It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas explosion - fire dispatch recording: "A bomb just went off inside here"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I searched, didn't see anything:

Live Leak: Texas explosion scanner

Under the circumstances I could entirely see calling the explosion a "bomb", it essentially was. However, he did say the word several times. Just posting what I found, take it for what you will.

On a side note, just like we've seen over and over: the dispatcher here is incredibly professional. She always called it an "explosion" and handled it as well as anyone could have.
edit on 18-4-2013 by badfish420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I guess that firefighter forgot to say explosion in the drill notes. My prayers go out to the firefighters that were injured during this heinous drill.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

What drill? There was a fire at a fertilizer plant. Various chemicals produced, and used to make products are at the plant. Sulfur, Ammonium Nitrate, potassium , Ferous Sulphate, Iron Oxide, etc etc.

All of these components can be extremely volatile. Ammonium Nitrate, and the sulfur being high on my list of culprits in the explosion. Fire and an extreme oxidizer like Ammonium Nitrate, just do not mix. Sulfur as well is a flammable substance that doesn't mix well with fire.

Ammonium Nitrate is the primary component to ANFO, which is an Anagram for Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil.

This Common commercial explosive is basically AN and Diesel. It's used in mining and other commercial blasting applications. It was also used in the Oklahoma city bombings.

Does this make more sense to you? A.N. Plus a fuel; oil, sulfur, gas, or even organic matter in dust format = Tremendous explosion.

I did not hear of any drill taking place at this plant. I had heard there was a fire, that was previously dealt with but had rekindled leading to the event that took place.

Sorry, not buying this was a set up. Tragic accident, yes.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The call sounds, to me, like he's reporting the start of the initial fire, before the big explosion. He says (iirc), "it's like a bomb WENT off IN here". So, how could anyone be "inside" the facility after the big explosion?

So, now I wonder if there was an incendiary "bomb" which set off the initial fire...knowing full well what the end result would be. The caller did also first say, "there's a fire here (like a bomb went off...)".

edit on 18-4-2013 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

Have you ever used this saying to describe something effed up?

For instance, walk into your kids room. " My god, it's like a bomb went off in here."

Cleaning out the in laws garage, " Holy crap, what have you guys been doing. It looks like a bomb went off in here."

Saying " It looks like a bomb went off in here." Isn't always literal, if you walked into a place that was devastated what would you say trying to describe the horrendous?

There were individuals saying the explosion was like a nuclear blast? Do you take this as a nuclear bomb went off there?

I personally wouldn't compare this blast to that of a nuclear explosion, but what ever floats your boat.

It's a freaking disaster, any which way you put it.

A fire around that many volatile chemicals is bad news. This is a known risk at plants carrying large quantities of volatile substances. Again, there are any number of chemicals at a Fertilizer plant that are not safe when stored together, they aren't even safe once they are mixed, but they are "stable." Exposing them to an active fire how ever is a completely different subject. Phosphorous=flammable, Sulfur=flammable, Ammonium Nitrate= Flammable oxidizer/explosive when mixed with a fuel source, Iron oxide = potential oxidizer, Potassium Nitrate = Oxidizer, when combined with fuel potentially flammable/explosive. Not to mention organic dust, Corn gluten which is flammable and a potential fuel source for the oxidizers...

Are you getting where I'm going with this? These are the chemicals I know of off the cuff, I could look up the list of potentially hundreds that could have been at this plant.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
so potentially, there could have been a small bomb, which started the fire, and the perpetrator was well aware that it would lead to a mahoosive explosion which would wipe out any evidence of the fire being started by a bomb.... or it could just have been an accident, which started a fire.

but this is a conspiracy website so we're always looking for the 'other' side of things, like an inverse Occams razor. The most convoluted explanation you can think of, is least likely to have happened, but most likely to appear on ATS and get the most stars and flags.

it was aliens what did it.
or swamp gas.
pics or it didn't happen... oh wait there are pics, and video - so it did happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CrastneyJPR

There is evidence of a bomb after a nuclear blast. If there was a bomb there, they will find evidence of it in the coming days.

How ever, there was no bomb.

top topics

join