It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we ban to prevent another Boston

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Never forget.

The Boston Marathon finish line had one of the world's largest police presences, along with federal agencies and even civilian PMC's. They had bomb detection units, K9 units and police spaced 15m apart for over a mile. Spotters on the roof, patrols.

Still happened. Imagine that.

Now feds are patrolling the streets of Boston in armored vehicles and entering homes without a warrant, people are just allowing them. They think it's a friendly, cooperative gesture.. but in the back of their head they realize if they don't allow it, they're in trouble.

The authorities are useless, and they do what all authority does.. punish and inconvenience the innocent.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy
Does being anti goverment make you a nonjihadist terrorist now?!

As of April 7, 2009, yes. A potential terrorist, anyway. So does being a veteran or a right-wing extremist who is angry about illegal immigration, hostile about gun laws, and/or believes in various conspiracy theories. If you're a left-wing extremist I think you're good, though.

As for what we can ban, I think if we ban everyone from leaving their home for any reason, ever, that should about cover it. Short of that, no ban has ever worked to my knowledge. It just makes criminals out of otherwise law-abiding citizens, while the actual criminals don't give a rats behind what the law says. That's kinda why they're called 'criminals' and not 'citizen of the year'.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Deporting muslims to prevent future bombings, and claiming that we have a creator being that set everything in motion on a whim are both equally ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
We could ban drills. Obviously the drill happened and it was compromised by some really evil opportunists.

There's no actual liberty one can give up in a public race event for a sensation of safety. That could have been any busy day in the world. It could have been New York, or any place where there was a lot of people. There is nothing extra to do except the regular layers of security, all of which were breached to get to the Boston explosions.

So ban corruption in those layers.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ban:

Hatred
Intolerance
Bigotry
Bullies
Inequality
Extremism (Religious, Political, ect.)
Sexism
Poverty
Starvation
Indifference
Isolationism
Radicalism
Racism
Greed

I'm sure I could add to the list and still not be hateful towards anyone, or any nationality, creed or religion.

You want to know how we can prevent another Boston?
Look in the mirror, say, "I'm not going to be the person who does anything to cause anything like Boston to happen."

Then work towards being that person every day.

You can only manage your own self, take that responsibility and own it.

M.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You can ban banning things. I think that's probably the best way to stop rebellions.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Camperguy

A free society will always be at risk of attacks because we are a free society.

The only way to prevent further attacks is to stop being a free society.

Were not free. That's the problem. The government is a two faced hypocritical agency and we're deluded into believing their false promises.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well hell...they've banned our freedom what else do you want...

I want to ban all the corrupt greedy government officials.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

Im curious what laws or bans will prevent future attacks such as Bostons.

Maybe we should ban people. They always seem to be at the center of all these tragedies.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Yes, I agree with you. Ban people! And finish lines. And caps and black nylon bags. And watches. And tar? Can we ban tar? What did we miss?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
maybe we ought to focus on banning Marxism ??
that would eliminate half or more of the government, these two suspected terrorists and any other willing participant in such a malevolent belief/practice.

and no, i don't believe the 'religious' angle is the correct one.
those who embrace such teachings have already proven that they're pliable and that is the weakness upon which Marxists prey.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
The jihadis responsible for carrying out the Jihad Attack on the
Boston Marathon were muslims from Chechnya

It was confirmed that they NEVER have been to Chechnya.
I think it was bbc news that also stated the older brother
in fact was a Christian.
Adam Lanza killed 26 at Sandy Hook elementary school does that
make all christian american terrorists too ?
Should all christian Europeans leave native Indian land ?
Indeed the violence in u.s. is an epidemic,
started by a virus of greed & suppression.
btw
Chechnya president quote "Boston suspects have no link to Chechnya"
suspects-not-linked-to-chechnya

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

yeah ok, that's one opinion.

they may not have been interacting with Chechnya but i have yet to meet an immigrant (legal or not) who does not maintain close ties with people in their home country.

i'd like to understand why such a public statement would even be necessary ?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Originally posted by Camperguy
...This is not about guns this is about stopping determined criminals from committing future atrocities....

No. The Boston Jihad Attack was not about "determined criminals" it was about devout muslim jihadis committed to the ascendancy of Islam across all the planet through the use of the mechanical process of Jihad.

Yea, sure thing, and I'm a Chinese jet pilot. I sincerely hope you have traveled the world enough to know that if you visited many other cultures, you would know that this is a set up from start to finish birthed right here in the US of A.

The truth is, you cannot prevent bad people from doing bad things if they have the drive and resources to do so (this includes uncle sam) You can ban the crap out of everything under the sun until we are forced to walk around naked, and those who would do us harm will find a way to do so.

When America is fed up with all of the dog and pony show wake me up and we can start progress.

edit on 20-4-2013 by UncleBingo because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2013 by UncleBingo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

How about we ban large stupid gatherings in large stupid cities? And if they insist on having these - have people sign an acknowledgment that - because of the USA's stupid open border policy - they may become victims of some disenfranchised individuals that "aren't happy enough" and could be killed?

How about people decide to live in small, gated communities where they can be armed and police themselves?

And educate their children as they see fit?

I would never attend these kind of events - because I know there's a lot of crazy people out there - I'm a psychiatric nurse.

How about we kill pedophiles? Do a search in your area - there's a lot more of them on "probation" than you think.

How about the number of infants the philly abortion docter killed in cold blood?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

How about all of the young muslim girls accused of "adultery" who were just raped?

There is sooo much wrong in the world - only Jesus coming back would solve it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

i wonder if i'll get in trouble for
at your post ?

i'm all for turning the border region into the largest shooting gallery/target practice location in the world. i doubt many would embark on such a journey knowing a stray bullet is potentially headed their way.
(although, we'd have to find and demolish all the underground tunnels first
)

How about people decide to live in small, gated communities where they can be armed and police themselves?
you might want to ask Zimmerman how well that concept is working out.

definitely in favor of home-schooling or public school curriculum being decided by the parents of attendees, not politicians.

i'm not a fan of large crowds, period, don't care what the event is.

no need, we utilize a neighborhood notification system as there are plenty in this region.
(one only a few doors away)

uh no ... dr my arse ... a criminal is a criminal is a criminal and i don't care what his "papers" say.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I'm glad you can appreciate the "sarcasm" in my post. But, really, what are we to do?

You want to live your life being responsible - and what are you up against in the "real" world.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

In other words trash the Constitution? No thank-you. Should we also ban Christianity because the Army of God conducted attacks against abortion clinics? Should we ban Judaism because the Jewish Defense League tried 15 times to carry out terrorist attacks in the US?

Extremism is not exclusive to one religion, political ideology or race.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join