It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me understand why you support Bush...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by magestica
I personally don't think you are really sincere in your effort to discover why people supported Bush this time around at all

Actually I am... and I've got a handle on something that seems to be developing nicely. But I need a large sample before conclusions are clear.

History is our guide I think.... smells like 1940's all over again to me.

If you smell another world war then I cannot fathom how that can be something described as developing nicely.

If you draw some concrete conclusion prior to this happening, then are you also drawing up a solution to possibly prevent such a thing from occurring?

*btw, I am sincere in my questioning*

[edit on 11/3/04 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ok, I'll explain further.

Its all mind controll

All bush has to do is while he's talking throw out a word like "value", "belief", "liberty", "faith"

If he wants to make christians like him, all he has to do is SAY he's for what they want. He doesn't have to do it, he just has to say he's for it.

or say some catchy phrase like "You know where I stand" and "I stand where I believe in"

The funniest messup that bush said was "you may not agree with me, but you know where I stand"

If funny because if he worded it as "you know where I stand, and you may not agree with me" It would have the opposite effect on people.

The different words and word usage triggers the areas of the brain and the republicans are just SO MUCH BETTER at the word game.

Heres how they do it

They got alot of people in a room, sitting on a chair with a panel on the ground. As the person talks, they hit the panels with their feet whenever they start to like the guy talking.

The person just has to say "values" and the hamsters will go "ohh yeah, values. I LIKE VALUES." Slam Slam Slam

Then when talking about his opponent, just say things like "weak" and "liberal"

Its all mind controll, and with word usage bush has created a view of himself and put that view into peoples heads. A view full of nice warm feelings. Who wouldn't vote for that?

[edit on 3-11-2004 by aukaiman55]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
These conservatives are fanatics... they always try to make America look like the "victim"

We created this entire terrorism problem by meddling around in the middle east.. what do you expect the people in the middle east to do? stand around and accept it? No way!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I would say that most people voted for Bush because of Jesus Christ or because they were concerned with portions of their rights.

They are wrong on both counts, but honestly the Bush campaign was as brilliant as the Dems campaign to make an extreme liberal into a moderate.

Crazy, with a "C".

If voting for Bush because of Christian Values, then you have been lied to. What is obvious is the corporate ties to Bush, even if talking about only his bids and campaigns for president (meaning leaving daddy and pre-politics out, although that cuts away a lot).

The corporations are influencing heavy choices made by the two Houses. These are controled by the Rep and Dem, so they are equally as guilty (unbeknownst to Americans who do not look behind the curtain, meaning almost all of them).

In order to run or even be nominated, you have to have ties and "party loyalty" which means they are your daddy and you must advocate their agenda (NOTE: - notice how all the Rep or Dem reps from top to bottom had the same phrases to say about everything, and they worked hard to work them into the "debate" or interview) .

This means they are not inline with God's words OR the Christian agenda (although side victories can be won). They want to increase money and power because it is RUN like a company.

As for the limited rights, well you have had those taken from you, and sometimes at YOUR consent, so you must not have wanted them so badly as to be willing to fight for them (unless they include ones you pay attention to, like "guns"). Sure, guns are good in America, and I want to keep mine, but I do NOT want to give away my money or personal choice to a Federal Government in a group of States. These States are SUPPOSED to have the power.

In that case, the Federal Government is the overseer, like the Supreme Court. But much like the Judicial System, the more local it gets, the more it handels.

The IRS is against your agenda, Federal Schooling is against your agenda, Fiat money and the Federal Reserve are against your agenda.

The Republican Party is NOT for limited government or free enterprise anymore!!!!

A recent example is the creation of the Dept. of Homeland Security (that Homeland stuff sounds familiar, no to mention how they talk about it).

You've been suckered folks. From the Dems to the Reps.

WAKE UP!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i think majority of americans voted for bush because they are just like him.
Deep down most americans like Bush, what he stands for and what he's doing,
they would love to see America take over the world, and they think they are superior to other peoples in some way.....lives of iraqis mean nothing to them.
Bush is a perfect example of the average american, truth be told, most americans aren't smarter than bush. America is the most hypocritical nation ever, the constant mention of the word, "God", by americans and American presidents makes me cringe, this nation under God, best country in the world is one of the most politically corrupt, sexually perverted places on earth today...lol. Its annoying when Americans act as if this is not the case and their country wasn't founded by crooks from Europe. Of course the most ignorant,hypocritical bunch of people on this earth would vote for someone of the caliber, background, intelligence level of George W. Bush. Ijust wish most americans were as smart as
some of the members here on ATS. No, i don't hate America... just hypocrites.
Hope none of my aunts in America die due to any "terrorist attack", because
i would have to snipe Bush and his cronies... and why would christians vote for Bush, would Jesus vote for Bush? u Christians think Bush has God's blessing? ...wake up.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
Of course the most ignorant,hypocritical bunch of people on this earth would vote for someone of the caliber, background, intelligence level of George W. Bush. Ijust wish most americans were as smart as some of the members here on ATS. No, i don't hate America... just hypocrites.

