It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call BS on the whole Boston terror attack!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

Originally posted by Staafke
Another thing I wanted to add: I read news every day. And every day (or almost) I see headlines of terror attacks all around the world. And Mea Culpa, but more and more often I don't even read the article... Same with the broadcasted news on TV (in Belgium): They only spend about 15 seconds on it. Like: "Oh, BTW, another 30 people got killed today in a country we don't really care about..." But boomboom in the US? News coverage 24/7!!!

Am I the only one who thinks this is hypocrite?

Yeah but that isnt a sign of a conspiracy. That is just American ignorance and self importance.

I know and thank you for the answer. It was just a footnote I wanted to add. I'm not the type who sees conspiracy everywhere. It even has been a while since I've been on ATS... But this was brewing in me and I just had to let it out. You get all types of different and interesting views here, which I appreciate much. Much more than talking about it with someone in my country who just accept what the media feeds them and don't ask to many questions. Mainly because it's something that happened far away from our beds...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus

And of course: the first suspect, the 26 year old, got killed in a firefight. Unable to plead any innocence or for that matter: a reason. I'm willing to throw in a bet for some bitcoins that the 19 year old will be shot too and all what will remain is a mystery. Except for the reasons the US government will feed to the world so you can continue your daily lives with a little more added fear. One of the most beautiful commodities the US has to offer, if I may add.

So while throwing bombs and grenades and shooting out of an SUV during a car chase, he was supposed to be allowed to pull over, exit the vehicle, plead innocence, and walk away?

Then WHYYYYY do they need new suspects? They killed the first suspect who according to you ran and fought back, which an innocent person wouldnt do. But after all that, we need new scapegoats? Why, please?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Oh yeah ... no doubt. As a matter of fact on Monday I posted that at the time of the attack there was already 31 deaths and over 200 injuries in Iraq due to car bombing attacks. Yeah that never even came close to being serious coverage over here and it never does. We might get a blurb every now and then but nothing like the shadow cast by 24 hour news coverage that we are seeing now.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

Well you more than likely are never going to see it, at least not for a very long time.

That being said there are multiple eyewitnesses to confirm that explosives were used. It wasn't just one dude on Twitter that said "I heard a big boom!"
edit on 19-4-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm very disappointed this topic got moved to "RANT" from "Conspiracy discussions", which it obviously is...
So, ATS dude who moved this? Where did you get the Holy Insight if I was ranting or not? Because I wasn't... If you can point out any material that could be considered as a rant, I'd be happy to read it.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm very disappointed this topic got moved to "RANT" from "Conspiracy discussions", which it obviously is...
So, ATS dude who moved this? Where did you get the Holy Insight if I was ranting or not? Because I wasn't... If you can point out any material that could be considered as a rant, I'd be happy to read it.

Until we get some hard evidence I think this is the right move.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well, ATS better starts moving tons of topics to rant! Because if it's hard evidence we're talking about...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Well, ATS better starts moving tons of topics to rant! Because if it's hard evidence we're talking about...

Thats a good point.

This one must just be a little sensitive right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Never said i'd get to, just said i'd like to. Maybe that could explain alot.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Thats a good point.

This one must just be a little sensitive right now.

I'll have to agree with that one. As I stated previously I just returned to ATS and just now I noticed how many of these topics are already running. So I guess it's a case of sorting the stuff out... But still, It's my God given right to be disappointed

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I will just say that I do not smell conspiracy on this one. The bombs were crude and easy to make. There is no sign of sofistication here. The bombers didnt even leave the area. When their pictures were displayed all over the news they did not come forward. Instead they rob a 7-11, steal an SUV and kill an MIT security guard. This doesnt sound like patsy behavior if you ask me.

So many details still to come out but to be honest I am just not smelling it on this one. Sorry ATS.
If you do something like this, plant bombs at a major sporting event that's being broadcast around the globe, don't you publish a reason for doing it so it sends a message? Haven't heard or read about any motive or cause this was done to promote. I mean these guys put their lives on the line for what exactly? The lack of a message or motive doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

The mods do what the mods do.

