's most probably stolen though (I would imagine)

So -- a few photos provided in the links.

english.pravda.ru

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kathael

I really hope Russia doesn't get mad at the USA about all of these accusations.....

We (USA) don't need to have Russia more pissed at us than they already are over this middle east crap......

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kathael

I would also like to add that it is being reported both on my above link and on NBC that
Tsarnaev became a US citizen last year on September 11th (yep, you read that right)
NBC source:
usnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kathael

BREAKING::: Experts: Boston attack caused by US-led policies in Russia's Caucasus

Last I heard, these two guys were from Chechnya, not Russia.

Chechnya is a thorn in the side of Russia already. If the media is playing these two guys as being a representation of Russia, it's likely political and approved by those in government.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

No kidding! At first they suspected the Muslims. Now the tune has changed and they are hunting these brothers and pissing off Russia. Super duper, troopers >.<

Just read that Obama is having a meeting with his high-up officials.. Course there's a picture
mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This doesn't make any sense. If anything, the supposed (I say "supposed", because there is still a chance these two suspects were still acting alone, and not under the wing of some Chechnyian--based Islamic terrorist cell) Chechnya connection should increase U.S-Russian cooperation, as Russia considers the Chechnyian rebels/terrorist to be a legitimate military target. So, I don't understand why they would be upset by this---I guess they're upset about the guys being tagged as "Russian", but they weren't really tagged as being "Russian", they were just told (by CNN, anyway) that they were from the Russian Caucasus region---not Russia, the country. Good god, no wonder the public is confused and ahead of itself, even are own public officials and media spokesmen can't even think critically. This whole situation has been a bloody mess.
edit on 19-4-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh this is ridiculous. I mean its not good for the USA. Really they should have just kept the " Russian" thing in context. The kids lived there big deal. I mean people do travel and its not as if they had Russian sensibilities. They were just kids changing with the times. I dont see why the media is pushing this connection.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

No kidding..
"Russia has long warned the Americans that flirting with various separatist and terrorist organizations of the North Caucasus would not lead to anything good."

That does NOT sound promising.

In any case, most Western journalists call the terrorists "Russian", without going into details.

Sigh!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ForwardDrift

I get you but the Russians arent pally with USA at the moment. They are close. So this is Russia just causing issues.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head!
Star for you!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

I get you but the Russians arent pally with USA at the moment. They are close. So this is Russia just causing issues.

I see, I mean the only conflict of interest I see coming from this, is if the U.S. decided that having a military presence in the Caucasus region was in their military interest, due to terrorism. Then I could see this type of close U.S.military presence at their border being unnerving for Russia. Perhaps, maybe, that is what they're indicating to us over in Moscow. But, right now there is no little information (as far the public knows, anyway) about who these two bomber were or were not linked to, that these kind of diplomatic statements at this time is just ridiculous. Anyway, I see what you mean, though.

At kathael:

Why thank you. I love flattery.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Don't expect answers from Russia on this, just propaganda. They are proud like us and don't want to see their dirty laundry aired in public as to the US policies in Chechnya It is one of protest as to the way the Chechens are being treated BY RUSSIA in past recent conflicts. Russia would LOVE to blame that on us.I think these are just Jihadists who happen to be from Russian territory,their home isn't a factor.They want to hit the great Satan.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's one of the points that the article mentioned. Another was the fact that america and other western nations supplied the Chechen rebels. We can see the same thing happening now as the US and other western nations are supplying arms and money to the FSA which as you know has confirmed their loyalty to al qaeda. The same group america has sworn to destroy. This cannot end well.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by kathael

I really hope Russia doesn't get mad at the USA about all of these accusations.....

We (USA) don't need to have Russia more pissed at us than they already are over this middle east crap......

Who cares what Russia thinks. Maybe we should just keep our tail tucked between our legs and keep everyone happy. Maybe weakness is your answer to problems I think it is the wrong move.

We need strength at a time like this is our leadership up to the task? Weakness is never a good option.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kathael
reply to post by kathael

I would also like to add that it is being reported both on my above link and on NBC that
Tsarnaev became a US citizen last year on September 11th (yep, you read that right)
NBC source:
usnews.nbcnews.com...

Stayed up all night following this stuff before passing out for a few hours of sleep.
First thing I heard on the news this morning(msnbc) was the tid-bit about him becoming a citizen on 9/11 of last year.

Thought I was hearing things...
Only thing I could do was laugh.

edit on 19-4-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by kathael

Who cares what Russia thinks. Maybe we should just keep our tail tucked between our legs and keep everyone happy. Maybe weakness is your answer to problems I think it is the wrong move.

We need strength at a time like this is our leadership up to the task? Weakness is never a good option.

I don't mean to be rude (It's the Canadian in me, lol) but take your chest pounding elsewhere. What's needed here are clear heads and rational minds.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73

That's one of the points that the article mentioned. Another was the fact that america and other western nations supplied the Chechen rebels. We can see the same thing happening now as the US and other western nations are supplying arms and money to the FSA which as you know has confirmed their loyalty to al qaeda. The same group america has sworn to destroy. This cannot end well.

Ah, I see. I guess the Russians kind of see this as "Well, you supported the rebels back in 90's and here they are biting you in the arse, like they did us."

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kathael

BREAKING::: Experts: Boston attack caused by US-led policies in Russia's Caucasus

english.pravda.ru

Supposedly, the suspects entered the United States holding the Turkish citizenship. In any case, most Western journalists call the terrorists "Russian", without going into details.

Well-known political analyst Sergei Mikheyev said in a comment with Pravda.Ru how the tragedy may affect the already difficult relations between Russia and the United States.

"First of all, I think we must wait for the final results of the investigation. If the Americans still insist on the current version, then this one thing. But in principle, something else may reveal in the course of the investigation.

Related News Links:
mobile.lemonde.fr
english.pravda.ru
mobile.twitter.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

Let us get our facts straight first. The suspects were holding krygyzstan passports not turkish at the time they came to us.

"An official in the central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan told CNN that the brothers held Kyrgyz passports, which they had used to apply for green cards in the United States"

Source: edition.cnn.com...

Also turkish interior minister briefed the press today that one of the brothers was in turkey in july of 2003 and stayed here for 10 days and they do not hold citizenship to turkey.. He was holding krygyzstan passport upon entering turkey. He also stated that they had no relations of such with anyone in turkey. But who knows???? Checens are known to be radical islamists, they even kidnapped a ferry full of passengers some years ago in turkey and they also hijacked a turkish cypriot plane so these people are terorists for sure.

Just to clear thatpart out.
edit on 19-4-2013 by MoonandStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2013 by MoonandStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join