Evidence of Ancient Advanced Civilizations...Would We Find It?

page: 3
27
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Originally posted by rickymouse

They found a gold bell buried deep in a mountain buried in coal. It was formed right into the coal. This means something built it millions of years ago.



In 1944, as a ten year old boy, Newton Anderson dropped a lump of coal and broke it in half in his basement and found that it contained this bell inside. The bituminous coal that was mined near his house in Upshur County West Virginia is supposed to be about 300 million years old! What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal ascribed to the Carboniferous Period? According to Norm Sharbaugh’s book Ammunition (which includes several “coal anecdotes”) the bell is an antediluvian artifact (made before the Genesis Flood). The Institute for Creation Research had the bell submitted to the lab at the University of Oklahoma. There a nuclear activation analysis revealed that the bell contains an unusual mix of metals, different from any known modern alloy production (including copper, zinc, tin, arsenic, iodine, and selenium).





reply to post by cenpuppie
 


Slayers thread

Just beefing out a good thread


Thinking about this kind of thing lead to considering how they measure and/or control time, as some of these artifacts just shouldn't be where they are and in the condition they're in, either that or their dating is insufficient for the job.
edit on 19-4-2013 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)



That thing is creepy looking, the figure on top of the bell reminds me of the demon statue in the Exorcist. I wouldn't want that thing in my house.




posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


Its a very intriguing question and one I have thought a lot about. Here is what I would look for:

1. Areas which seem to have suffered a loss of biodiversity in the past due to environmental destruction that appears to have been caused by man-made activities. The Amazon is going through this right now. If it stopped tomorrow and you came back in a few hundred years and did a DNA analysis of various species, it will show up as a bottleneck in genetic diversity that can be dated through extrapolation.

2. Evidence of mining operations. Any advanced civilization would use a lot of natural resources. Where are the abandoned mining operations?

3. Artifacts. Somewhere on the planet there may be technologically advanced artifacts still in existence. Possibly underwater as cities tend to be on coasts and rivers and the sea level has changed drastically in the past 100,000 years. Or in an installation buried deep underground, or even under the ice (Antarctica?)

4. Space. Did they have satellites? are any of them still orbiting the Earth? Did they leave anything on the Moon? Mars?

5. Evidence of a man made catastrophe. Is there anything to indicate that there could have been a war, a plague, etc? I know there are some ancient cities in India that are radioactive, not sure if that is naturally occurring from clay's in the soil however.

If there was an ancient advanced civilization, and there has certainly been enough time for one, it would leave subtle but detectable footprints.


Mars? See anything odd?




posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I've watched the television show "Life After People"


As someone who's been on digs, that show just makes me want to smack them on their lil' pointy heads.


...and it seems, to me at least, that most of our leavings would be gone in the fullness of time. Especially since a lot of our existence is now "in the cloud," so to speak.


We are focusing on making materials that don't break down and wear out so quickly (more efficient on the land, more efficient technology.) Societies that have to use lands around their living areas have selected places (middens... aka "landfills") to place their trash so it doesn't cause problems within living areas or in agricultural areas. Metals and other materials (building materials) come from somewhere -- you see large pit mines for metal and stone and more.

Furthermore, civilizations don't just show up fully formed any more than humans pop out of the womb fully grown and sporting college degrees and speaking multiple languages. They grow from less technological civilizations, and those leave a lot of traces on land.

The oldest sites we see (human) date to about 2.5 million years, and these are shaped rocks and beads and hearths. Traces of us could last as long as 10 million years or more. Heck, I've worked on dinosaurs that are much older than that.



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


There is an old saying

Man fears Time

But time fears the pyramids, so if something is set in large stone, it will survive



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by peterlopez42
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


There is an old saying

Man fears Time

But time fears the pyramids, so if something is set in large stone, it will survive


And who built the pyramids???



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


I too subscribe to most of the Ancient Astronaut theory, not all of it. I enjoy Ancient Aliens TV Show on History channel, but some of the guys on there are way off the center of logical. It seems that ancient man couldn't do anything by himself according to them.

But I agree, the history is hidden and we were not alone.

