It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Press conference now just ended, no new updates

Live Coverage

link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

Originally posted by Covertblack
People ripping on the cops. One dead, another injured, classy.

Lighten up Francis. I've been here since hour 1, posting the feeds for those that could not hear them. SO, I'm a little goofy now. It happens when you've been awake for over 28 hours straight now.

Not quite sure what that has to do about it. Surely if I was up 28 hours I wouldn't been cutting down the victims of the boston bombing. Francis.

link   

Originally posted by Ayana
reply to post by elouina

I'd imagine the goodbyes were just changing shifts, these poor people have been out for a long time.

The X-Ray's could be something to do with scanning objects. Maybe instead of blowing everything up. Or, as pointed out, it could be some form of code-word.

As long as the last suspect wasn't kept alive for a reason. Maybe he needs to get somewhere to finnish the job.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by 1984sucked
since when are people told to shelter in place for a 1 person manhunt!? Come on people!!

When that person is responsible for the deaths of at least 5 and injuring more than 100, is armed, with guns and explosives, and seems to have some form of military training... yeah, I would say that's reason enough to put a place in lock down!

And they also do this at every school shooting in America, when they know that it's one lone kid with an assault rifle, so stop trying to alter facts to suit your fantasy.

I would add that with 9000+ stressed out, tired, trigger happy LEO's and troops running around it would be best to stay inside and lock down as much as possible!

lol

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
ALL of Boston. Shelter in place. Uniformed officers will go door to door.

Again, unprecedented.

edit on 4/19/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Well they have for sure detonated a pipebomb and the guy did throw a bomb at the police
edit on 19-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

Pipe bomb? So if these are definately the same people who did the marathon bombing, they used different types of explosives. Or pipe bomb as in generally, including the gas-cooking ones (forgot what they were called)?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

they just said they detonated a pipebomb (is way back in the thread) could be another pressure cooker bomb

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Looks like he got away. Ah well, ADHD kicking in, what else is going on?

link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Here is a recap on all the events, so as to stop the confusion:

1. MIT police officer shot dead
2. Police respond to MIT shooting, suspects still at large
3. Unconfirmed reports of explosion at MIT, by ATS member on skype with friend at scene. !!!unconfirmed!!!
4. Male carjacked at gunpoint in black mercedes, by two, "short" middle eastern men, who held him hostage for half hour, whilst driving around
5. Middle Eastern Males talked about going to New York City, before they released the carjacking victim, who rang police
6. Car spotted at a Gas Station, where suspects sped off at speed
7. Police pursuit of vehicle
8. Suspects fire and throw "explosives" at police from Mercedes
9. Something happens (unclear) and suspects ditch Mercedes and make off in State Police SUV
10. Officer heard screaming on scanner that suspects were throwing explosives at him (lots of gunfire heard in background)
11. Suspects leave SUV and gain control over a black Camaro somehow (unclear as to how)
12. Suspects leave Camaro in Watertown on foot
13. One suspect shot and transported to MG hospital
14. 2nd suspect evades police
15. Police locate him, but are called off by OC, due to explosive packages strew in different places "Retreat retreat" was heard over the scanner
16. Police corner a suspect (white male shown on news pictures), and make him lie on the ground and strip
17. White male was just caught in the whole situation and is freed
18. 2nd Suspect still remains at large.
19. A 20 block area perimeter cordoned off in Watertown in attempt to apprehend the suspect
20. Multiple devices discovered spread across Boston. BPD Bomb squad performed controlled detonations
21. Media reports the two men are Chechen brothers, here for at least a year, possibly with some military training.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
ALL of Boston. Uniformed officers will go door to door.

Again, unprecedented.

They have probably good intel on the suspect 2 now , he is probably highly trained and very dangerous , this is not a joke , this is not a some crazy teen ,

link   

Originally posted by salainen

Originally posted by aivlas
Well they have for sure detonated a pipebomb and the guy did throw a bomb at the police

Pipe bomb? So if these are definately the same people who did the marathon bombing, they used different types of explosives. Or pipe bomb as in generally, including the gas-cooking ones (forgot what they were called)?

During the car chase from Cambridge to Watertown, they were throwing grenades, and IEDs (loosely called pipe bombs) at the police, while firing many rounds at them.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Im back staying on topic this time.

I heard something in the press conference that made me abit iffy.

When the Gov was talking about Boston being on lockdown he was saying they have additional intel.
Any ideas on what he is hinting at??

Ive been worried since the start that this was a distraction or part of a bigger plot, which could be the intel he was talking about.

link   
So I think I heard them say something about three letter agencies and all units to go to water something, have they handed over?

link   

Again, unprecedented.

IMO This looks way more than a hunt for a fugitive, no matter how well armed and dangerous he is.....9000 looking for one man, ?...they are looking for something else as well. I hope I am so wrong.

respects

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
In police code, x-ray means Burglary.

www.policecodes.net...

link   
I'm wondering if there are more suspects and they aren't making it public.

link   

Again, unprecedented.

Yes, again maybe collectively we are just freaked out, and out of abundance of caution people 1+ million people are being told to stay indoors, and shutter their windows. No food if you are hungry, no work if you have a deadline, no getting anywhere if you have to get out.

This is insane.

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I think they're scared that they're gonna lose him. They've been looking a long time now. If he was clever, he could be hidden pretty well in the area they're at. I remember when we were looking for Raoul Moat... He was hiding in a pipe somewhere under where the police were for about a week.

How long would it take for him to get out of Boston? I know they're looking for him pretty intensely, but if he got into the sewer system or something?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
reply to post by Kali74

Im back staying on topic this time.

I heard something in the press conference that made me abit iffy.

When the Gov was talking about Boston being on lockdown he was saying they have additional intel.
Any ideas on what he is hinting at??

Ive been worried since the start that this was a distraction or part of a bigger plot, which could be the intel he was talking about.

I agree, something else is going on for sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Looking for one man, who has killed at least 4 people and injured over 100, is armed with firearms and bombs, and is on the run in a suburban, highly populated area. The more cops out there looking the merrier if you ask me.

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join