It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Sur

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
A little off of my typical subjects I made this video after my recent trip to Big Sur California. If anywhere exemplifies the fragile earth, Big Sur does. Not only does it show how fragile it can be, it shows how great people can be when they decide to preserve a natural wonder like this one.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Lovely imagery, thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i was just at big sur last month!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Lovely video.

I'm living on the US east coast for the time being, but am from California and miss it dearly.
You've discovered why Californians don't protest too much when people bad-mouth their state. I hear it often; "dirty, tree-hugging hippy liberals out in California with their regulations and high taxes", blah blah. Whateva...

It is truly a place of incredibly diversity and awe-inspiring beauty. We are plenty happy to keep that secret to ourselves.

I love that you pointed out the madrone--one of my all-time favorite trees. They are perfect for 'hugging' because their trunks look and feel like muscles.

Thanks for the tour.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I guess that I understand Californians a little better after my trip. I still don't understand why you have to have the high taxes. I myself am a conservative. I think people don't understand us. I am perfectly fine that the federal government and states can decided to preserve natural areas of beauty. It is when the .gov steps in to tell you what you can and cannot do on land you own where I have a problem. As long as it doesn't affect anyone else why does it matter?

And the Madrones were really cool.

top topics

join