It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ok I was hearing some really strange comments on the scanner. I don't want to say what I think it is... Anyone else hear them?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Waking up everyday this week has gotten weirder and weirder

Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if it takes a while longer before he is caught. To go through all of this, and his partner shot down, you never know. That could've been the fire lighting up under his behind to finish what they started. If they were throwing IEDs out the window, how many more can they have? Where is their hideout? What if they had a second hideout?

Listening to the scanner now, I hear them mention the K-9's......Am I going crazy? Didnt they HAVE bomb sniffing dogs that FAILED MISERABLY??? Now what good is that NOW when it was no good at the finish line???

Coffee is just not doing it right now

link   
If Bush were still in office, the papers to invade Russia would have been on his desk yesterday.

link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by flowerpoweruk
I'm trying to figure out what would motivate the Chechnyans to blow up America?

It is strange, and not really making much sense at this point.
It could just be that they've been radicalised into doing this by a larger group who want to be in competition with others on an international stage. There are a lot of crazies out there.

It not strange , Russia have fight with this terorists with years

I know that, I remember the school attack and the theatre too. But this has never involved the USA. There is no clear reason why Chechen terrorists would travel to the USA to carry out an attack against US citizens. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

If it's a religiously based group then I can kind of understand a motive, but without that it really doesn't make any sense for two young radicalised Chechen guys to travel all the way to the US on scholarships to attack a nation that has never attacked them. Why not just attack Russia? - Closer, cheaper, quicker, and actually hits a relevant target too.

It's religiously based group afcourse, suspect 2 according to his social website loves Islam

m.vk.com...
Watch the videos on what seems to be his social networking site.

link   
Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Here is a recap on all the events, so as to stop the confusion:

1. MIT police officer shot dead
2. Police respond to MIT shooting, suspects still at large
3. Unconfirmed reports of explosion at MIT, by ATS member on skype with friend at scene. !!!unconfirmed!!!
4. Male carjacked at gunpoint in black mercedes, by two, "short" middle eastern men, who held him hostage for half hour, whilst driving around
5. Middle Eastern Males talked about going to New York City, before they released the carjacking victim, who rang police
6. Car spotted at a Gas Station, where suspects sped off at speed
7. Police pursuit of vehicle
8. Suspects fire and throw "explosives" at police from Mercedes
9. Something happens (unclear) and suspects ditch Mercedes and make off in State Police SUV
10. Officer heard screaming on scanner that suspects were throwing explosives at him (lots of gunfire heard in background)
11. Suspects leave SUV and gain control over a black Camaro somehow (unclear as to how)
12. Suspects leave Camaro in Watertown on foot
13. One suspect shot and transported to MG hospital
14. 2nd suspect evades police
15. Police locate him, but are called off by OC, due to explosive packages strew in different places "Retreat retreat" was heard over the scanner
16. Police corner a suspect (white male shown on news pictures), and make him lie on the ground and strip
17. White male was just caught in the whole situation and is freed
18. 2nd Suspect still remains at large.
19. A 20 block area perimeter cordoned off in Watertown in attempt to apprehend the suspect
20. Multiple devices discovered spread across Boston. BPD Bomb squad performed controlled detonations
21. Media reports the two men are Chechen brothers, here for at least a year, possibly with some military training.

link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Lock you doors!
And ask for police ID if someone comes knocking.

link   
reply to post by elouina

I think I just heard they need a whole building down?

link   

I asked in another thread whether it was possible that there were smaller nukes, big enough to be put in backpacks. Now there is this... and it makes me wonder whether I could have been considering something closer to the truth than I knew...
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Please, careful with the speculation!

The Police have been blowing up anything that even looks suspicious, they almost blew up a bag of clothes. This is a sensible way of dealing with suspicious packages. If they suspected Nukes, I can assure you that they would not be blowing them up willy nilly, they would instead be calling for Military NBC Teams.

P

ETA NBC = Nuclear, Biological, Chemical
edit on 19/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

They are sweeping areas have been for hours.

that message was something like

"need two swat to building on ...."

edit on 19-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

No, it was hurting my ears. What was said?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
reply to post by xavi1000

It says Religion: Islam

Not "Death to America praise Allah!"

Yeah sure , and what is this ? peaceful islam terorist?

Have you ever met a real Muslim?
You seem to be another one of those people who conveniently ignores the millions of peaceful and moderate Muslims living all around the world and chooses to call them all terrorists.

Fact - the vast majority of Muslim's are peaceful, moderate, sensible, kind people. There are extremists who take their man-written book a little too literally and allow those who rewrote it to control them and commit violence.
It's no different to Christians picking and choosing what parts of their Bible they will use to attack others. They might not use the same tactics of violence, but the same principal of "selective belief and translation" applies to all religious groups who read a man-written book and claim it to be the truth.

Who is talking about normal muslim , i said radical muslim extremist terorist from Chechnya, and not only form Chechnya , there is Dagestan ,and many more russians regions and republics, when you dont know the subject , dont argue, i have studied this ...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Lock you doors!
And ask for police ID if someone comes knocking.

Someone on the run with bombs and guns wont be knocking on any doors.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Ok I was hearing some really strange comments on the scanner. I don't want to say what I think it is... Anyone else hear them?

Can you not share? Some of us are listening with one ear while trying to do other things

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by elouina

That was likely encrypted communications. Secret stuff they don't want us to hear. Like, sending out for an order of donuts and coffee.

link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by elouina

Well first I heard what I thought were sad goodbyes. Then coded comments about we have Xrays. I could have heard wrong.

link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

Originally posted by elouina

Can you not share? Some of us are listening with one ear while trying to do other things

Agreed on this. Really curious as to whatever you heard, even if falsely, just state what you think you heard, and say that your not sure about it.

I turned off my feed of the scanner a while ago, as I have more important things to do, still checking in on the thread though.

link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Cool story, bro

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Dunkin doughnuts is the only place allowed to be open and operating.

link   

I'm in West Roxbury not far from the Watertown/Newton area... little bit terrifying.

link   
Why should US attack an area simply because two people from that area decided to attack USA??? You can not blame a country for the deeds of its people. Every country has some crazy ones. If Breivik did something in USA instead, should USA attack Norway? Because of one crazy person? A government is able to control every single person who is reciding outside the country.

Russia has historically oppressed many nations. Although I know a lot of russians, who are nothing like that. Government may have done certain things historically, that doesn´t mean people can be blamed for it. Same goes for opposite. You can not judge nation by the actions of a few.

I don´t believe these people behind the bombings are behind some secret organisation. It is highly likely they simply had extremist views and acted independently.Another war should definetely not be started. Nobody needs it right now
edit on 19-4-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join