It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The liberty wing of the GOP (along with others) said NO to CISPA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just saw this and thought it would be good to share. Even though most Republicans in the house along with their cohort democrats voted to pass CISPA through the house, let's pay close attention to those that NAY'd the bill.

Most of these guys (who have been open about being mostly 'in line' with the Ron Paul's philosophically, and some almost completely in line) are the future of the Republican party.

How many more can we get in 2014? We definitely need more to fight bills like CISPA, NDAA, Monsanto Protection Act, The insider trading repeal, unbalanced budgets, Patriot Act, unconstitutional legislation, etc...

www.facebook.com...

CISPA passed, but the following past or present RLC endorsees voted against it. They make up almost half the Republicans opposing the bill in the House.

Tom McClintock (CA), Dana Rohrabacher (CA), Ted Yoho (FL), Raul Labrador (ID), Tim Huelskamp (KS), Thomas Massie (KY), Justin Amash (MI), Kerry Bentivolio (MI), Walter Jones (NC), Louie Gohmert (TX), Kenny Marchant (TX), Steve Stockman (TX).

We now push on to defeat the bill in the Senate where we will have to make an extra effort to make sure that we hold Pat Toomey and Jeff Flake's feet to the fire. And I think we can probably win back McConnell with a little work too.

www.govtrack.us...

edit on 19-4-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

And you wonder why Congress has such a dismal approval rating.

Its nice to see true Patriots stand up for what they believe in.

S&F

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Bumping.......

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Was there even a CISPA thread? I didn't see one on ATS. I'm sure almost everybody here was aware of it.

Sometimes the best way to fight something is to merely support its opposer. Sort of like the way Reagan did with communists during the cold war.

new topics

top topics

join