It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students KKK costume wins first prize -- and suspension

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
dnero6911,

I agree completly with you.

It does stand for all those things-what scarier thing could you be for holloween.

I agree it was in poor taste, but if the school did not like it, they could have had him take the outfit off or sent him home from the "after school" event.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
While I can understand why some might be offended, I think he should be free to wear the costume. Not at school, though. i don't see the need for getting dressed up at school. If anything they should have just asked him to take it off or go home and not suspended him.

i agree, but i think that kid was an idiot for doing it in the first place, if you dont get your @ss beat by some black guy, he should been beat up by a real kkk member for making fun of their beliefs. all in all it could have been a lot worse for that kid.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by Kratos
I am personaly sick of blacks getting all this special treatment just cause we treated them bad in the past. We were NOT the only country that did that to them...If wearing a KKK costume is bad, what about if someone dresses up as King Jr.?

What? I'm not even sure where to begin. What special treatment are you referring to? USA was (is) is the primary spawning ground of racism. Dr. Martin Luther King was a humanist, how would that offend anyone?

I love my country...but I really think you need to cease from making borderline ignorant remarks like this. I'm not calling you ignorant, i'm stating that what you said is. I think you need to do some research before commenting.

It think it would be ok to unload on this guy and call him ignorant. He just compared someone dressing up as a KKK member to someone dressing up as MLK. If that's not ignorant I don't know what is.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
During my secondary (High school to the yanks
)someone dressed up as Hitler for a laugh.Teachers didnt think it was funny, especially when he put his arm out and shouted "Heil Hitler".... he was then sent home.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think this is BULL#!! He shouldn't have gotten in trouble. So what... let the boy do what he wants to. If everyone has such a problem, why don't you take out the whole Klan when they are marching down the streets. The KKK isn't only against NIGGERS, it is against men who beat there wives, people who did their neighbor wrong, people who are low life's. So before you go and say that he did this out of racism check your facts. I say the KKK is as good as King Jr.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Just shows how insensitive and how currupt our minds are.
The uniform is associated with homicide, oppression, cross burning, rape, torture.
The fact he won first place and not a bullet is amazing.
I would have knocked him the fuzz out.

It was Halloween. He should not be winning scariest costume for dressing up like a hateful killer. He should have dressed like Freddy or Jason or a Demon, or...oh wait.

If the kid can get away with that at a city school...getting to school and back even carrying that crap, and do it unscathed, he deserves to win. Apparently the kids were all in on the idea that Halloween is a time to dress up as 'scary' things.

[edit on 10/12/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos
: I am personaly sick of blacks getting all this special treatment just cause we treated them bad in the past.

You did? See, I have never done a thing. I am not sure what "we" you are talking about but please keep it to yourself.

We were NOT the only country that did that to them.

That is right. We are not the only country that did that and we did not invent racism, nor perfect it. Does that make it ok? What is your point?

If wearing a KKK costume is bad, what about if someone dresses up as King Jr.?

explain? One is a symbol of Hate. It stands for the idea of killing off another race for being inferrior.
The other was a peaceful man who wanted everyone to be treated equally.

How do they compare?

That offends some white people (not me, lets make that clear) but people don't get punished for that.

Who? Where? I will believe you racist hillbillies might find offense in the man's image but do you really know any? Can you quote some? And still, not the same thing. I really need to see a source for the people being punished for it. I am not calling you a liar, just saying I would like to see some proof of that EVER happening.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Dude, don't be a necrophiliac. This thread is four years dead.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Dude, don't be a necrophiliac. This thread is four years dead.

Then why are you bothering with it? Seems a little hypocritical.

Perhaps I am sick of reading about oct 14th or that Obama is a terrorist. Maybe I am sick of 9/11 conspiracy threads and talking about whos fault this financial meltdown is. Many old threads get resurrected from time to time but if not, who was I hurting. If the only person I entertained was myself, then that would be the only point in being here anyway. So that is why I posted here. Why did you feel the need to also add to such an old thread just to point it out to me? There is a reason I came across this thread when I did, not went hunting for old threads. Your actions are just silly.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoNoM3ND3Z
... he entered the SCARIEST costume contest...

You see, THIS is why CONTEXT means everything. It also explains why he won first prize.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
No doubt he was asking for trouble with a costume like that, but that's not the problem.

The problem is that people reacted to it. He was hurting no one. Feelings can only be hurt if the owners of those feelings allow themselves to be.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i think it is funny. I understand why it is offensive but come on they asked for this.. "scariest costume" and thats what the student did... doesn't mean he should be punished. Freedom of speech means that either everything is open or nothing.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
# all u 'n-word's im proud of him

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The odd part about this is how we, as a society, view it and ourselves.

For instance, other symbols and jargon are acceptable in certain circumstanes, but not in others.

For instance, two African Americans can call each other n*****... However, try doing that as a white guy.

The Dixie flag is not a sign of oppression and racism, unless it's taken as such.

How we percieve it is what matters. Look at the pathetic excuse for a society we live in where coffee cups state in warning labels that liquid might be hot... DUH!

Movies have spoofed KKK uniforms for drama or whatever and done it with no reprise. What I think makes this differant was the age of the person demonstrating (I say that because he wasn't just doing it for nothing, he was prepared for riddicule).

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This thread may be "ancient" and "4 yrs. dead" as it was said....but the whole thing sits on the head of a pin called "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" and it doesn't die, it just gets worse!

Dave Chapells skit, until he finds out he's Black makes the point!

Humanity has become too wrapped up in their own little worlds to even fathom that there is such a thing as tolerance and understanding...thinking about the other person/people that they interact with on a daily basis and not taking everything so literally.

Give it up on the small stuff, live in the now, and forget about what has happened or will happen.

~Holly

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join