It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we ban to prevent another Boston

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
By the logic of 90% of the posters in this very thread, everyone should remove the locks from their doors and their valuables because criminals won't be deterred by them.

Hell, why not abandon speed limits and all laws entirely because criminals won't abide by them anyway. Libertarian paradise huh?

Sounds completely absurd and some of you should seriously be ashamed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Well, I'd like to ban all evangelist Christians from American soil. They bomb abortion clinics and promote hate. Hell, let's ban all religions - they cause nothing but trouble. Only us agnostics and atheists should be allowed on American soil. Peace at last.

I agree 100%.....look at all that has been done by "organized" religion. Pretenders to a faith akin to the tooth fairy and the easter bunny. Santa Claus would be ashamed of you all.

Me, I pray to the one true god....a golden statue of a sloth. All hail the Sloth and his almighty slowness.

I have as much power as the pope. I just don't have as many followers that believe it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
reply to post by Misbah

If I heard you say any of this in real life I would honestly smack the # out of you boy, grow the # up

Come see the violence inherent to the system.

line 2.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by beezzer

Muslims just got done committing an act of violent Jihad on American soil killing many and wounding more and this is the nature of your examination of the events and ways to prevent them in the future?

Here, let us just piss on the corpses, dance in the blood of the slaughtered, and juggle the bones of the dead.

Weak and pathetic.

We don't ban anything! Unless you want to rewrite America as the "land of the Nearly Free, unless you believe differently."

Freedom carries a dark side. We are free. And people will always be free to do hurtful, hateful, idiotic things.

This is the cost to freedom.

Those who would give up their freedoms for safety.....deserve neither

2nd line

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

We don't ban anything! Unless you want to rewrite America as the "land of the Nearly Free, unless you believe differently."

We ban all sorts of things!

We here in America are banning all sorts of things from 16oz sodas to the 2nd Amendment. I am sure we can find the time to shutter a few mosques and deport a few muslims.

Right you are....now......let's get started with trashing the freedom of religion in America and then next and possibly the most important idea is............what does a muslim look like? We need to know so we can ferret them out of their dark and seedy hiding places where they practice pagan rituals and train to attack Americans.

I'll bet my next door neighbor is a muslim. They've been acting odd lately. It must be true then.....definitely a Muslim.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
All companies that sell pressure cookers need to have a back ground check and be licensed to sell pressure cookers by the government.

All pressure cookers need to have matching serial numbers on the lid and pot and be registered to the government.

Capacity should be no larger than 7 quarts of string beans. All garage sales, rummage sales, flea markets, moving sales, and estate sales need to have background checks performed on the prospective buyers before they are sold.

Ban all aftermarket pressure cooker rubber seals.

Have a buyback program for pressure cookers.

Once the pressure cooker is no longer usable it must be turned into the authorities.

No more than 1 pressure cooker per family (no matter the size of the family).

Pressure cookers cannot be handed down to family members.

Fines and jail time for having more than one pressure cooker, extra seals, or large capacity pressure cookers in a house.

Pressure cookers can only be used at a certain time of the year, like in the spring time when there is nothing available to pressure cook vs. the fall harvest time.

Nobody under the age of 21 should have a pressure cooker in their possession.

Have mandatory government training on the proper use and care of pressure cookers.

Mandate a government agency for the control, use and tracking of pressure cookers.

GPS tracking device will be imbedded into all pressure cookers.

Public schools will provide 4 years of pressure cooker classes along with the math classes.

You must be 21 or older and undergo a back ground check before buying a pressure cooker.

Have an extra tax on the purchase of pressure cookers that will go towards the victims of pressure cooker violence.

No permits will be issued for concealed pressure cookers.

When transporting pressure cookers the lid and pot have to be separated.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

We need to ban murder. If we can achieve that, then no other action is needed.

Oh, wait.....

Yeah, I would suspect any other "ban" is going to be just as effective.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
By the logic of 90% of the posters in this very thread, everyone should remove the locks from their doors and their valuables because criminals won't be deterred by them.

Hell, why not abandon speed limits and all laws entirely because criminals won't abide by them anyway. Libertarian paradise huh?

Sounds completely absurd and some of you should seriously be ashamed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I don't lock my door at night. And pity the poor moron who would stumble into the deadly situation of entering my house at night.

In my town there are a few things you NEVER hear about. Breaking and entering just doesn't happen around here. People know better. I don't know a single person without a couple of guns.

The only logical solutions are:

- allow people the mechanisms to defend themselves in this f'ed up world we have made for ourselves; and,
- come to grips with the fact that there is risk. No guarantees of safety. Don't be your own worst enemy....accept this.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Will there be amnesty for those of us who already own pressure cookers?

What if my pressure cooker is in non-compliance with said rules and laws?

What if I borrow someone else's pressure cooker?

Should I report someone who is stockpiling pressure cookers or reloading them?

What if my pressure cooker is foreign made?

What legal modifications can I make to my pressure cooker that will still keep me in compliance but make my pressure cooker look cooler than my neighbors or my buddy's?

