reply to post by gladtobehere
Traditionally, I like to keep an open mind and not be judgmental until the facts are presented. On this case, the obvious is obvious. No conspiracy
* Older brother is a socially incompatible misfit
* Younger brother looks up older brother
* Younger brother appears to have chemistry and math skills very valuable to terror "recruiters"
* Older brother, maybe unknowingly had formalized ideals growing up in his country
* Older brother's does not understand USA traditional values and not being socially accepted
* Older brother fails as a boxer, unable to prove anything to anyone
* Older brother "finds himself" in the teachings of an Islamic radical from Australia
* Older brother uploads extremist videos to YouTube to promote his views
* Younger brother still looks up to older brother
All of the above makes them very qualified and attractive to terror recruiters.
Somewhere along the line (most likely older bro) establishes a connection with a terror network. Using the same technique (just like a cult), they
throw their arms around him and make him feel that they do value him and that the problem is not him -- the problem is western values. Terror
connection changes tone by using reverse psychology and plays them down (once again, they feel no respect). Both brothers want to earn their respect
and dream up something spectacular to show their faithful alliance to the terror cause. At this point, little do they know that they are dancing with
Now I'm speculating
that they did have a backup plan where maybe their newly found "friends" would pick them up and drive them across state
lines to Canada. New friends find things "hot" and bail out leaving the two brothers to fetch on their own. Or maybe they thought that they had such
a perfect plan, that they would not get caught and leave on their own once things cool down.
There is NO conspiracy here, no country to invade, no federal contracts to be awarded. Just because there might be a conspiracy somewhere else in the
world, does not mean that everything that is black and white is a conspiracy.
I'm aware that this is a conspiracy site and it makes for some interesting reading, food for though and very interesting, intelligent and
well-founded opinions from some members.
But not on this particular case.
Case update: Younger brother was captured alive a couple of hours ago. Let's hope they can extract info and then throw him into a hellhole at
Florence ADX as opposed to enjoying the Caribbean sun and breeze with his kind at Gitmo.