It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Yeah I'd have to agree it's more likely the system evolves by itself as it gets more complex over time and the only coding provided was the initial set of equations. Would be much easier to do this way and I wonder if we could do something similar today?

So if I stop thinking do I stop existing?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn

Yeah I'd have to agree it's more likely the system evolves by itself as it gets more complex over time and the only coding provided was the initial set of equations. Would be much easier to do this way and I wonder if we could do something similar today?

So if I stop thinking do I stop existing?

I think they can do something similar today but lack the computing power to render down to the level required... Though this may not be long with quantum computing on the rise.

If you do stop thinking it means you no longer exist. Even in a coma people think... Only when you enter a state of death does one truly stop thinking. Death is just like it was before you were born... Nothingness.

Korg.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Korg Trinity because: Spelling geash...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

Hadn't considered that, but you are right. People behave just like a virus, as noted by Mr. Smith in the Matrix.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

If you do stop thinking it means you no longer exist. Even in a coma people think... Only when you enter a state of death does one truly stop thinking. Death is just like it was before you were born... Nothingness.

Korg.

Well being a firm believer in the afterlife I don't believe you cease to exist. Also being someone who practices meditation daily and wakeful mindfulness I disagree that thinking is required to keep you alive, presence or awareness perhaps but thinking no. But hey, that's just me.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Thinking is always going on in the subconscious mind. Even if you are "silent" in the mind images will keep appearing and that is the NATURAL way to live...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Eonnn

Thinking is always going on in the subconscious mind. Even if you are "silent" in the mind images will keep appearing and that is the NATURAL way to live...
Ummm...it is perfectly possible to quell even those subconscious thoughts...and further to access your autonomic control processes as well, although I dont recomend that anyone do that.....If you attempt true void meditation you are not practicing..."thinking about not thinking"...rather you are practicing "not thinking".

YouSir

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join