It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 349
<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
reply to post by bkaust

No kidding ... how dare they cheer against a terrorist who killed and maimed so many ... how dare they !

Are you guys kidding me with this crap.

No, I'm not kidding, I find that 'USA USA' chanting crap creepy as hell. I don't take any sort of joy in any of this, regardless of how it went down. I'm not sticking up for anyone, and I'm not taking pity on either of the guys - I just don't see why people would gather to watch it go down and actually CLAP. I can't comprehend how anyone would think that would be a good idea.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Originally posted by SMR
reply to post by bkaust

No kidding ... how dare they cheer against a terrorist who killed and maimed so many ... how dare they !

No, I'm not kidding, I find that 'USA USA' chanting crap creepy as hell. I don't take any sort of joy in any of this, regardless of how it went down. I'm not sticking up for anyone, and I'm not taking pity on either of the guys - I just don't see why people would gather to watch it go down and actually CLAP. I can't comprehend how anyone would think that would be a good idea.

It should be more like a sigh of relief, get a beer, go home get some rest...maybe behind the scenes but not on a public communication tool

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mochief
Damn, i cant make a thread yet but someone please do

Check this video out, it shows what the difference between homemade explosives and c4...HME HAVE A WHITE cloud, C4 has a yellow cloud

www.youtube.com...

In the video of the Boston Bombings the cloud looks yellowish
Check 7 to 12 seconds

www.youtube.com...

Can some of the more experienced ATS members take a look over this and give their opinion

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mochief

The cloud color is dependent on the chemicals used to make the explosive. Saying all homemade explosives have to have a particular color is just plain silly. Hell, you could add an extra chemical to most explosives to give it any color you choose.

There are lots of ways to make something explode, many, many combinations of chemicals can be used. The chemicals generally used in pressure cooker devises are low explosives not high explosives. Low explosives give their energy over time so the pressure vessel holds that energy effectively transforming the energy release to the type expected of a high explosive.

Suggest you ignore those YT vids.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by Jennyfrenzy
Does anyone know whatever happened to the naked guy?!? Tried a google search but didn't find anything.

I wish this would go away

Police had him lay down because he matched the description of the suspect.
Police had him undress himself to prove he did not have an explosive vest on.
Police moved in and took him away.
Police checked his ID, found him simply in the right place at the wrong time.
Police probably apologised to him
Police released him as unconnected to the case.

P

Followed this story pretty closely, dont recall any of that info on that subject, do you have a source or link?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Around pages 80 to about 110. Sorry best I can do. It was repeated a few times in answer to these questions.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mochief

Cloud color can also change depending on the white balance in the camera.
It often happens when the light changes that the white balance is either on manual (not changing) or on auto, then it adapts automatically.

Wrong white balance can result in yellowish/white or even blueish color.

Just my two cents, i am no expert on clouds / explosives.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Originally posted by SMR
reply to post by bkaust

I agree. A Justice Department official recently said the Boston Marathon bombing suspect will not be read his Miranda rights because the government is invoking a public safety exception. That official and a second person briefed on the investigation says 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will be questioned by a special interrogation team for high-value suspects. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to disclose the information publicly.

This should of course make the "Lets Lynch the guy" crowd on ATS and their 300 pages long IIIIHAAA lets get that stinkin 19 yo muslim bomber- threads quite happy. I even saw a couple of moderators joining into the man hunt frenzy. No one questioning the unfolding story. It was like being moved back to the old wild west and watching a good ol posse out to catch and hang the accused "criminal".

Welcome to the US. Here following goes; "One rifle, one gun. One for killing, one for fun." Justice? Who cares... Here it is "Just Us!" that counts.
edit on 20-4-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Morning people. Finally got some sleep now I'm back... So where are we?

General discussion on the topic now? Analysis or keeping eyes peeled?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So the two guys the cops was looking for just so happens to be near the area the robbery took place by different people? lol That's gotta be more than a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Someone just posted this over Twitter - In order to point out the time, for Potheads (420) but actually look at the guy in the photo.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Was there always a "public saftey clause" or have they made it up since 9-11 and the creation of the DHS?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Never mind. www.cnn.com...
I guess it doesn't matter suspects are found guilty in the streets.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I bet this is a way for america to set up shop in chechnya nice and close to their enemy, ww3 is coming soon my friends and the players are positioning their pieces

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
How is anyone suppose to follow a 349-page thread?

Sort of off topic, I realize, but not really. This is the main information-related thread on this topic and there is no practical way of going through it to find useful information.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Sort of off topic, I realize, but not really. This is the main information-related thread on this topic and there is no practical way of going through it to find useful information.

I'm sure someone is working on a break down to this thread if not .. Would you fancy it ? Hehe

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

This thread is Epic, lucky enough ATS has a system which helps you pick out the best responses

Read the stars

I'v read most of this thread, I tend to find my self backtracking when I seen a posts which is a reply to somebody and has loads of stars - I obviously missed a good point.

The contributors of this thread have probably done a better job than most media companies sat round there desks getting paid

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The manhunt has ended for one of the 2 suspects of the Boston Marathon bombing that left 3 people dead and scores injured earlier in the week.

One suspect is dead. The other -- his brother had been on the run and had been pursued by an army of law enforcement, who had shut down the city of Boston and all surrounding areas.

The search followed a violent night in which authorities say the two men allegedly hurled explosives at pursuers after killing a police officer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and hijacking a car. The driver of the hijacked car manages to escape but says the men told him they were the "Marathon Bombers".

Police Commissioner Ed Davis urged residents to remain patient earlier on Friday.

The police say they cornered the man hiding in a boat in the backyard of a home in Watertown. They said they wanted to make sure he was unarmed and alone before arresting him.

There are still many questions left unanswered in this story, from the day of the marathon bombing to the 24 hours or so that followed. It's yet to be seen how the story will develop in the days and weeks to come and whether the many unanswered questions will be addressed.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I told you. But this is not the worst of it.

More still comes your way.

Originally posted by opethPA
Ugh.. Just saw this on my Twitter feed also:
"MIT says gunshots were heard near Stata Center outside Kendall Square, advises students to stay clear"

emergency.mit.edu...

Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:48 PM
At 10:48 PM today gunshots were reported near Building 32 (Stata) which is currently surrounded by responding agencies. The area is cordoned off. Please stay clear of area until further notice. Unknown if injuries have occurred.. Although the situation is considered active and extremely dangerous, an investigation is underway. Updates will be provided at this site when more information becomes available.

This is most likely just a random crime but seriously I think that area has had enough.
edit on 18-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2013 by Gemwolf because: Updated title

edit on Fri Apr 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First
edit on Fri Apr 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I found it quit easy. I was here from the beginning and started at page 1.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join