[false alarm] BREAKING: Bomb Squad Called to Investigate Suspicious Package (Sparks,NV)

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

BREAKING: Bomb Squad Called to Investigate Suspicious Package (Sparks,NV)

www.ktvn.com

County Sheriff's Office tells us they are investigating a suspicious package that turned up near the Mustang exit of I-80.

Union Pacific called the package in and the Consolidated Bomb Squad is on there [sic] way to the scene.

Update: The area is safe and there is no threat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey, friends. Just caught a snippet of this while watching the goings-on in Boston. This one hits close to home for me, literally. I will keep you apprised as best I can, and hope you can return the favor. Hopefully this won't turn into another national fiasco. I'm not sure if this is just paranoia at work or not. Either way, not good. I apologize if this turns out to be a false alarm.

www.ktvn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh no not again!! What is this?? Attack the united states week???
edit on 19-4-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Its I 80. Having lived in the area for so long I can tell you that stuff falls out of vehicles all the time. Mustang isn't a target rich area. There's a whore house up there and a gravel pit. Just a mile or two up the road is my old shooting range.

This isn't even in Reno. Its about ten miles outside of Sparks.
edit on 19-4-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
People are so paranoid right now, America- 0, Terrorists- 1

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Just putting it out there. My gut tells me it's just panic and paranoia (still searching for more info on the matter.)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Its I 80. Having lived in the area for so long I can tell you that stuff falls out of vehicles all the time. Mustang isn't a target rich area. There's a whore house up there and a gravel pit. Just a mile or two up the road is my old shooting range.

This is so silly, Theres a MAJOR distribution business park there too. Big time companies have DCs there with 100’s of terminals. It could easly be a box falling off the truck.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Its the next exit before the big curve. Again not a target rich environment. There's lots of warehousing stuff in the area. But its still not something worth blowing up.

When this turns our to be a case of adult toys they'll feel real stupid.
edit on 19-4-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Is there anything close that where it is located?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Nothing major.

Like camaro said there's a few DCs out there but that would explain a box falling off a truck not a terrorist attack.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by camaro68ss

Its the next exit before the big curve. Again not a target rich environment. There's lots of warehousing stuff in the area. But its still not something worth blowing up.

I live in the area, and I'm inclined to agree with you. So far, we don't know what makes this package "suspicious" enough to send a bomb squad after it. So let's reserve our judgement until we know more, shall we?

Again, I apologize if this turns out to be non-newsworthy. If anything, it's an emphasis on the amount of sheer panic holding the nation right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Is there anything close that where it is located?

It’s literally a business park in the middle of nowhere. A bunch of wild horses running around and a Prostitution house. I believe they call the prostitution house “mustang ranch” on a count of all the wild horses. lol

UNLESS....there targeting the hookers in the name of jihad.
edit on 19-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
See, there we go. Turned out to be nothing. My apologies, ATS.

Updated:

Our crew on the scene of a possible suspicious package says the Bomb Squad has x-rayed that package and discovered it is simply a box of papers.

www.ktvn.com...

I will ask a mod to close the thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
See, there we go. Turned out to be nothing. My apologies, ATS.

Updated:

Our crew on the scene of a possible suspicious package says the Bomb Squad has x-rayed that package and discovered it is simply a box of papers.

www.ktvn.com...

I will ask a mod to close the thread.

Don't ever apologize for posting breaking news. This will go down as archives and will show future researchers how people did become more vigilant with reporting suspicious objects. Your time wasn't wasted.

top topics

join