One,

Tony



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You already know a part of the answer as attested to by your excellent OOPART thread, but there may be evidence, here is a thought for you, A builder is digging a trench and come's upon pipe's, gear's electrical cable and concrete or similar ducting or sewer's, he is mile's from a city and not an archaeologist so he merely regard's it as modern and think's no more of it, An archaeologist encounter's similar does he (A) assume it is modern or near modern and refuse to hypothesise as that may be dangerous to his career and he may join the large number of such as himself whom have stuck there head out over time on these matter's only to be ostracised by his contemporary's or (B) take the leap that may end his career and bursary's, trash his reputation and leave him isolated, it has happened before though over Neolithic tools that were over 500000 year's too early and upset the established concept's and the cushy plush chair's that sit over that field, it cost the career of a female archaeologist and geologist whom published her finding's and dating evidence so bearing in mind how much less likely are those in that community to claim not stone artefacts but technological artefact's.

The same argument that was proposed to the US government in the 1950's about the possible cultural impact of the discovery of a superior race would also mean the official structure also may clamp down on it especially if there were evidence of a superior pre historic culture was discovered and also maybe the previous culture may not have been actually the same human race as us but another Extinct species along with the implication's that would postulate.

There may be more evidence around than anyone would believe.

Love your thread's by the way they are more what I look on this site for and a hell of a lot more intelligent than some, they garner the more intelligent comment's as well from other member's.

Just a reply to the satellite's enter a search into google or bing for BLACK NIGHT SATELLITE and try not be put off by Epsilon Bootes dis info, if the image's that time magazine published in the 1970's are real that somebody at NASA wanted to get close to that thing and neither they nor the Russian's put it there so as I believe it to not be alien that leaves' only an ancient civilisation as the remaining possibility.
edit on 20-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stugots16
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


I too subscribe to most of the Ancient Astronaut theory, not all of it. I enjoy Ancient Aliens TV Show on History channel, but some of the guys on there are way off the center of logical. It seems that ancient man couldn't do anything by himself according to them.

But I agree, the history is hidden and we were not alone.

One,

Tony


They're Here!




posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Let me start with a caveat. This post is pure speculation. I have no sources, no quotes, no videos or links to support my theory. In fact, I hesitate to call this a "theory," because that would imply some scientific validity and I have none to offer.


you lost me after that part, great thread....

there is so much stuff you could have quoted, linked to, called "evidence" and you couldn't even be bothered to manage that? lol
edit on 20-4-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki
 


Go easy there it was put up for us to add comment's to and that is what make's reading the comment's interesting as it is a wealth of idea's, theory's and general discussion interspersed with expertise and some not so expert, as for the evidence that is were we come in like this,

www.s8int.com...

Or this,

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

suite101.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

tribes.tribe.net...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

There is a whole wealth of this in book's dating from the 1960's and 1970's new age movement and spiritual enlightenment garbled with the philosophy of the time but even before the net this was out there.



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


A perfectly flat and smooth bottomed crater that could be actually a perfect one, A five sided eroded pyramidal mountain (look's like a Goa Ould cargo ship from the sci fi series stargate) with the scree from the erosion looking like it was water deposited in a almost circular circumference of the anomaly, two or more horizontal line's in the valley that runs north of that mountain or structure,.

A clear RIVER channel top right corner with what I can only describe as a broken bridge of some sort crossing the channel lower top right hand corner, in short many but the clincher is for me the bridge and it's convenient location connecting the low valley area across the river channel. Makes you wonder how many more such anomalous structure's would be found by a careful study of the old martian river system's.
Thank's for that image.
edit on 20-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


Its a very intriguing question and one I have thought a lot about. Here is what I would look for:

1. Areas which seem to have suffered a loss of biodiversity in the past due to environmental destruction that appears to have been caused by man-made activities. The Amazon is going through this right now. If it stopped tomorrow and you came back in a few hundred years and did a DNA analysis of various species, it will show up as a bottleneck in genetic diversity that can be dated through extrapolation.

2. Evidence of mining operations. Any advanced civilization would use a lot of natural resources. Where are the abandoned mining operations?

