It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Question for you all. If a terrorist was speeding away in a car, shooting cops and civilians, would you support a drone taking them out?

Unarmed drone? for tracking...like PD Helicopters? Yes. But never armed drones on US Soil...Right now armed drones are restricted to foriegn soil aka extra-judicial...not within the Jurisdiction of the USA and it's law enforcement resources.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Covertblack

In this context, yes...all about context.

Yes. I am of the "Depends on the Situation/Context" party when it comes to these situations.

Who would/do you trust to make the decision rgd whether the context warrants the use of drones, ...?

edit on 19-4-2013 by hakona because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

They just said if the door isn't opened (nobody home), they will open the door and search top to bottom, inside and out. Yikes!

Just like I said in my post they must have decided they have P.C . Their main job is to get the guy!!

If they broke any laws it will be up to the courts later.

link   

Originally posted by anon4m05
Any update on the suspects wearing FBI tac. Vests??

I think that might have been a cross communication.

One was talking about taking suspects if they tried to enter a vehicle

The other was discussing what cars where there and the occupants. I don't think the police knew the FBI was in the area.

I think it just crossed over.

link   

Originally posted by anon4m05
Any update on the suspects wearing FBI tac. Vests??

I think if you give it another 10 minutes, it never will have happened at all.

Seems to be a lot of that with what you hear on the scanner and what they admit to later.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Originally posted by bknapple32
95 Honda oddesy grey is new possible car

This is what I am talking about.

There are people who have no ability to listen to the live scanner feeds, and therefore are not able to find out what is truly going on. This information that's being posted here on this thread is relevant to the thread itself. This has been ongoing for the past 14-15 hours. While reading through the posts you may come across duplicate information, and information that is being communicated on the scanners, however at the same time you are going to come across some of the most detailed and up to the minute information that you WILL NOT see or hear on the MSM sites.

Personally, I feel like it is no big deal! Especially when I think about those people that for WHATEVER reason are unable to listen to the Scanners and want or possibly NEED to know WTH is going on in their town, or maybe just in the country.. What's the big deal???????????????????????

link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

open mic isn't a good thing just going to get feedback and echos
edit on 19-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

I know, its great how they are so quickly on it.
Good work on their end imo.

link   
They just said they need a Tac team *down there*, guy is on the ground, motionless.

link   
I have for some time thought there are more than two suspects, but I also think that every perp in Boston is on edge especially in Watertown. There are bound to be unrelated arrests.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

it's been getting better

link   
In another country and at work, so thanks for all the updates everyone.

Can't help but wonder what else is happening while so much focus is on one place.

link   
Guy down on Hazel and Howe, waiting for a tac team to approach.

link   
They have someone on the ground, requesting tact team!

link   
Did they just say "We have him now, we have him now, he's prone" ...?

link   
They have someone on the ground.. Doesn't sound like the 19 year old.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hakona

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Covertblack

In this context, yes...all about context.

Yes. I am of the "Depends on the Situation/Context" party when it comes to these situations.

Who would/do you trust to make the decision rgd whether the context warrants the use of drones, ...?

edit on 19-4-2013 by hakona because: (no reason given)

Me and only me! No exceptions....and the answer is NO! A big resounding NO!

"I have the target it site" "Affirmative, go ahead and take the shot" "Roger that" "No, wait, there's a school there" "#, sorry to late, missle hot!" "How we gonna explain this?"

...........Yeah I'll pass thanks....Rather take my chances with a crazy 19yr old.

link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I also do not support drones being armed unless it is a military combat situation that could save a pilot's life.
That it is a situation with no real correspondent in real life.

Sorry but this is the truth.

SMR

link   
The Father seems to think his Sons were set up and is pretty much badmouthing Police.
Says the Two were going to come home in a few days ...
Wonder if the Father knew they were going to do this. He did say when he talked to them that they were lucky to not get hurt. The Father seems like a rebel type.

link   
Terrorist cell, 3 supporters or 100 supporters, its all conjecture. The time spent searching with 9,000 Leo`s is incredible and has been full of hyped scanner talk leading to nothing, rockets and tunnels and sightings of explosive vests and dead mans triggers. Something stinks. Whether thats an ulterior motive for doing this the way its being done, or whether its a plan thats backfired and is now damage limitation we will never know, but from letting suspect 2 escape the reaction from legal agencies has been flawed. I evidence that by the fact that suspect 2 has not been found and could be 2 states away already.

respects

link   
Could this be a drill on how to shutdown a city with marshal law and go house to house? I mean they cant find a kid with everything the gov has? Every minute that goes by. The more it smells...

Just sayin..

new topics

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join