It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

On the run? They were in the same city. Why wouldn't they get out of Dodge and rob somewhere else? This just doesn't seem like the actions of some cool Terrorist. Amateurs certainly spring to mind, but amateurs that managed such a professional job on Monday.

That is exactly what I am saying nothing about this screams that we are looking at trained terrorists.

Now again that could change but right now all the evidence would suggest that these guys are self-radicalised armatures

You keep saying this but have no evidence for it. Where do you get this idea that "trained terrorists" are infallible? Most "trained terrorists" have proved themselves to be stupid and not all that well trained.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I agree, although distances between cities in the UK do not compare when comparing to America, anyone with even half a brain would've known to get the hell out of Boston had they carried out that attack.

This means one of two things.

1) These two had absolutely no help, no training and no advice from any terrorist cell of any worth, if there is such worth to terrorist cells.
2) It wasn't these guys that carried it out.

I have heard of terrorists remaining in the city after carrying out an attack...20+ years ago when tracking movement was nowhere in the same league as what it is today. The vast majority always have an exit strategy, whether that it to flee the country or take their own life. Had they had links to an established foreign base terrorist cell, they would've been out of the country and certainly out of Boston.

If these are indeed the bombers, my opinion, is actually probably along the lines of what many here think. It is that one was heavily involved in the planning and execution of the plan, the other although believed in whatever BS cause this was in the name of, but more than likely got encouraged along. I will be totally shocked if there are any terrorist organisations behind these two. However, I do believe in what others have stated, that the way the city is being locked down is very odd and I normally can see the worth in procedure and protocol in most things.

link   
This was posted by Anon on twitter.

CT state police news release: Boston area authorities' suspect might be driving
1999 Green Honda Civic, Mass. Red 116GC7

link   

Originally posted by Versus
This is the scary part as other members have mentioned...

What if he does have help and more accomplices than we can imagine. Whose to say all these act of violence is going to end with him? Crazy stuff...

That is always the worry that intelligence and law enforcement counter terrorism officials have when it comes to an act of terrorism.

Now yes so far it would appear that they are two men working alones but there is always a chance they are part of a bigger plot.

It is safe to assume that in addition to the massive ground presence the FBI will be conducting investigations into their backgrounds looking for any suspicious contacts, banking transactions, emails, telephone taps and travel history.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

He probably has a better chance staying in the city. If he stole a car the cops would then know what to look for. If he took a bus or train he would eventually be recognized. He's better off hiding in a city of over a million and waiting for the heat to die down.

That said the gas station robbery confuses me. It seems like there's more to this than just these two brothers. So why not go to another cell member for money? The only thing I can think is they were used a distraction so the others can get away. Have there been any updates on the Dartmouth kid?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Fox news just reported people can travel home by taxi can if they need to.
edit on 19-4-2013 by Jennyfrenzy because: Spelling per usual

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I definitely think suspect #2 is the creepier of the two. In the first images the FBI released he was smiling away talking on his cell phone.

link   
BEEP BEEP BEEP..........................................

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE PEOPLE OF BOSTON

If you are dumb enough to be walking around today with a backpack. GO HOME you could get shot !!

BEEP BEEP BEEP.........................................

Repeat transmission
edit on 19-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

link   
Woo hooo

John Kerry to make remarks about this today stay tuned

/end sarcasm

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Yes, I agree. These people obviously wanted to do this and knew what would happen. Expect a long drawn detail of their plans once this over. Kind of like other terrorist attacks.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What was that bit on the scanner feed just now about a member of the Chinese Press with no credentials.
Just got back to my desk so catching up.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

If you are dumb enough to be walking around to day with a backpack. GO HOME you could get shot !!

Repeat transmission

Always, always someone oblivious or stupid. These people used to be killed by natural selection.

link   
suspicious box with wires at starbucks

reply to post by opethPA

that is all that was said
edit on 19-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

link   
WTH!? Became a citizen on 9/11/12.

link   
a couple recent tweeets
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency: People who went to work before Boston area was shut down can go home

Hospital: 15 police officers taken to Boston emergency room for 'injuries sustained in last night's police activity' related to the bombing investigation

Woman in New Jersey identifies Boston Marathon bombing suspects as her brothers; police say she cooperating with authorities - @njdotcom

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
I find it a bit odd they just had a FEMA spokesperson talking to the media on scene. Why FEMA?

Ill bet that the "MEMA" (Massachusettes emergency management assoc.) Is in charge of all ops on the ground since monday co-ordinating all interagency investigations/actions. Perhaps that is what was mentioned? If not perhaps FEMA has stepped in to assume control given the wide range of government agencies involved...it is there job after all.

link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

If you are dumb enough to be walking around to day with a backpack. GO HOME you could get shot !!

Repeat transmission

might become a nation wide psa after this is over.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Yeah they can't really call this one "home grown terrorism".

link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Fix news just reported people can travel home by taxi can if they need to.

Anyone traveling in these areas is an idiot. Tossing grenades and IEDs? No thanks.

Supposedly, controlled explosions soon (near the suspects' apartment).

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

ok thats weird

new topics

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join