It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now it's time for Michael Moores Response! (Update)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Mr Moore seems to have a better record for honesty than the man many of the Moore-haters keep backing up (and voting for).
I know you will all disagree with me, but in my opinion, Moore is one of the few speaking up in a way the mainstream can actually hear (and have a reaction to!). Ok so it didn't work. He still gets an A for effort.
He makes money off of movies. HE IS A FILM MAKER! At least he is putting something decent out there to wake people up while he is at it.
He makes documentaries... There are plenty of corrupt scandalous topics, without the help of Mr. Bush. Moore will be fine without bushie...

Many will call his naming of the soldiers killed for a war NOT on terrorism, "exploitation." I call it trying to make a point. I wish more people would get the point.

Yeah, go ahead, hate me. But the guy's ok with me.

Oh who am i kiddin? I am always a Bill Maher gal at heart.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

First off, you a citizen of the U.S.? Cause if you are, might want to change your 'location' on your profile?
Secondly, you eligiable to vote? Did you vote?
Thirdly, whats with the word play of "legitimacy"?

If you are reffering to my 'your' to 'our' mistake, that was a typo. And, granted i am not, what does that have anything to do with my remarks? If I am not eligiable to vote, does that suddenly make my opinion less valid ? If i am not a citizen of the U.S. does that make my opinion any less valid ?

We all know how ligitimate the war was, and how illigitimate our president and his spurious adminstration has been in touting information regarding the happenings in Iraq; which, for the record, is in utter anarchy untill the "puppet" government takes over and then subsequently shutdown Al Jazeera for "inticing and breeding" terrorism. I think plenty of threads on this forum can full us in.

Now, i will be spending the next couple of days with my freinds and family for my 22 birthday with some good old "canadian" rye...

Did not the Senate and Congress approve the war against Iraq?
Did not the Senate and Congress approve the Patriot Act?
If they did, guess what? Seems pretty legit to me, despite yours and others disapproval?

I think the above falls in the following category of fallacies:

Petitio principii: This fallacy occurs when the premises are at least as questionable as the conclusion reached. Typically the premises of the argument implicitly assume the result which the argument purports to prove, in a disguised form. For example:

"The Bible is the word of God. The word of God cannot be doubted, and the Bible states that the Bible is true. Therefore the Bible must be true.

Seekerof: If majority of America (Christians) voted against homosexuality using thier religious convictions even well knowing that America is a "secular" and pluralist society, does that make it right ?

The 'Patriot Act', as you, I, and other members know, is deleterious to what America stands for and an utter atrophy to "freedom and liberty" in 'your' country.

The Senate and Congress 'believed' the unchided words of the current administration; the same Senate and Congress who passed the Patriot Act....

American deMOCKracy has become nothing but a game of "sophistry" among the oligarchs.

This did not only pertain to the 2000 elections, but many before and many to come there after.

Deep

[edit on 6-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

What's this "we" and "our" stuff? You're a Canadian, not a U.S. citizen. And your complaints about our democratic system are funny. Let me know when you get to choose your Head of State, and when Quebec signs the 1982 constitution...

Enough with the red herring; that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, you're just attacking my character and my position in society. If you're not going to provide something productive or thoughtfull to the thread, why did you reply ?

We're beyond childish semantics on this site..

Deep

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
How in the world can folks hate Michael Moore so bad, then sit there and watch the sweat drip off Rush Limbaugh's jowls as he spouts his pain killer inspired hate mongering? No serious rebuttal to Moore's work has been offered except to say he is a fat liar. Sad. Moore has cajones, he actually gets up and makes an effort to fight for something, wether or not you agree with his statement, when was the last time you got off your arse and fought for something? Remember Ficus? Ficus won a congressional seat... LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
twitchy,

Amen. People, as illustrated by a member in this thread, revert to "ad hominem" remarks against his character and his health -- when does this have anything to do with his plight to America to awaken it's eyes ?

Deep

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
How the world hate Michael Moore so bad? No serious Moore work has been offered he is a fat liar. Sad. Moore has cajones, he actually gets up off your arse and won a seat... LOL

Oh, sorry, did I just Michael Moore your post. Oops.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Is that anything like Fair and Balanced?. Dispute any single fact Moore presented in his documentary and I would be willing to debate you, but if the only rebuttal you can offer is he is biased, then my only reply can be, WELL DUH. Name a media source that isn't... You may not like the man, but you need to learn to respect folks that get up off that arse and actually do something, they are becomming a rare breed in a nation of arm chair warriors.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hobby
I'm from Canada and I was very happy to wake up to Bush as the winner.
Michael Moore is a jerk I will "never" watch his garbage. I too are glad that people didn't believe that movie.

what about 'canadian bacon'? it's got john candy and steven wright.
i, too, are glad you, too, is glad. i don't think you're awake, though.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Michael Moore is honest? Come on. He's been proven to be a liar and a propagandist many times. Yes, Bush lies and he's the President, so it makes it worse. How many Presidents haven't lied? Kennedy used the Gulf of Tonkin incident to go into Vietnam, FDR practically orchestrated the attack on Pearl Harbor. The first Bush told Saddam if he invaded Kuwait we'd leave him alone, than employed a PR company to fabricate a story about babies and incubators. That's a pretty good smattering of Republican and Democratic Presidents I just villified.

People need to stop buying into lies and propaganda that suit their purposes. Michael Moore has profited on this election and the war in Iraq just as much as Halliburton and the Bush "cabal". I saw on C-Span he's now worth upwards of 50 million dollars. He should give some of that to the poor folk he does his documentaries about.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Propoganda yes, but lies? Name one.
When's your next documentary comming out?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
Michael Moore is honest? Come on. He's been proven to be a liar and a propagandist many times. Yes, Bush lies and he's the President, so it makes it worse. How many Presidents haven't lied? Kennedy used the Gulf of Tonkin incident to go into Vietnam, FDR practically orchestrated the attack on Pearl Harbor. The first Bush told Saddam if he invaded Kuwait we'd leave him alone, than employed a PR company to fabricate a story about babies and incubators. That's a pretty good smattering of Republican and Democratic Presidents I just villified.

People need to stop buying into lies and propaganda that suit their purposes. Michael Moore has profited on this election and the war in Iraq just as much as Halliburton and the Bush "cabal". I saw on C-Span he's now worth upwards of 50 million dollars. He should give some of that to the poor folk he does his documentaries about.

There is one hell of a separation between how Haliburton profits and Moore profits. It's like comparing apples to scrotums.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by farhyde]

[edit on 6-11-2004 by farhyde]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
quote from moore:

1. It is against the law for George W. Bush to run for president again.

it's only time before he declares himself emperor.
dfh out.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by deaf fences hit]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join