It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Couldn't show OBL but they can show amputees in Boston?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Bear with me ATS this is my 1st post and coincidentally a rant on a subject that really has me rilled up due to the lack of quality and integrity in our American news media. Surely most of us remember hearing King Obama proudly state he ordered a raid on bin laden's compound in Pakistan of all places, and that OBL was killed by Navy SEALs and..buried at sea in accordance to muslim tradition? Pardon me, i'm not a worldly scholar in regards to Islam but really he was according to obama just dumped into the Ocean because thats what traditional muslims do? eh ok. My issue here is the fact they put the overused soft kid gloves on and made the government parental decision that no American citizen had the right nor the stomach to view a picture of a dead bin laden. Meanwhile our hollywood movies are full of special effects like beheadings, limbs flying, people being vaporized and butchered but no you cannot see a picture confirming the death of the most wanted terrorist in recent history. However they plaster gory images all over FOX/CNN showing innocent everyday joes missing legs, arms, shin bones swinging and arteries hanging but thats totally acceptable right? Absolutely makes me sick to my stomach..and this one is the real winner here -- i watched a news clip of glen beck yesterday showing what the child abortion doctor kermit gosnell did to late term humans....sticking scissors inside their neck and cutting spinal cords?! wtf

NSFW: www.theblaze.com...

NSFW: www.gannett-cdn.com...< br />
NSFW: ______beforeitsnews/contributor/upload/12342/images/LiveLeak-dot-com-20fe43546245-320094_10200138351314899_1894919719_n.jpg_resized.jpg

makes absolutely zero sense to me... i look forward to hearing your opinions and comments regarding this issue!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good point. I guess they will show blood and gore to the public when that image is needed to induce fear and panic in order to further their police state, liberty killing agenda. Showing OBL to the public would have induced a different emotional response, pride, relief, whatever.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Good point. I guess they will show blood and gore to the public when that image is needed to induce fear and panic in order to further their police state, liberty killing agenda. Showing OBL to the public would have induced a different emotional response, pride, relief, whatever.

spot on optimus. i guess they REALLY can't let a good crisis go to waste, right?
gotta drum up mass negative emotions and fear to keep the populace in line

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It may not be a good idea to release images of OBL not from an American viewpoint but seeing such images may have incited his followers into a seething violent rage.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

Its pretty simple. You can't show pictures of a lie.
Anyone who believes the official story of the (supposed) Bin Laden killing truly needs to get checked out.

We can show Saddam being hung, but can't provide a single piece of proof that the most wanted person in American history is dead.

His affiliation with the 9/11 fictional story is another topic all together.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
It may not be a good idea to release images of OBL not from an American viewpoint but seeing such images may have incited his followers into a seething violent rage.

good point mink, i totally understand where you're coming from.. but would it make that much of a difference if his radical sect got mad at the releasing of confirmed death pictures or being angry over the fact that we allegedly killed their leader at face value
edit on 19-4-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well it was the government not the MSN that stopped the pictures of Osama being published and they justified this by saying yes that they were graphic but also that they would be used to further incite and radicalise terrorists, this is true.

Its like when people say “they showed Gaddafi and Saddam” again, no they didn’t, the people of Libya and Iraq showed the bodies of their respective leaders corpse and the MSN published those images. You can bet that when/if the government releases the Osama images that the MSN will be publishing them too.

sorry OP but... No

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

Its pretty simple. You can't show pictures of a lie.
Anyone who believes the official story of the (supposed) Bin Laden killing truly needs to get checked out.

We can show Saddam being hung, but can't provide a single piece of proof that the most wanted person in American history is dead.

His affiliation with the 9/11 fictional story is another topic all together.

oh lord i forgot all about that hanging..yeah that was extremely gruesome and macabre. Funny how they(Media/PTB) weren't worried about offending or enraging the millions of iraqis who thought of saddam as a god or whatever you want to call it.

& yes i know a lot of iraqis probably disliked him, i know the kurds did, but surely iraq would of been better off with him around instead of the liberated and terrorist training ground that iraq is today

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They'd say "it would upset the extremist Muslims!"

...What, and invading Middle Eastern countries, bombing civilians and waging war against them for all these years hasn't "upset them"?

DIDtm is spot on with his post. You can't show pictures of a lie.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Its funny. There have been dozens of posters complaining that some news agencies blurred the gore in the images, saying we have a right to see them.

Can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time....

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

They are already violent maniacs (funded and trained by the US and NATO), but you do make a good point

top topics

join