It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With the Election Over, Attacks in Iraq will Diminish.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This prediction has no base more relevant than my own meandering experience so take it for what it is worth ladies and gents.

Now that the election is over I predict that the number of terrorist attacks in Iraq will diminish in the coming months. The reason why is because I believe the majority of the attacks were aimed at influening the election and now that they failed at that goal al queda in Iraq will retreat and regroup in order to disrupt the coming January elections in Iraq.

Comments?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Expect the opposite, as the DSA (Divided States Of America) have effectively given the Bush administration a mandate that supports their illegal foreign incursion.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
did you see the news from Iraq today???

Kidnappers Grab Second U.S. Citizen in a Week; Militants Behead Iraqi Army Officer

I doubt it. I think the attacks will continue at the same pace thru their attempts at an election in January and continue long after that.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Dear BJ,

I have a comment on your post. I think the opposite is very likely in fact. First, I don't see the attacks as connected to the election. The primary purpose of those attacks was to drive the occupation force from Iraq as soon as possible.

Second, the factors driving the insurgents (unemployment and disenchantment with the US) are still in place. In addition, the strong religious undercurrents are still at work.

In short, nothing has changed.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
OBL stated that he didn't hate either candidate, but rather the problem was with the actions of the AMERICAN administration. I believe that he couldn't care less who was in office, just what he believes the Americans have done to him and his people. With this in mind, I anticipate very little difference in the current violence from all sides.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry, did you mean to use the word "war" instead of "election?"

Although I don't subscribe to the 'influencing US elections' idea, attacks will continue to rise the more they seem to work. Unless insurgents are crushed, nothig will change. It may in fact get worse as desperation sets in.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
This prediction has no base more relevant than my own meandering experience so take it for what it is worth ladies and gents.

Now that the election is over I predict that the number of terrorist attacks in Iraq will diminish in the coming months. The reason why is because I believe the majority of the attacks were aimed at influening the election and now that they failed at that goal al queda in Iraq will retreat and regroup in order to disrupt the coming January elections in Iraq.

Comments?

This is wishful thinking at best im afraid.Would we have stopped fighting the british if the king got reelected??didnt vietnam span several administrations?they dont care about our politics,its all about the policies.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It must be nice living in that fantasy land you live in...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Not to mention the current rash of assassinations like the Deputy Governor of Baghdad.

They'll get Allawi one of these days, too.

The DSA (I agree with that, Divided States of America) is only seeing the beginning.

The real war hasn't even started.

new topics

join