It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum Idea: Book Circle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I love books and gladly read everything I can get my hands on. I belong to a couple of book circles, and that's great, but they NEVER want to read conspiracy or paranormal/alien literature. I always feel like an idiot when I suggest our next book be Roswell or something similar.

So what I was thinking, we could have a book club here on ATS. How awesome would it be to read some of the great works (non-fiction and fiction) and discuss them with like-minded individuals? To use our collective knowledge base to explore a topic more in depth, perhaps even debunk or uphold theories?

I'm sure there are some folks who'd enjoy a book club. What do you think?

Waiting with my fingers crossed,

Smylee

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I would love a book club.
I have read certain books that changed my life and would love to read more while suggesting some.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I think that's a great idea! I love reading too, but I have never belonged to a book circle. It sounds fun!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Did you need to make ANOTHER thread on this?!?!

You have made one already. Why not ask for it to be moved?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
while i've often thought of making a thread or three on booky stuff and never got round to it, there is a literature forum, not that i have ever looked directly at it so far... i do like the idea of a book club/circle though - perhaps it could be a sticky in the Lit forum?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Idea was posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join