It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frugal pope nixes bonus for Vatican employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The Vatican said Thursday that Pope Francis, known for his frugal ways, decided Vatican employees won't be getting the bonus that traditionally comes with the election of a new pope.

In the past, the Vatican's 4,500-plus workers — both religious and lay — would receive an extra little something upon the death of one pope and another upon the election of his successor: In 2005, the total reportedly came to 1,500 euros (nearly $2,000) apiece.

yahoo

Pope Francis seems to be leading by example.
Pretty interesting coming from the head of the worlds largest church.
Again, I hope it just doesn't end here and that he changes other things.

Can't think of any other religious leader who is appreciated by people outside his religion.

edit on 18-4-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Please excuse the sarcasm. I use it rarely and poorly, but I would like to save time for those who were going to post something like:

It's all a fake! He's keeping the money for himself and adding it to the secret Vatican treasure vault. It's part of the plot to hurt the poor and pave the way for the New World order."

Sometimes I get tired.

P.s. Oh, that's right. I forgot all about the "Homosexual Priests Abused Young People" theme. I see that it has been brought up.
edit on 18-4-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What else would a frugal Pope do?

So far it seems to me that the Pope's PR team are getting it right.

It is all a dog and pony show! Has he released funds world wide to compensate victims of Church Rape? When he does, when he sells assets to do this, when he remembers the line, "Give up all and follow me," then let me know and I may take notice.

P

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I hope this isn't all fake. This Pope seems so genuine it's scary.
We'll see what he's like in the next 3.5 years.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Have you seen the condition of the Catholic Church lately? I would have nixed the bonuses as well.

All of the sex abuse cases have really damaged the validity of the catholic church.

I know that there are probably just as many in the other religions as well. However, the catholic church is taking all of the flack in the media. Either way it is absolutely disgusting regardless of religion. After All the church is a symbol of innocents. For it to be destroyed in such a way is extremely sad.

I became religious to some extent when I was 8 Years Old and had always believed until the last few years when all of the abuse came to light. I had never imagined such a thing would ever occur. After that I questioned my religious beliefs because I could not believe that the good lord would appoint ANYone who would do such things to children.

So I would say that NO ONE is entitled to a bonus until the standard of behavior excels above the bar.

edit on 18-4-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Whatever happens I know the Catholic church has a fresh image because of Pope Francis. The previous Pope really caused the Catholic church to have a bad image. It's the same with President Obama. As many still love him and hated President Bush. I guess new leaders create a new image.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Well, I must say: You gotta laugh when you learn that they get a bonus when a pope dies and again when a new one is elected. I can see a conscientious administrator casting a jaundiced eye upon that. I mean, that is seriously comical and a little nutty....

new topics

top topics

join