It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 357
<< 354  355  356    358 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Has anyone ever made the connection of the elder bomber's name- Tamerlan, to 'Tamerlane', who called himself 'the Sword of Islam'?

Timur the Lame historically known as Tamerlane, responsible for 17 million deaths, which was 5% of the worlds estimated population at the time.(873 AD)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Nope, I guess you are the first to make that link, at least in this thread.
The only question is; to what end? What to make of it? That's a more interesting question in case you have an answer for it. Is it turkic or arabic? What I come to think of is Timur Lenk, is it the same guy? Like it would matter...

To me it is just some coincidence. I am not too sure about these things but people sometimes like to give themselves cool-sounding names for no reason. It doesn't change anyting imho.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I just supposed that the name was picked by his father, and may be an indication of what he wished son to become, or be like when he grew up.

You know, an Islamic warrior that exterminated 17 million people. Might give a bit of insight into his early childhood, maybe?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Okay, so by that logic everyone Charles should therefore be accountable before King Charles XII or Charlemagne? And every Heinrich is supposed to be the new Himmler?
I don't buy that. Of course his father could possibly have had the historical figure in mind but you have to understand that one persons mass-murderer is the other's national hero. There are plenty of examples for that to go around...
It is a vague lead, that's all.

Good perception skills though

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Has anyone ever made the connection of the elder bomber's name- Tamerlan, to 'Tamerlane', who called himself 'the Sword of Islam'?

Yep. Some talking head did that on CNN the day he was identified.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Related to the post I made above this.

A photo that the younger bomber took of a car with the license plate Terrorista#1. Which belonged to his friends?

Terrorist in Portuguese Terrorista.

Could there be a Portugal connection?
edit on 22-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

That licence plate has nothing whatsoever to do with what we think of as "terrorism". It is a musical reference to this.

www.youtube.com...

Penny

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

Okay, so by that logic everyone Charles should therefore be accountable before King Charles XII or Charlemagne? And every Heinrich is supposed to be the new Himmler?
I don't buy that. Of course his father could possibly have had the historical figure in mind but you have to understand that one persons mass-murderer is the other's national hero. There are plenty of examples for that to go around...
It is a vague lead, that's all.

Good perception skills though

It is just a bit more than Heinrich equating to Himmler, I believe.
There aren't a lot of Tamerlane references, except to the 'Sword of Islam', as he called himself.
Google it yourself, to see.
I have met quite a few people named Charles, and even Heinrich( but Himmler? no).... not so many named Tamerlan. I can say that I have met a guy named Adolph, but not Hitler.

Of course his father could possibly have had the historical figure in mind but you have to understand that one persons mass-murderer is the other's national hero

Well now, that is my point.... His pop might have named him after his hero, Just like a neo-Nazi might name his son Hitler. One man's hero, you know.....
edit on 23-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Without jumping the gun, do you have many turkic friends?
We should try to keep our bias on a level here, me thinks.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Without jumping the gun, do you have many turkic friends?
We should try to keep our bias on a level here, me thinks.

Many is a relative term, but I will say no, I do not have many Turkic friends... at least not many that claim to be Turkic.
How do Turkic peoples feel about Adolph Hitler?
Many people feel a hatred towards his actions (killing millions).... But then if you go to the right places, you will find sympathizers.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What I am implying is how could you tell whether Tamerlan is a common name or not.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Anderson Cooper just interviewed the squad that apprehended the suspect at the boat. The captain of the squad said that in his opinion, the neck wound was not caused by a bullet, but by a knife or possibly schrapnel from earlier.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What I am implying is how could you tell whether Tamerlan is a common name or not.

Well thank you for saying it clearly now.

Is it a common name? (I did a Google search, it does not show up for me as being a common name)
If so, You might have brought this up in your reply to my first post regarding the name. It would have saved a lot of posts.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
One thing that really bothers me in this that I have not seen anybody mention yet. Russia asked for this guy to be looked into in 2011. The FBI say they looked into him and seen nothing of interest. But at the same time the guys best friend and two others had there throats cut by some one they knew but they did not have a suspect? What the hell does it take to catch the FBI's attention any more?

On September 12, 2011, at 12 Harding Avenue in Waltham, Massachusetts, the bodies of Brendan Mess (above, right) and two others were found, their throats slit, their bodies covered in marijuana, with $5,000 left at the scene. In this Patch video (below) the local DA describes the carnage cops found when they arrived, and he says "it does look like the assailants and the decedents did know each other. We have no evidence of a break in the apartment"

www.heavy.com...
edit on 23-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What if the boys were recruited against their will?
For example a cell notices the boys as potential fall guys and and while recruiting them kill some of their friends and then threaten to kill family and more friends if they don't go through the training and then the bombing.

Just a thought.

Im on the fence about how big this whole thing really is i think it goes much further than the two boys.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Looks like they were framed when looking at the official photos that have been released.

The question now is, why would the powers that be want to bomb the Boston marathon? What are they trying gain? What are they trying to take away from us? What's their agenda and why?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Not putting merit to it, just inquiring if anyone else read this

www.wnd.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

What makes you say they were framed? Which photos are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"Mangled vehicles all over the road/highway"
Link to Scanner Transmission

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Human error? I recommend you read a book called "The Next Catastrophe" by a guy named Perrow. He sorts out all the miscommunication between the White House and the intelligence community prior to 9/11.
I guess the biggest loss here is saying that "Al Qaeda is defeated" and then having this sort of thing happening, whether it was linked to Al Q or not is irrelevant. The threat lives and can never be ignored...

reply to post by xXSvenXx

Your theory is not totally off the wall. Chechen insurgents are known to have employed so called "Black Widows" which in practice are widows of men that the rebels (often) killed themselves, blaming it on the russians and then demanded the surviving wife to commit suicide bombing.
This could be the case but I personally think it is not. Regarding the older brother's youtube activity for example it seems like he was kinda into this stuff. Maybe Dzjochar was under threat from him though...?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by imheartbreak
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

What makes you say they were framed? Which photos are you referring to?

Suspects framed

top topics

<< 354  355  356    358 >>

join