Maybe its because you did not provide any evidence to back up your claim. All you posted was conjecture and personal opinion. Like this...

How is it that a nation so addicted to war and security, could have let happen something crude as a couple of young Chechen brothers letting some home made bombs go of at the finish line of a big city marathon?

Maybe because we do not live in a utopia where everything is perfect. Do you really believe that government (i.e. police, military, etc) have the ability to stop every tragic event that takes place in this country? It does not matter how "secure" we believe we are, stuff like this will always happen.

Right after the bombs went of Boston started crawling with special forces, equipped to the bone and backed up with them little RC robots.

Well depends on what you mean by "special forces". I'm pretty sure every major city in this country has response teams that can be at the scene of a terrorist attack or any other type of disaster in a matter of minutes, with all kinds of cool little toys that help.

And of course: the first suspect, the 26 year old, got killed in a firefight. Unable to plead any innocence or for that matter: a reason. I'm willing to throw in a bet for some bitcoins that the 19 year old will be shot too and all what will remain is a mystery. Except for the reasons the US government will feed to the world so you can continue your daily lives with a little more added fear. One of the most beautiful commodities the US has to offer, if I may add.

He was an armed criminal actively attacking the police, end of story.

It was time for some more fear. Fear has dropped considerably since 9/11. Global warming fear is dropping too. And the recent manipulated economic crisis doesn't seem to add too much fear, as nobody really gives a chip.

Sure terrorism causes fear that's why terrorists use it as a tactic, and that fear is inadvertently supported by our media which just so happens to get large ratings when it comes to death fetishism.

I feel this is just a prelude of things to come...

Well thats your opinion man. In my opinion this event was just another example of the human condition nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by Staafke

The mods do what the mods do.

Maybe its because you did not provide any evidence to back up your claim. All you posted was conjecture and personal opinion. Like this...

How is it that a nation so addicted to war and security, could have let happen something crude as a couple of young Chechen brothers letting some home made bombs go of at the finish line of a big city marathon?

Maybe because we do not live in a utopia where everything is perfect. Do you really believe that government (i.e. police, military, etc) have the ability to stop every tragic event that takes place in this country? It does not matter how "secure" we believe we are, stuff like this will always happen.

Right after the bombs went of Boston started crawling with special forces, equipped to the bone and backed up with them little RC robots.

Well depends on what you mean by "special forces". I'm pretty sure every major city in this country has response teams that can be at the scene of a terrorist attack or any other type of disaster in a matter of minutes, with all kinds of cool little toys that help.

He was an armed criminal actively attacking the police, end of story.

It was time for some more fear. Fear has dropped considerably since 9/11. Global warming fear is dropping too. And the recent manipulated economic crisis doesn't seem to add too much fear, as nobody really gives a chip.

Sure terrorism causes fear that's why terrorists use it as a tactic, and that fear is inadvertently supported by our media which just so happens to get large ratings when it comes to death fetishism.

I feel this is just a prelude of things to come...

Well thats your opinion man. In my opinion this event was just another example of the human condition nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for pointing this out. Maybe I'll just stick to comments in the future. Be wary that my mother-tongue is Dutch and English my third language... Although I think to be faring well in speaking and writing English, on a deep intellectual level it is harder to really write out what I want to say, as it would take days to write a post like some of the members here are able to.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

We are all hoping that we get one. Maybe there is a letter on the way to a news agency. Maybe there is a letter in their apartment that hasnt been released yet. Unfortunately they dont plan to be going quietly so that is really our only hope at finding out why.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Bilk22

We are all hoping that we get one. Maybe there is a letter on the way to a news agency. Maybe there is a letter in their apartment that hasnt been released yet. Unfortunately they dont plan to be going quietly so that is really our only hope at finding out why.

Yeah I guess no letter was forthcoming.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

reply to post by Bilk22

Yeah I guess no letter was forthcoming.

You might be right. We shall see if there is any sort of testimony.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I cannot remember the last time a tragedy happened where we did not have dozens of people on here screaming 'conspiracy'. I mean, if all of you were correct, there would literally be not one single event of chance that has taken place in the last 100 years.

Problem is, no one wants to answer the calls for evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join