3. Artifacts. Somewhere on the planet there may be technologically advanced artifacts still in existence. Possibly underwater as cities tend to be on coasts and rivers and the sea level has changed drastically in the past 100,000 years. Or in an installation buried deep underground, or even under the ice (Antarctica?)

4. Space. Did they have satellites? are any of them still orbiting the Earth? Did they leave anything on the Moon? Mars?

5. Evidence of a man made catastrophe. Is there anything to indicate that there could have been a war, a plague, etc? I know there are some ancient cities in India that are radioactive, not sure if that is naturally occurring from clay's in the soil however.

If there was an ancient advanced civilization, and there has certainly been enough time for one, it would leave subtle but detectable footprints.


Mines that are over 43,000 years old:

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

blogs.smithsonianmag.com...



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 


The near entire surface of the earth is resurface through geological activity and erosion every 675 million year's or so but some area are of course preserved by there location and prevailing condition, continental plate movement is vastly destructive to almost all trace's of previous geological deposit and even microbial fossil's are very difficult to detect in rock older than 50000000000 year's but chemical trace's indicate the activity of respiration in the atmosphere possibly as long as 380000000000000 years ago a mere fraction after the earth was formed from the sol acretian disc, yet we are only supposed to be 200000 years old at most,.

In the Ural mountains in clay deposit strata dating to 300000 bc (god I hate it when they say bce) tungsten molybdenum filament's like those found in modern light bulb's have been found and though a hell of a lot of secret soviet research occurred there the layer they were found in was undisturbed.

www.pacal.de...

rabbithole2.com...
edit on 20-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I've watched the television show "Life After People"


As someone who's been on digs, that show just makes me want to smack them on their lil' pointy heads.


...and it seems, to me at least, that most of our leavings would be gone in the fullness of time. Especially since a lot of our existence is now "in the cloud," so to speak.


We are focusing on making materials that don't break down and wear out so quickly (more efficient on the land, more efficient technology.) Societies that have to use lands around their living areas have selected places (middens... aka "landfills") to place their trash so it doesn't cause problems within living areas or in agricultural areas. Metals and other materials (building materials) come from somewhere -- you see large pit mines for metal and stone and more.

Furthermore, civilizations don't just show up fully formed any more than humans pop out of the womb fully grown and sporting college degrees and speaking multiple languages. They grow from less technological civilizations, and those leave a lot of traces on land.

The oldest sites we see (human) date to about 2.5 million years, and these are shaped rocks and beads and hearths. Traces of us could last as long as 10 million years or more. Heck, I've worked on dinosaurs that are much older than that.


Thanks, Byrd. I was really hoping you'd chime in.

Can you explain why you find the show Life After People disingenuous?

Your argument about civilizations forming over time makes sense. I wonder, though, if in the past a civilization could have made it to stage 4, abandoned Earth...and the whole process started over again. Of course, that theory makes a lot of presumptions, too.

Ah, well. It's fun to speculate, at any rate.



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Let me start with a caveat. This post is pure speculation. I have no sources, no quotes, no videos or links to support my theory. In fact, I hesitate to call this a "theory," because that would imply some scientific validity and I have none to offer.


you lost me after that part, great thread....

there is so much stuff you could have quoted, linked to, called "evidence" and you couldn't even be bothered to manage that? lol
edit on 20-4-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)




I've written threads about some of that "evidence" you mention. Just check my thread history. Quite honestly, the OOPARTS threads got debunked pretty quickly. Still not completely convinced about the ancient maps, more digging to do there...but the other items didn't last under scrutiny.



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


Or transferred there consiousness into a deathless state of being, energy or machine, a Chinese proverb "The most cunning animal is the one no man has yet seen". Of course they could be the gray's.
edit on 20-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: big finger's little key's



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


A perfectly flat and smooth bottomed crater that could be actually a perfect one, A five sided eroded pyramidal mountain (look's like a Goa Ould cargo ship from the sci fi series stargate) with the scree from the erosion looking like it was water deposited in a almost circular circumference of the anomaly, two or more horizontal line's in the valley that runs north of that mountain or structure,.

