It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adolphus Busch IV Resigns From NRA After Gun Control Defeat In Senate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

another huge logic fallacy is one who supports backround checks means that the person is anti-gun.

While that may be true and there may be people who genuinely have no desire to restrict the types of firearms that can be owned by the people who would pass a background check the reality is that any system set up to give a few oligarchs control over the masses can be and, as history has shown over and over and over and over again, will be misused.

The rest are just liars taking any inch they can down the road to a complete ban.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by projectvxn

The American people didnt want this garbage legislation.

Please provide a source that shows this statement to be true.

I, being one of the American people did NOT want this legislation to pass. We need more freedom not more legislation. Besides, I can handle my crazy neighbor, its my Government that scares me.

yeah, more freedom and less regulation...like in Texas where the regulation and inspection of that fertilizer plant was non-existent....yee-hah!! people dead and property destroyed but they have freedom and liberty.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
reply to post by cripmeister

Ooh I know the answer to that one..
Why background checks were ok with the NRA before?
One reason.. a ridiculous unfounded distrust and dare I say
racist attitude about Obama.

Obama changes everything.
The current OBAMA CARE is actually BOB DOLE CARE
and the hard right can't even take that when it's delivered by
a black president.

I'm tired of skating around pretending
the real reason has nothing to do with current attitudes.
Basically ,I've had it with this blatant racism.

edit on 4/19/13 by Noromyxo because: Edited for missing text...

I don't get you guys. Why does race always have to raise it's ugly head ? It's NOT about race my friend... it's about policy. I couldn't care less that the president is black (Or in this case, half black), it's the simple fact that he is a liar and a thief...a communist, and a traitor. He promotes himself as an enemy to anyone who holds traditional American values. Know this; all Americans should have an innate distrust for government. This is healthy for our country. When it gets to the point when the citizens of this country are in abject FEAR of the government, it's time for a revolution. I don't think we are there yet. Just need to clarify something before signing off; the only reason I singled out POTUS, is because he is the titular head of state. He is by No means the only one who espouses these views. He just beats the drum the loudest. May God Bless America, and ALL her peoples.

edit on 4/19/13 by Noromyxo because: missing text

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

The American people didnt want this garbage legislation.

Please provide a source that shows this statement to be true.

I, being one of the American people did NOT want this legislation to pass. We need more freedom not more legislation. Besides, I can handle my crazy neighbor, its my Government that scares me.

yeah, more freedom and less regulation...like in Texas where the regulation and inspection of that fertilizer plant was non-existent....yee-hah!! people dead and property destroyed but they have freedom and liberty.

I'd move to Texas and feel just fine. Washington, DC, however, is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

He continues

The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established. Your current strategic focus places a priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions OF ONE of your 4 million individual members.

I corrected the above sourced quote to reflect what Mr Busch is actually saying. He has every right to stop supporting the NRA and destroy his membership, just as I have every right to conduct personal and legal business without having to go say "mother may I?" to some heinous waste of space in a Federal agency office. I would be interested in knowing what Mr Busch's thoughts would have been during prohibition, particularly the repeal of prohibition, however. From his above statements, I'm sure he would have come down hard on the repeal, stating "Congress is buckling to the needs of alcohol and beer stein manufacturers, while disregarding the opinions of millions of prudish Americans!"

edit on 19-4-2013 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Sweet Christ...

Interestingly, all the MASSIVE federal regulations regarding who may purchase Amonia fertilizer and in what quantity, enacted following Oklahoma City, did nothing to protect those folks, either. Be cautious in choosing completely unrelated issues to make a debate point, as once the relativity requirement is broken, it becomes quite easy to twist the situation to fully support either side of an argument.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Nope. It seems a majority of NRA members actually do support universal background checks.

A majority of members of the National Rifle Association (NRA) supported many of these policies as well. For instance, 84% of gun-owners and 74% of NRA members (vs. 90% of non–gun-owners) supported requiring a universal background-check system for all gun sales;

The New England Journal of Medicine

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Sweet Christ...

Interestingly, all the MASSIVE federal regulations regarding who may purchase Amonia fertilizer and in what quantity, enacted following Oklahoma City, did nothing to protect those folks, either. Be cautious in choosing completely unrelated issues to make a debate point, as once the relativity requirement is broken, it becomes quite easy to twist the situation to fully support either side of an argument.

People love those non sequiturs when they can't break the arguments of the actual debate don't they??

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What controls did they utilize to ensure the respondants were actually NRA members, though? The NRA doesn't disclose its member list to independant polling firms. I could easily say on a phone poll that I'm pretty much anything I'm actually not...

Regardless, we're getting distracted from the the real truth here. The Second Amendment won a huge battle, I'm happy, Busch is apparently pissy (just like his watered down crap beers), and the globe keeps a'spinning.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

What controls did they utilize to ensure the respondants were actually NRA members, though? The NRA doesn't disclose its member list to independant polling firms. I could easily say on a phone poll that I'm pretty much anything I'm actually not...

Sorry but you are grasping at straws here. You have to come up with something better.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You have to come up with something better.

Not when taken with the context of my second paragraph. The Senate already came up with something far better... a non-filibuster proof vote that equated the failure of the background check bill from passing. As I said above, if Mr. Busch wishes to become crumudgeonly and piss and moan about the NRA, more power to him. Personally, however, I'm quite satisfied. Now if only the residing administration would let the fear mongering die and things like ammunition weren't scarcer than hen's teeth, I'd be absolutely thrilled.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

I read the article.

We already have background checks. What this legislation would have done is create a registry of gun owners at the national level. The proposed amendments would have also banned certain types of semi-automatic weapons. The NRA being against this is ok by me.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by VaterOrlaag

What this legislation would have done is create a registry of gun owners at the national level.

Please explain your thinking here as such a registry would be illegal.

Public Safety and Second Amendment Rights Protection Act of 2013

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join