It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooray for Bush, but I have one question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What of a draft? I'm a pro-bush supporter, but I've been hearing some word of a draft? Since I'm 19, I am a prime target of a draft -- any word?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes you will be the first to be call.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I tried to swing votes for Kerry here in Ohio, stand outside of a polling place telling people don't vote for Bush, I don't want to go to Iran, NK, China, Jordan, Yemen, Syria, or any other place he plans to invade. Didn't work, damn you Ohio! Wait, provisional ballots, come on, over 250,000 provisional ballots out.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Did you vote? I think you would make the rest of the country very happy if you and the rest of your Bush supporting friends were first in line at the recruitment office.

Infact, why wait. They could probably do with your help right now.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sounds like you want to be drafted.

If so, I think you will get what you asked for by supporting the "War President".

Congratulations you won!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Please stop spitting the propaganda on this whole draft thing and please refer to this thread for any further discussion.

I am sick of this whole draft fear that people keep spitting. I won't happen. An act of congress would have to pass in order for this to happen and the only person to propose this was a democrat

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
marg6043,

Why must you continue to perpetuate that obvious lie concerning the draft? Everyone knows that there is not going to be a draft. President Bush understands the power of maintaining an all volunteer military. Our men and women in uniform want to fight this fight and to a ratio of 8 out of 10 they support Bush as their Commander and Chief.

When I served in the U.S. Army 101st Airborne I couldnt find one soldier who ever wanted a liberal Democrat to win office.

Nschmoyer,

Dont give it another thought, there is not going to be a draft.

link   
Please use the existing "Bush is going to start a Draft" thread:

Draft Watch

Thread Closed

link   
In all fairness...during the debates, Bush said the military will remain an all-volunteer military....so make of that what you will.

Of course, his dad said to read his lips, and well, we all know how that went...

The bottom line is, we're going to need more men in uniform to cash the checks his rhetoric has been writing...so I suppose time will tell.

Personally, I'd fear the "back door" draft for those in or joining the military.

In essence, this is keeping people who have served their time, in "active duty" status due to the war situation. I'd expect to see even more legislation soon to extend the amount of time that this can be done for. This would still fit the "all-volunteer" military promise in word, if not in spirit. Also, recalling those who have retired from the military, etc. will likely also be stretched a bit legally, as we've already seen. I'd even go so far as to think that those in ROTC programs may be called to sign and serve in support roles, if not oversees then at least here at home to fill the gaps.

link   
Yeah, I'm afraid Marg is right. The random numbers have already been assigned and yours will put you on the first bus to Marine boot camp. I made some phone calls just to find out for you.

For the bazillionth time, Bush has said nothing of a draft; that was Wrangle and Hollings' idea; both of them are ultra-liberal congressmen. Bush, on the other hand, says no draft. That would not make the military better than the all volunteer military.

There you go, two answers for you. Pick the one you want!

new topics

top topics

join