Are pressure cooker "mod" kits sold on Ebay legal?

so many questions remain.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Let's at least make them transparent, nothing to hide, while we are at it, make jackets transparent too. Seriously this is a problem that is probably going to spiral out of control and Boston is probably not the end. I wonder how much the wife of suspect 1 who was killed knew of her husband's activity? Maybe Islam needs to declare war on Jihad to show the rest of the world that they are a peaceful religion and do wish to be seen in the light they see themselves?

This is not only a US problem, it is one of every country that has opened their arms to them. We are all at risk of any attack that is planned unless suspicious activity is reported by family and aquaintances alike no matter how insignificant it appears.

I also know that we are increasingly subject to homegrown terror plots as well and to tell you the truth, if i had known that the world would become the sorry place it is today, i would not have had children, who unfortunately are going to grow up in a worse world than i could ever have imagined for them

Big Brother truly is alive and well...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

What can we ban to prevent another Boston

People or marathons... or both

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Here is pragmatic an non-violent approach to reducing the number of Jihad attacks on American soil:

1) Outlaw the practice of Islam on American soil.
2) Close all mosques and madrassas on American soil
3) Deport all muslims encamped on American soil

This will reduce the number of muslims on American soil and the Jihad they wage.

Defeat Jihad. Deport muslims.

Wow! You sure are a champion of freedom, aren't you!?
That's going to be kinda tricky unless you do something about that pesky first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Let Freedom Ring!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Here is pragmatic an non-violent approach to reducing the number of Jihad attacks on American soil:

This will reduce the number of muslims on American soil and the Jihad they wage.

brilliant, and you never were able to expand on how this happens non violently or answer my points this on an earlier thread, so i shall not bother raising the point on this that any intelligent person could see once again... suffice to say you have not thought it through and also wish to change the very nature of the USA. anyway, forget you, i have a better answer that would at least start things off.

a change in foreign policy and reduction in corporate power and their involvement in government..
edit on 20-4-2013 by skalla because: c c c clarity

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Wow! You sure are a champion of freedom, aren't you!?
That's going to be kinda tricky unless you do something about that pesky first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Let Freedom Ring!!!

Then maybe it's time to amend the amendment. Never hear anybody suggesting that. Maybe you should look at the insideous ideas behind islam. sticking to your amendment might have worked in the past but that was before this slimy religion decided to spread its wings further afield and get desires to infiltrate the usa. Look at what happened in the uk, look at what happened in europe. It's literally too late for them, but for other places, shutting down this dogma before it gets to the point of the uk and europe sounds like a good idea to me, and if that means amending the amendment then so be it. How many warnings of what islam does to countries where it gets a foothold do you need.

edit on 20-4-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

Let's amend the first amendment right after we amend that pesky second amendment.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Can all the Muslims that aren't camping stay?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy
Im curious what laws or bans will prevent future attacks such as Bostons. This is not about guns this is about stopping determined criminals from committing future atrocities. Please dont confuse the two. Also is anyone a little pissed ,considering the vast amounts of money,loss of privacy,HLS,CIA,DOJ,FBI, Patriot act, National Defense act so on and so forth.I am.

Bill

1. We could start with the top 5-8 levels of the entire FEDERAL bureaucracy.

2. All the U.S. SENATE with maybe a handful of truly patriotic exceptions.

3. All the House Leadership and all House members who've been there longer than 4 years.

4. All the globalist military leaders above 02.

5. All the MSMedia leaders, owners and bureaucracy down to the 5th level from the top.

6. All the banksters down to the 7th-9th level from the top.

7. All the educational institution leaders and teachers with any philosophical leanings toward globalism whatsoever.

8. All the scientists in league with such tyrants.

9. All the industrial CEO's Boards of Directors and managers of large multi-nationals and any other corporations with any globalist sympathies whatsoever--down to the 5th to 7th levels from the top.

10. All the transportation managers--ditto.

11. All the communications managers--double ditto.

12. All the weapons tech managers down to the 7-9th levels from the top.

13. All leaders and staff of all THINK-TANKS, NGO's with any globalist sympathies whatsoever down to the 7-9th level from the top.

. . . and anyone else who fusses at such removals. LOL.

EXILE ALL OF THEM EN MASSE to . . . the furthest galactic cluster yet observed by whatever stargate might be available. . . . or, failing that . . . maybe via a gigantic UFO type craft with an unalterable guidance system set for the furthest star in our system yet observed . . .

However, given that the above is not the least bit remotely possible . . .

I guess we'll have to wait for Christ to deal with them at Armageddon . . . after they've genocidally murdered about half the earth's population.

Sigh.

edit on 20/4/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition & edit

edit on 20/4/2013 by BO XIAN because: ditto

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

I LOVE IT! think of all of the gov't jobs - good paying jobs = that can be created!

What kind of tax can we come up with to fund these high paying gov't jobs?

Can't do junk food, there's cigarettes (but their funding pre-kindergarten with that) let me see?

Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Surfrat

I LOVE IT! think of all of the gov't jobs - good paying jobs = that can be created!
. . .

Any ideas?

How about tax the traitorous congress critters, Federal bureaucracy, MSM media folks, Academics about $25.00 for EVERY TRAITOROUS, freedom destroying, NWO supporting word they utter or write . . .

And $50,000 for every piece of such legislation they sign or actionable deed they do?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I know I'm not allowed to post one liners but since you aksed.

Ban people.

No more terrorist attacks will happen.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join