If you are curious as to why most Americans don't agree with you, I would say that your post explains things clearly enough.

If you can't figure that out, then you're probably not as smart as you seem to think you are.

As an American, I find the advice of those who call me the kinds of things you have called me to be unworthy of any form of consideration.

Only an ignorant hypocrite would take such advice, and I am already quite awake, thanks.

[edit on 11/4/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Let's cut to the chase. When does the comparion between America and Germany come in?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

as mentioned by Elijio
Hope none of my aunts in America die due to any "terrorist attack", because
i would have to snipe Bush and his cronies... and why would christians vote for Bush, would Jesus vote for Bush? u Christians think Bush has God's blessing? ...wake up.

Reverse your questioning and replace Bush with Kerry, k?
Your response(s) would be likewise as you have just said concerning Bush?
And 'wake-up' translate to what? Are you insinuating or asserting that 59 +/-million people are deluded, dumb, stupid, ignorant, etc.?

seekerof

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
These conservatives are fanatics... they always try to make America look like the "victim"

We created this entire terrorism problem by meddling around in the middle east.. what do you expect the people in the middle east to do? stand around and accept it? No way!

Maybe you're asking the wrong guy, but I didn't hear a lot about how we created it out on the Dem. campaign path either.

You've got to admit, the Dems are just as guilty of all the little nastiness we've done, hell, for our entire history.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Let's cut to the chase. When does the comparion between America and Germany come in?

That would be about the time I stop following the thread, give or take a few posts.

As it is, I'm beginning to wonder if I was wise to come out of the closet as:

a) An American

b) A Bush voter

Oh well, live and learn.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
And 'wake-up' translate to what? Are you insinuating or asserting that 59 +/-million people are deluded, dumb, stupid, ignorant, etc.?

seekerof

That 59+/- million number is really within the margin of error. Even adding in the Dem voters, it's still inline. I would judge that 15% of America would be of great intellegence. Another 10% of very good intellegence.

Anything below 60% could fit in their nicely.

But let me ask you, do you think a good portion of the voters who voted for Bush or Kerry are blind, ignorant, or uninformed?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Blindness, ignorance, stupidity are subjective, are they not?

Since day ONE on this board have been a proponent FOR Bush.
As such, my backing him is self-explanitory and my past postings would reflect exactly thus.

Are there those who voted for mis-guided reasons that may or may not fall into the categories of 'blind, deaf, dumb, and stupid'? Perhaps....but this could also be said for those that may have voted for Mr. Kerry, would and could it not?

So in the debate to find out the reasoning behind why people voted for Bush, I see NO sense, at all, in insinuations that make those that DID vote for Bush seem trivialized and notioned as incompetent with the above categories attached to the incompetence.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof So in the debate to find out the reasoning behind why people voted for Bush,
That's not the question, and I think we're getting confused here. There is a significant group that throws their fervent support to Bush... this goes well beyond simply choosing him above the other choices. I might have voted for Kerry, but not supported him (because I didn't want the alternatives). I want to attempt to understand the "cult of Bush".

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Blindness, ignorance, stupidity are subjective, are they not?

Since day ONE on this board have been a proponent FOR Bush.
As such, my backing him is self-explanitory and my past postings would reflect exactly thus.

Are there those who voted for mis-guided reasons that may or may not fall into the categories of 'blind, deaf, dumb, and stupid'? Perhaps....but this could also be said for those that may have voted for Mr. Kerry, would and could it not?

So in the debate to find out the reasoning behind why people voted for Bush, I see NO sense, at all, in insinuations that make those that DID vote for Bush seem trivialized and notioned as incompetent with the above categories attached to the incompetence.

seekerof

This is my point on either side. It's stupid to make these statements about anything. Things are much to complicated, to sum up in one line banners.

So, yes, I do agree with you, although I still think this is really an issue with America that has been projected about the opposition through politics and the "battle" that ensues, which I believe to be on the serious upswing.

When I comes down to it, there is a problem with America, rather than the only the opposition. The problem is the Federal Government, neither party really wants to fix, so it remains the same or worse either way.

This sort of thing has really taken people's eye off the ball, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I want to attempt to understand the "cult of Bush".

I voted for him, but I don't worship the guy.

I think I know what you're talking about now, and no, I don't go in for personality cults. Thus I doubt I can help understand it.

However, in the "Bushies", I see the exact same dynamics that can be found in other personality cults such as the Clintonites, Reaganites, Carterites (they exist!), Nixonites, Johnsonites, Kennedyites, InsertPresidentsNameHereites, Stalinites, Leninites, Trotskyites, etc. etc.

It goes beyond agreement in principle and common purpose, and becomes a sort of messianic relationship, with the leader being the savior, and his followers the loyal flock.