A clear RIVER channel top right corner with what I can only describe as a broken bridge of some sort crossing the channel lower top right hand corner, in short many but the clincher is for me the bridge and it's convenient location connecting the low valley area across the river channel. Makes you wonder how many more such anomalous structure's would be found by a careful study of the old martian river system's.
Thank's for that image.
edit on 20-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)


You just described Cydonia.


Look for Martian Face on the lower right corner.



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Cool I actually did not scroll the image until I read your comment, a 3 stooges moment for me when I realized that the image scrolled, thank's for that and yes in light of that then ancient structure not mountain is appropriate.
I was looking at related not cydonia images the other day and left a redirect thread for road like structure on mars her www.abovetopsecret.com..., there is a section in the comment's relating to the real stargate program and remote viewing though weather it is true or not you'll have to decide but a guy supposedly remote viewed cydonia in the past, see the redirect in the comment's there.

Have a look at waffle rock right here on earth just type waffle rock into bing or google but here is the first page bing directed me to
www.geulogy.com...

www.bing.com...=detail&id=0E6B0D3ADF8BD7D95B8B37FE6111FA9B1CE06F3A&selectedIndex=2[edi tby]edit on 20-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
reply to post by Harte
 


You are jumping to a lot of conclusions here...

The foundations of buildings could be the first things to go because water collects underground and doesn't dry up like it does above ground. The water would corrode and penetrate all the man made material below.

Nah. Not the concrete.

However, let's assume you're right. What, would the concrete just turn into dirt, then? Would said dirt match the surrounding dirt well enough that, were someone in the future to dig or drill there, they wouldn't notice?

Obviously, like I said, such a site could possibly be missed, thence never found.

But there's simply no question that the evidence of a foundation would be there, right there, until somebody removed it.


Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
Also... even though we could know of million year old mans remains that doesn't mean entire eras on Earth couldn't be wiped away and destroyed by catastrophes. Those million year old eras could be protected by a calm environment before and after the era. If an era did NOT have a calm spell during it's time they could easily be destroyed without a trace.

Not a chance. However, if any society was advanced in the very ancient past, it's possible we will never find the evidence. But the evidence would still be there.

Some thought should be given towards how a society becomes advanced. The society we live in today, the advanced technology we have, could not exist at all in small isolated pockets. There's a good argument that "advanced" societies can't become advanced without large amounts of trade and contact with other areas. The point there being that there would not only be evidence, there would be a whole lot of it.

Harte



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Let me start with a caveat. This post is pure speculation. I have no sources, no quotes, no videos or links to support my theory. In fact, I hesitate to call this a "theory," because that would imply some scientific validity and I have none to offer.


you lost me after that part, great thread....

there is so much stuff you could have quoted, linked to, called "evidence" and you couldn't even be bothered to manage that? lol

The capability of calling some claim "evidence" does make that claim worthy of the statement.

Smyleegrl appears to be above such nonsense, and is only speculating and wondering here. I certainly applaud her for not mentioning the sort of flapdoodle you're talking about.

Everything mentioned in this thread so far has been beaten to death in the past here at ATS. There exists no evidence whatsoever for any such ancient advanced civilization. There is no claim that has not been either soundly refuted, exposed as fraud, or shown to be spurious due to there being no evidence for the claim.

For example, the "bell in coal," and any other object supposedly found in coal. There's no coal on these objects. There's no object somewhere embedded in coal. Even the people that submit this claim, if they know anything at all about the subject, tell the story of how the finder cleaned the coal off the object.

IOW, there are objects.
There are claims that the objects were found embedded in coal.
The objects are no longer embedded in coal.
There is no official report of the object having been examined while embedded in coal.
There's no coal on the object.

So, why should we believe it was embedded in coal? Because somebody said so?

Some time back, I read (and linked here) an old newspaper report that the local turnips that year wear growing so well that the U.S. Army had established a military school and bunkhouse inside of a hollowed out turnip in a farmer's field.

You like turnips?

Harte





new topics
top topics
active topics
 
27
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join