It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughter is HOME SAFE!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't think I could actually imagine the anxiety and strange inner-heart pangs of fear you must have felt. It's not a part of parenting I'm looking forward to.

My daughter is four so she's not doing any travelling until she's much older. Like 18. Or 40.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

I care. I am as ecstatic as you are at the moment. It is all disco and shockingly exciting rainbows for me now.

My moment is over thanks for allowing me to share.

Can I ask what the f#$% is that?

Btw... I'm glad your daughter is home safe... but nothing happened in Zurich, and zurich is not in germany, its in switzerland...
edit on 18-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I hope I don't go into labor!!

Really? You're not at that point now where you're like, "Oh, please! Can we get this over with"?

LOL.....honey, dear, you are only just starting the amazing journey. Hang tough! Keep thinking, keep learning, and breathing deeply. Yes, you'll have problems, and confusion, but there are MANY of us who can help you navigate all the many difficult instances. Parenthood is THE HARDEST and MOST IMPORTANT job that exists.
You'll do FINE!!!

HUG!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Btw... I'm glad your daughter is home safe... but nothing happened in Zurich, and zurich is not in germany, its in switzerland...

She was in Germany and then flew from Zurich to Boston. Why would you bother to doubt that?
edit on 18-4-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

My daughter is four so she's not doing any travelling until she's much older. Like 18. Or 40.

Oh, four is the best!!! I remember saying to my darling son, "Will you just stay four forever, please?"
And he said, "Okay, mommy."

Of course, it was impossible. But yeah, he's now 22, and we made it through the pre-teen and teen years, and very recently he said to me, "Mom, I want you to know how much I appreciate you. I love you so much, and you and my girlfriend are the most beautiful women in the world. I know that how I acted was awful, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you."

(Or basically to that effect.) It made me cry and is STILL a heart-swelling thing to recall. It was only in February that we came to that point.
Hang in there! And thanks for your support!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

She was in Germany and then flew from Zurich to Boston. Why would you bother to doubt that?

I didnt doubt anything - chill. Sometimes ppl do think that zurich is in germany. I lived in switzerland, thats why I said that

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I didnt doubt anything - chill. Sometimes ppl do think that zurich is in germany. I lived in switzerland, thats why I said that

Sorry. For a second I thought you were one of those "pics or it didn't happen" types.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

She flew with her colleagues to Hanover (via Frankfurt), and then after the conference sent her professional wardrobe and materials back with her colleagues, and took a few days to tour Prague, Berlin, etc. By herself.
And then she flew home.
Hope that explains it. She left Prague for Zurich last night, had an 8 hour layover, then caught Swissair from Zurich back 'home' to Boston.

Made her own plans, booked her own hostels, and made her way all by herself.
Hope that helps to explain it.

EDIT: It's very possible I am not accurate in which cities she was when, but she was very excited and bold to strike out on her own and have a short tour of the area. In my opinion.

edit on 18-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

hehe understand your worries...
but shes home plus she got a nice experience out of it.

too bad she didnt got to know more of switzerland. Its a beautiful country with so much places to visit you have to live there for a while to actually take it for granted - it doesnt really feel like the rest of europe, well... at least for me, maybe I'm biased hehe.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Glad she made it home safe.

I personally hate flying.

I'd rather keep my feet on the ground.

More power to her.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I didnt doubt anything - chill. Sometimes ppl do think that zurich is in germany.

No, I totally know that Zurich is in Switzerland.....
once my dad told us, "If I regret anything, it's that I chose Wichita, Kansas over Geneva when I had the option to choose."

I get your point! No prob.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sorry. For a second I thought you were one of those "pics or it didn't happen" types.

aye no worries mate

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

too bad she didnt got to know more of switzerland. Its a beautiful country with so much places to visit you have to live there for a while to actually take it for granted - it doesnt really feel like the rest of europe, well... at least for me, maybe I'm biased hehe.

I know. I wish she had had a chance to do so!! A few years ago she went to India as an intern, met a French guy who lived in Luxembourg (or maybe Lichtenstein?) and toured with him for a day or two. She had a great time. They went to Paris, to the Louvre, etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yea I lived in geneva.
I dont know wichita tho, so I cant comment hehe but I usually like the states to be honest... least the places I know - nice people ( lot nicer than europeans
I know - its not that difficult
)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yeah, I know when I visited Norway (in my 30s, and by myself) I noticed that people don't smile much, or look you in the eye. I had always thought that Midwestern Americans were a boring and unsophisticated sort...but when I finally boarded the plane home, it was filled with Midwestern, friendly people, and never in my life had I appreciated 'Midwestern Hospitality' as I did on that day!!!

Oh the stories I could tell!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thanks, rocky!!! Very much!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I feel your relief. Glad she is back home and safe. Moms worry. She sounds amazing, but I know she does not have to be to have your support and love. Happy for you!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you!! A parent's relief and pride (all rolled into one incredibly volatile package) really can't be understood by those who don't have kids yet....
I appreciate your posting here!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No problem

I'm glad to hear any good news !

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

No problem proud relieved Mom, lol hope to see you tomorrow night up in chat!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join