It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String Theory, Michio Kaku, and Civilizations Beyond Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This video was uploaded to You Tube sometime in 2012. It presents some basics of String Theory, of which most of us on ATS are at least familiar with. Additionally, Professor Michio Kaku proposes four types of civilizations, Type 0, Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3. I had never heard of these types of civilizations before and thought it quite interesting. I wonder what he bases his presumptions on? According to Professor Kaku, Earth is currently a Type 0 civilization. He says around 2100 we should be a Type 1 civilization.

UFO Conspiracy of the Highest Echelon
edit on 19-4-2013 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It does make you wonder, although if a 'Type 3' civilization really existed, it does beg the question of why we've never come into contact.

Then again... most of the worlds religions would seem to indicate that something came here a long time ago and bestowed upon us technological innovations so it isn't completely outrageous to assume they are out there. I know they are planning on doing a string theory experiment in space to test whether entanglement occurs FTL. If it does it would be amazing to think we could use that as a basic method of instant communication anywhere in the universe with a basic morse code kind of set up.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CyningSaeward

It does make you wonder, although if a 'Type 3' civilization really existed, it does beg the question of why we've never come into contact.

I wonder the same thing, Cyning. I do like Professor Kaku's analogy with ants. If a Type 2 or 3 civilization existed, maybe we're just not that interesting to them. Boggles my mind lol

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Interesting video

The idea of using scales to differentiate civilization levels was proposed in the early sixties by Soviet astronomer Nikolai Kardashev, and it still bears his name, the Kardashev scale. His intention was to measure a civilization's progress by the amount of energy consumption / utilization.

Sources:

Princeton
Wikipedia

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RationalDespair
Interesting video

The idea of using scales to differentiate civilization levels was proposed in the early sixties by Soviet astronomer Nikolai Kardashev, and it still bears his name, the Kardashev scale. His intention was to measure a civilization's progress by the amount of energy consumption / utilization.

Sources:

Princeton
Wikipedia

I'll check out those links! What an interesting idea to measure a civilization's progress by how much energy its consumes/utilizes!

top topics

join