It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Listening to the scanner and trying to watch sky news is confusing, are these scanners live?
Originally posted by winofiend
It'd be handy to have a popup window button, with a sticky type page listing all up to date info, maybe as an option to creating a thread and having delegates to update it.. wouldn't be hard to write up a script to do that, and specific forums would benefit from such a feature to keep them coherent to a degree, but these things never seem to happen before bigger buttons and stuff appear..
Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Here is a recap on all the events, so as to stop the confusion:
1. MIT police officer shot dead
2. Police respond to MIT shooting, suspects still at large
3. Unconfirmed reports of explosion at MIT, by ATS member on skype with friend at scene. !!!unconfirmed!!!
4. Male carjacked at gunpoint in black mercedes, by two, "short" middle eastern men, who held him hostage for half hour, whilst driving around
5. Middle Eastern Males talked about going to New York City, before they released the carjacking victim, who rang police
6. Car spotted at a Gas Station, where suspects sped off at speed
7. Police pursuit of vehicle
8. Suspects fire and throw "explosives" at police from Mercedes
9. Something happens (unclear) and suspects ditch Mercedes and make off in State Police SUV
10. Officer heard screaming on scanner that suspects were throwing explosives at him (lots of gunfire heard in background)
11. Suspects leave SUV and gain control over a black Camaro somehow (unclear as to how)
12. Suspects leave Camaro in Watertown on foot
13. One suspect shot and transported to MG hospital
14. 2nd suspect evades police
15. Police locate him, but are called off by OC, due to explosive packages strew in different places "Retreat retreat" was heard over the scanner
16. Police corner a suspect (white male shown on news pictures), and make him lie on the ground and strip
17. White male was just caught in the whole situation and is freed
18. 2nd Suspect still remains at large.
Originally posted by PatriotGames2
Is it true they're reporting these guys are foreign and came here about a year ago? For highly trained terrorists I'd figure the bombings would have been worse though many people could have died that didn't. Plus tonight kind of makes me think they must be highly trained, whoever they are...
Originally posted by ManiShuck
Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Originally posted by Dumbass
Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Originally posted by digital01anarchy
did i just hear CNN say the suspect that went to the hospital was killed at the hospital?
CNN is about 2 hours behind what's really happening...we are witnessing the dawn of a new news age!
That is a couple if years now, im not saying cnn tells truth, but there is a huge difference between man stream media and speculation on in internet. If we claim militia, we discuss, of cnn reports militia the whole country goes in a wtf state for example
What? Most of the reports in the net are coming from eyewitnesses and scanners...the proverbial horses mouth if you will...much...much more accurate than waiting hours for bumbling reporters to get their stories straight...
Just think about how much info we wouldn't have if we relied only on CNN/FOX and others. I learned everything from reddit, here or the feeds from the net.
Originally posted by anon4m05
"The area infront of MIT migh be 'effected' too"
Effected by what??