It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Quick note to thank everyone tracking this for those of us unable to stream scanners or get to to a television right now. Thank you all very much.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by misfit312
reply to post by Covertblack

Exactly My grandmother was put in a nursing home and I told them she was crazy out of her mind...They home director was "shocked that I said that"(her words) Because she had never met anyone who actually admitted their family member was "crazy"(my word)...And that everyone always just wanted to make excuses for their loved ones

Probably most people have a little more respect for their elderly loved ones than to throw around vulgar and insensitive language like "crazy" about them.

She must have been taken aback by your lack of empathy, I'd guess.

But if it was said as her grandmother poured water over her own head while shouting "I'm drowning", she may have felt the situation deserved an explanation.

link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Friends and family always say they were normal, never suspected a thing. Why? Because if they said he was a raving lunatic who talked about over throwing the government all the time, people would wonder why they did nothing.

Or maybe because he did seem a normal person?

It might be comforting to think that crazy murderers are easily identifiable but many times they're otherwise normal decent person. A scary reality that people ought to confront.

Maybe, but it's become a cliche now after anyone does something extreme.

link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

I would be scared also if I bombed a marathon, killed a officer, shot at multiple other officers and threw IED's and grenades at those officers wounding 15 of them.

Yeah, he's probably innocent.

link   
Well what I read was the fbi got the big break by the victim in the wheelchair...

said when he woke up after wards, he wrote a note saying something like "i saw him, looked right at me", said when the guy dropped the bag, it exploded like 2 minutes later, and gave the description of the guy and the bag. Im assuming thats when the real hunt started

link   

Originally posted by underduck
Quick note to thank everyone tracking this for those of us unable to stream scanners or get to to a television right now. Thank you all very much.

Be grateful you cant get to a television. The most logical question is how did he get away from all those police. I have yet to hear why.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

So it is already proven this guy was one of the bombers? From what I hear I doubt it. They make a big fuss about his twitter but there is nothing written really strange. Maybe he's just hiding somewhere because he's scared??

Sounds like you need to get caught up (no worries, a LOT has happened since yesterday). I'd recommend going on one of the mainstream news sites for a quick summary before trying to follow this thread, as 4 pages get added by the time you finish a post...

link   

Originally posted by shamaniski

Originally posted by underduck

Be grateful you cant get to a television. The most logical question is how did he get away from all those police. I have yet to hear why.

Its been pretty readily explained, multiple times....

link   
What's the deal with the no-fly zone? To conceal police activity, or are they concerned about something else?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, you did say it a lot nicer than I did. I apologize for being a little short.

link   

Originally posted by sweetpeanc
What's the deal with the no-fly zone? To conceal police activity, or are they concerned about something else?

Unless the dude has a pilots license and here is a spare chopper lying around.

link   

They want clear skies for the drones to come through

Its really probably more about being able to get police and blackhawk helos in and out as needed, as well and keeping their tactics covert by restricting the ability of news agencies to get in the sky and film what is going on.

link   
Maybe I missed it, but has anything been said about what they were doing on the MIT campus when they encountered the MIT police officer? Or where they were on the campus?

Just wondering if they were there for a reason other than just passing through en route to somewhere.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Suspect probably long gone by now and nothing of any further interest likely to happen besides the controlled detonation later on. Think I'll go read my book now, it's enough obsessing for me for one day

link   

Friends and family always say they were normal, never suspected a thing. Why? Because if they said he was a raving lunatic who talked about over throwing the government all the time, people would wonder why they did nothing.

Or maybe because he did seem a normal person?

It might be comforting to think that crazy murderers are easily identifiable but many times they're otherwise normal decent person. A scary reality that people ought to confront.

Maybe, but it's become a cliche now after anyone does something extreme.

No doubt, but I think the reality is probably the family doesn't know better. Lets say you are crazy and sick in the head, even still you probably try to keep it on the down low rather than letting your family know you're a loony

link   
reply to post by shamaniski

They were tossing grenades, pipe bombs, and firing on police. 15 police are hospitalized. The kid's brother was killed in the exchange. That is a lot of confusion. He drove over his bro to get away, and seems to have carjacked another after (given the new vehicle searches). He is likely being sheltered by someone obviously.

link   
reply to post by sweetpeanc

I think they said earlier it was so the police helicopters weren't disturbed when they were flying round. Makes sense really.

link   

It is my understanding that the no-fly-zone is limited to 3000-feet and below. perhaps trying to keep news helicopters out of range of explosives/RPG.

link   
reply to post by sweetpeanc

To me it proves they are dealing with a cell, but thats just imo.

link   
I'm sorry if this was already discussed or I just missed something but the how the first brother died doesn't make sense.

In the early morning, I remember seeing a picture posted on this thread with the first brother on the ground. A poster pointed out he could be wearing a bomb due to the straight edges seen through his jacket.

But then a doctor said on CNN that the brother had damage through his entire torso due to some type of explosion damage. I didn't see this damage on the photo, so when did this happen? Something doesn't make sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join