It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
Someone wearing a suicide vest? Scanner

here we go.

They are both dead now?

link   

Woke up and missed all this!!!!
Listening to scanner now!

This is crazy. I hope they catch him before he decides to self detonate!
I would hate to wake up there this morning...Too much chaos and confusion!

link   

Originally posted by Seek_Truth
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Boston Scanner Feed

They are now reporting on the scanner that the suspect may be wearing a suicide vest.

This is crazy

Thanks now I have two I'm listening to Cambridge police

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Kevin "in & out" Brennan is now off-duty! You will not be forgotten!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

twitter.com...

Bullet hole through our wall and the chair #mitshooting #mit #boston

Guy has some good pics

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
...right now interview on Fox
with the uncle of the two suspects

live.foxnews.com...#/1155606219001

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
For those listening to lots of different sites for the scanners. Go here scanner.wickedlocal.com...

link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
reply to post by xavi1000

I don't think it would bother some of us if this was so obviously religious based, but as of now nothing suggests that except for a quote in Russian on his Facebook page
edit on 19-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

There are political Islamic videos on his social network page here- m.vk.com...
No translation but i saw the one on Syra. I don't know about religiously based but certainly politically based. So sad.

link   
Photo essay on the older brother?

Will Box For Passport

Same as the suspect that is dead? Captions are interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
trigger found on body of individual in custody

That refers to the suicide vest he was wearing that he triggered after being shot by the police, prior to being taken into custody. The police are being reminded of this, and that the current suspect may also have one, so be careful approaching him in the event he detonates it with cops or civilians around.

As for the lockdown. If this wasn't called into play, imagine how much more difficult it would be to find this guy with thousands of people, cars, etc... traveling in and out of th city? He could easily get on a bu loaded with commuters, or the subway (The "T"), or a train. Then, blow that up with all those people..

Its not about being a hero or frightened witless here. Its about not giving this bastard more lives to take.

THINK!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
I thought every one was told to stay inside ?
Who would let their kids out with this going on ?
The mind boggles

Hi Cody, think of the Mums who get up, don't turn on the radio, get the kids ready for school and send them off. It is morning there. There very well could be a lot of people waking up and completely unaware of what is going on. I grant there should not be many but who knows.

P

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
That was the fourth time I have heard the Police checking on their own arriving units or talking about being cautious not to engage each other. It may be that the suspects have police IDs.

This also ties in with the fact that Uniformed Police Officers will be used in the house to house search.

P

I brought something like this up earlier.

I remember they had found 3 officers earlier... I thought 2 dead and one injured. It was a couple hours ago. I questioned that he may have a uniform similar as the officers, as someone came on the radio and ensured everyone knew to take off their reflective jackets and put on their normal ones. He may have taken one from the injured/dead officers.

Going to go back and see if I can find that post, as I don't recall hearing officially that more officers had died.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mysticalsea

Yeah their motivations could absolutely very well be religious or politically based but I hate to speculate solely because they are Chechnyan, or Russian, or lived in Turkey at one time, etc etc.

I think we will find out what their motivations were even if the 2nd suspects killed

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
so if i am understanding this right...the whole city of boston is now in lockdown ???

if so...what size is the area we are talking about.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Kevin "in & out" Brennan is now off-duty! You will not be forgotten!

I remember that guy. Done his shift eh

link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

I assumed taking the jackets off is so they make less visible targets but you could be right. A few minutes ago they were checking on a tenth car that "didn't come in with the rest." It didn't get resolved over the air.

P

link   
hazmat tec team?

link   
Two people have shut down one of the busiest cities in the country. I am curious to see what new laws will come of this, how much more Americans will now pay to feel safe. The mind boggles at what is being reported, how these two had routes lines with explosives, had them on their person, and have basically eluded everything that has been thrown at them. Well, one of them still anyway. Their training and planning is..well, almost unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They are chasing a man with a black hoodie on Quincy Street in Watertown (live scanner)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 1984sucked

Seriously? Give your head a shake. There's a killer running around , has thrown bombs, has guns, has no respect for life. You want to go out and wander the streets? Go for it. People shouldn't have to be told to stay in. But common sense is fading in our society. Run to McDonalds for breakfast before 11.

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join