In that context, comparisons with certain personality cults extant in Europe during the early twentieth century don't seem quite so outrageous. While the details differ, the pattern is the same.

[edit on 11/3/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Jso,

Your late the comparison already happened although it was somewhat veiled.

������For example, my parents live in Florida and have come to believe that if Kerry were elected, gays will begin marrying immediately and the Bible will soon see distribution restrictions. Why? Because an RNC Bible-Thumper visited their church five times in the past year discussing the evil of Kerry. This RNC-sponsored lying campaign is immoral. How can you support the morality of deceiving people through their faith?.................
how is this deceiving? I�m not a bible thumper and I don�t see an example of what you believe your parents were deceived with?

Excellent sentiment amongst us poor confused huddle masses here... but we are more divided than ever before because of the divisive RNC strategy to win this election.
and this would be a good reason why we are divided. Long before the RNC strategy started to play itself out�..we were divided. Yet according to you its only the RNC that is at fault. need i remind you of a fairly recent impeachment?

����..The divide is terrifying.

The divide is not quite as large as you would like it to be�.look at political offices across the land�.bush is relatively unpopular with regard to the trend across the land. a large majority of state governors, senators, congressmen, and (although I�m not sure a majority) state legislatures are republican

In general, if you look at national polls the majority of Americans lean socially liberal, and have learned by history to be somewhat fiscally conservative, yet as you have noted the democrat�s lack of an alternative. Take Clinton as an example, an abysmal president yet in current times fairly popular�.the demos wouldn�t have to do much and they will win�.yet they insist that they are enlightened and therefore don�t need to consider anyone else�s opinion after all, if they aren�t stupid they will follow. So they have with the exception of showing Clinton drifted very left. The republicans at least pay lip service to the center.

You would do better to not ask the question �why support bush�, and change it to �why not support bush�. THERE WAS NO REASON. If you look for reasons from republicans and there have been many of these threads; there are varied reasons for support�most of the demo reasons for not supporting bush are along the lines of peer pressure�.most of the demo reasons for supporting Kerry are also along the lines of peer pressure. The funniest thing is 50% of America supports bush and you have not one idea why.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Skeptic,

I can only explain why I voted for President Bush's re-election and hope that you understand why I voted the way that I did.

The first and foremost reason that I voted for President Bush is that he and I share the same views of what the security of the United States should be. He is firm and unwaivering in his stance on what he believes in, even in the face of adversity. I sincerly believe that he his genuinely sincere in protecting all Americans, even the Americans that are totally against what he stands for, through the policies that have been implemented by his administration.

Second, his unashamed commitment to our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, is rare in Washington D.C. with both parties. A person that can publicly recognize the Only Begotten Son of God, is IMO, a person that can be trusted and the only fear that they have is displeasing our Creator. I know there is a separation of church and state, but that does not mean that an elected official should be prohibitted from practicing a freedom that is granted to us by our constitution.

Third, he is one of many voices that speak for many unborn souls that are ritually slaughtered each year by those who have no regard for innocent lives. IMO, to deny life to an unborn child should never be a right, no matter what they say about "it's the woman's choice to do with her body what she desires." An innocent human life is the most precious of all living things.

These are only three things that I have time to explain, among other things that I find, about why I chose President Bush to recieve my vote this past Nov. 02.

I can overlooked his speech discrepencies. I can not think of one person on this Earth that is free from imperfection.

I can overlook mistakes made by his administration. We now know what will not work and work on finding solutions that will.

All in all, the United States of America, is doing better than the rest of the world, not because of President Bush, but because of the spirit of the American people and their willingness to stand behind and support a leader with the likeness of President George Bush.

He understands that it's not important to look good in the worlds eyes.

He understands that Americans do not exist to appeal to what the world demands of us.

He understands that as long as we feel good about ourselves, remain strong and persevere in the face of opposition, that in the long run, we'll become the winners of freedom and we'll become the standard of what the rest of the world seeks.

May God continue to bless this great nation I call home.

Good night until tommorow.

[edit on 3/11/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
SO,

Your last post explains more what your question was really pointed at�.I understand more now what you were looking for�.see majic�s last. There is actually a carterite that posts here.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by natas
Let's stop attacking each other and start trying to understand more.

Excellent sentiment amongst us poor confused huddle masses here... but we are more divided than ever before because of the divisive RNC strategy to win this election.

RNC strategy?.....so religious figures themselves couldn't have thought about doing this...by themselves?....

SO, you have your point of view, your parents and others have theirs. Most Christians will willingly decide according to what they have been taught through their religions, the same goes for Catholics, Hinduists, etc, etc....

Many people in the world make choices based on their religions. Why does it always have to be... Republicans won because of their dirty tricks....

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
I could never vote for someone so far below my intelligence level...

Somehow, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

And on that note, I suppose I've probably contributed about all I can to this thread.

Good luck, SkepticOverlord! May you find the answers you seek.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join