It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Anyone know if there are scanners for other channels?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I saw this, and have wondered the same thing all day.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What about K9's?
I've seen what those beasts can do. They'll track them down in no time. Surprises me they won't use them right away.
Anyone know why not?

link   
Reply to post by RadicalRebel

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

If the FBI was watching one for 3 years they have to have help. Why they do not just come out and say they know this is part of something larger I am not sure.

It is BS that it is taking this long to catch a 19 year old that has no training (assuming they are lone wolf killers). It just does not happen like that. How incompetent does that make law enforcement?

Raist

link   
reply to post by Raud

They dont want to risk casualties from the dogs and the perp. A dog gets a hold of him, he's blowing himself up.

link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Okay...

So NOBODY was watching Fox this morning at 8:30 EST and heard and saw a Fox camera man in front of a house in Watertown where police all had their guns drawn....and there was a FULL minute of explosions,....and gunshots... and the reporter at Fox says she's hearing it and seeing it too....and even states she sees "fire" through the window...

Because I've played it back twice. It happened.

What was that all about?

I saw what I think you are referencing. The on-scene anchor said she smelt smoke while a few officers were on the roof with guns drawn. This was really early in the morning. Maybe she was just smelling tear gas or something? She said she heard no explosion.

link   
So is the old guy in custody ANOTHER old guy, different from the 60 to 70 year old from earlier today? Who they called the Russian translator for and said he had a "dead man's switch"? Or the same?

link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

If the FBI was watching one for 3 years they have to have help. Why they do not just come out and say they know this is part of something larger I am not sure.

It is BS that it is taking this long to catch a 19 year old that has no training (assuming they are lone wolf killers). It just does not happen like that. How incompetent does that make law enforcement?

Raist

Maybe they were building a case against the whole cell, they wanted to see how many people were involved.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Okay...

So NOBODY was watching Fox this morning at 8:30 EST and heard and saw a Fox camera man in front of a house in Watertown where police all had their guns drawn....and there was a FULL minute of explosions,....and gunshots... and the reporter at Fox says she's hearing it and seeing it too....and even states she sees "fire" through the window...

Because I've played it back twice. It happened.

What was that all about?

This could be when they killed him....

link   

Originally posted by Raud
What about K9's?
I've seen what those beasts can do. They'll track them down in no time. Surprises me they won't use them right away.
Anyone know why not?

According to scanner they have two full teams of K9 dogs.

Plus several single unit K9s with bomb specialization...

link   
reply to post by Raist

I was just throwing it out there. Like others have said there are more secure lines where they may be discussing exactly where he is....Seems unlikely though.

He may just be dead somewhere very hidden.

link   
Well this blogpost by some random woman is saying the family were a bunch of political activist who had increased their "religious zeal" and made "offensive political suggestions" about 9/11. So if this is true why wouldn't they be defending their sons? alyssalindley.tumblr.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

while i have noting to support this other then opinion.....they could be worried about the dogs triggering devices(ie they dont know to look for trip wires etc) or the suspect could be using low level methods of combating being trailed by dogs..crushing up glass bulbs and leaving them behind him or other irritants that can take a k9 unit out for awhile or end their jobs by ruining their noses

link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

All I was saying is that its a possibility. Drugs, people crazy for whatever reason. Meth cooks will defend their labs to the death...

Anything like that could be the source of other skirmishes with police.

It wouldn't take too many of these for all hell to break loose.

Its a touchy situation. A lot of people DO NOT want cops in their homes. For whatever reason.

link   
So if they don't find the suspect, how long will they keep people under lockdown in Boston?

Days, weeks......

And where's next?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

He was likely trained by a terrorist cell within the US, of course, assuming he was trained.

So you're telling me that there are training camps in US for terrorists ? Training camps that FBI, local police, whatever are unaware of ?

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

I take it you haven't seen the training videos from Afghanistan (not saying he trained there). Yes, they start them early. Very early.

No i havent actually. But where does it say that either of the two received training in Afghanistan ?

link   

Originally posted by Raud
What about K9's?
Anyone know why not?

They have had the k-9 units out all day and still no results.

link   
reply to post by Covertblack

True, but right now they are making it out that this is just some college kid who along with his brother just went on a killing spree. This kid has more lives than a cat if that is the case.

Raist

link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Aight.
I may also be a bit too optimistic. They still need a fresh track to follow and as it seems, no one knows anything about where to begin...

Maybe just "release the hounds" and let it sort itself out?

top topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join