It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 339
<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Obama - "Still many unanswered questions."

Ummm ya think??

So he's now in critical condition at the hospital. Bet he doesn't make it

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I'll read up on it. If they do have rights than I think that should be re though. Not to be an ass, but they don't deserve any.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Originally posted by Isittruee
reply to post by ButterCookie

Doesn't need to be. Terrorists don't have rights.

That's true...non-American terrorists.

Us Americans have certain rights that cannot be trumped...no matter the charge.

I hope this guy gets what he deserves, but I also hope my rights are not trampled in the process.

Well, I hope he has gets a day in court. I really do. As stated earlier, he could actually be innocent. but we definitely don't need a Jack Ruby going in that hospital...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Even non-Americans are protected by our constitution while on US soil...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Technically, I believe you are right.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I want more info on the 2 men and 1 female arrested in New Bedford, I want to know what happened with the naked man from this morning and the two guys in the taxi that had a device detonated as well... still many loose ends.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Hence Gitmo being in Cuba.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

reply to post by JayinAR

I'll read up on it. If they do have rights than I think that should be re though. Not to be an ass, but they don't deserve any.

He's an American and deserves his rights, regardless what he's accused of. If we allow the state to revoke rights based on the severity of the crime, then we will soon have no rights left to defend.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Watching them replay the uncle.........

Do you think they will let the family come visit him in the hospital? I would be afraid the uncle would strangle him.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Earlier today I had CNN on in the background and heard them say that military policemen were drawing ammunition and being sent into the Subway tunnels.

Shortly after that they had a guy on saying that he felt this was the start of something rather than the ending.

I have to wonder who funded them, because they had some spendy weapons in the rolling shootout last night.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Martial Law In America – “Boston Marathon: ‘Martial Law’ Imposed On City”
Isn’t this where the liberty movement began for America? The Boston Tea Party was here and it started the ball rolling for our forefathers to break away from the tyrannical government of England. If Barry’s father was a British citizen as is reported on the birth certificate which he claimed in a national broadcast, then America is again under British rule.
From Wikipedia:
“The Tea Party was the culmination of a resistance movement throughout British America against the Tea Act, which had been passed by the British Parliament in 1773. Colonists objected to the Tea Act because they believed that it violated their rights as Englishmen to “No taxation without representation,” that is, be taxed only by their own elected representatives and not by a British parliament in which they were not represented. Protesters had successfully prevented the unloading of taxed tea in three other colonies, but in Boston, embattled Royal Governor Thomas Hutchinson refused to allow the tea to be returned to Britain.
The Boston Tea Party was a key event in the growth of the American Revolution. Parliament responded in 1774 with the Coercive Acts, or Intolerable Acts, which, among other provisions, ended local self-government in Massachusetts and closed Boston’s commerce.”

SMR

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The streets of Boston and surrounding areas look as though a championship was won. All the cheering and rightfully so.
I still wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably though. Every gun shot or loud bang would set me on edge.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

so they shouldn't have locked the city down? maybe let the guy escape to possible set more bombs?

link   
FBI's info on "Public Saftey Exemption" to the Miranda Rights.

In brief, and as discussed in this article, police officers confronting situations that create a danger to themselves or others may ask questions designed to neutralize the threat without first providing a warning of rights

I believe this is what they will go with, simply because there may be additional IED/Explosive devices in places where they could harm innocents.
edit on 19-4-2013 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

link   
Fox News anchor Eric: (paraphrase) "They say he was like any normal college kid who smokes weed and listens to rap music, but, ....etc etc)

link   
reply to post by SMR

I know i'm pissing on the parade here, but what if there's other bombs that are unaccounted for? All of those people gathered on the common.... not good.

link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

They also had ammunition stashed in places.

Its gotta be at least a 95% probability these turds had help. Even during the Marathon in the way of get away drivers.

link   

Originally posted by DirtyD

reply to post by JayinAR

He's an American and deserves his rights, regardless what he's accused of. If we allow the state to revoke rights based on the severity of the crime, then we will soon have no rights left to defend.

That was then this is now.

In Obama's America once you get the "terrorist" label they can do whatever they want with you.

If anything meets the criteria for using drones on civilians this does, and Obama has stated publicly that he has the power to make that call when national security is at stake.

So if he'd be willing to use on the guy, he'd be willing to deny him counsel.

link   
reply to post by SMR

The USA! chants are nauseating.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
I want more info on the 2 men and 1 female arrested in New Bedford, I want to know what happened with the naked man from this morning and the two guys in the taxi that had a device detonated as well... still many loose ends.

Well, the naked man, he was cleared and released. Some guy walking home. Interesting noone brings up the other guy, a brown guy, who police had in custody for a short while, at that same time.

Was it the taxi guys where one refused to give his info?

We also had reports throughout the night of officers injured at random areas. Three at the staging location. One found dead and two others seriously injured elsewhere.

Then when the raids started. A house that had a rocket and tunnels in it.

Later on we had the old man who was investigated by four robots. Some comments mentioned him being cleared and released, others saying a body was seen in the area covered by a blanket/cloth.

We also had a lady running away from the same area as the old man (and a man on a roof), jumping down to the tracks.

I actually think a lot of it was just suspicious activity or things that were later investigated and found to not be what they were originally thought. Last night we were getting something like 1-2 sightings of the suspect every 30 minutes in random locations. Even after then, most of the sightings ended up being idiots out and about.

top topics

<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join