It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media prepped us for this war on the streets: VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I was watching television and commercials promoting Modern Warfare 3 were being played quite frequently. One starred Jonah Hill, another Kobe Bryant, and a third contained regular folk - a pizza delivery man, a best buy employee(blue shirt)...

When I first saw the Jonah Hill MW3 commercial, I remember thinking how he would never actually survive in a war situation, and how the commercial was attempting to confuse the seriousness and severity of war. As the commercial progressed, the war campaign continued through out the streets, with the American flag flying, and destruction began.

The other two commercials are similar in pattern, basically showing war on the streets, including high powered weaponry etc, helicopters, and the like.

The idea I was left pondering, and continued to think about since that time, was the idea that we were being prepped for war on the streets. I am not saying these recent incidents were predetermined, but our unconscious minds were being desensitized to the concepts and ideas of warfare in our beloved cities.

The issue that kept me from going much further with it was HOW on Earth could things disintegrate quickly enough for us to allow this to happen. The reasons WHY were also a mystery. While it would be easy to say that people are being influenced to act these things out, I am more worried about the psychological impact on us as a whole.

While I still cannot answer the WHY, the HOW seems much more obvious if you've been following the events of the past week. There is no doubt people are scared, sad, angry...but I do wonder the effects of such commercials, and how similar they were in scope to last nights fight with police. Very sad.

Any feedback is appreciated.
edit on 19-4-2013 by brocket99 because: fix vid links.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

That much is very obvious. The latest Black Ops rings a bell loud and clear. There are far too many coincidences in media seemingly preparing our consciousness for the plans they are trying to project into reality. Now alex Jonez with his revolutionary war contest bullocks... This is only the beginning!

Video links are broken!
edit on 4/19/13 by Infernalis because: Viddy

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Infernalis

Videos fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

The weird thing is that I have always despised censorship and people screaming "what about the children?" when they wanted something censored. However, these subtle plays on our unconscious through the inclusion of celebrities, and common "everyday" people is at an extremely high level of manipulation.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My own opinion is… Of course they are.

That backs up my opinion on gun control being a reverse psychology attempt to get us to arm up. The miraculous failure for such a highly hyped gun control push to even get out of the senate is an example. Even if it got out of there, it would not pass the house, so why did they even try? They was doing it for the scare effect to persuade more people to buy arms in preparation for what is to come.

There has been ongoing demographic changes. There has been countless groups moving people into the US, who’s primary goal is to launch an internal struggle against the “great satan” There has been countless waves of people numbering in the hundreds of thousands.

There is nothing the government can really do about it. If they prevent them from coming in legally, then they will come in illegally. So they allow them to come in legally because they will at least know they are there. And enemy you are aware of is better than an enemy you are not.

The intelligence community is fully aware of it, and the only thing they can do is prepare the population for the coming war.

There may be a few that “go off” on their own, but the vast majority of the growing mass of jihadis are waiting for the order from their leaders.

For when the people in question finally decide to come out of the wood work, and launch the attack in full, the only group that will have the numbers required to drive back the assault is the population at large.

edit on 19-4-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join