Vote On It!!!

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Jeez, the whole country and even other parts of the world have been beating the gun debate to death for months now. Our government (the U.S.) is pushing for gun reform, or some kind of control to either reduce the kinds of weapons citizens should be allowed to own, or to outlaw them altogether.

If it's such an important topic then we should be able to VOTE on it! Did our own government forget that it's SUPPOSED TO BE majority rules?

And, while I'm at it: Who told the government that it could go drone-killing people around the world without our vote on it? Maybe the majority will approve, then again maybe they won't, but aren't REALLY important issues like this supposed to be OUR decision?

Just my opinion, but somehow the government has to get the message that it is supposed to represent the wishes of the people - and nothing more. If we are attacked, then sure, the government can react swiftly to defend against any invading force, but there's no hurry anymore. The government can wait until we vote on whether or not we want to police the world, violate boundaries of other countries without their permission, and kill people.

Let me be clear here, I'm not saying it's right or wrong to take a stand one way or the other on these issues. I'm just saying that we are supposed to vote on them.
edit on Thu Apr 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ALL CAPS TITLE




posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Jeez, the whole country and even other parts of the world have been beating the gun debate to death for months now. Our government (the U.S.) is pushing for gun reform, or some kind of control to either reduce the kinds of weapons citizens should be allowed to own, or to outlaw them altogether.

If it's such an important topic then we should be able to VOTE on it! Did our own government forget that it's SUPPOSED TO BE majority rules?

And, while I'm at it: Who told the government that it could go drone-killing people around the world without our vote on it? Maybe the majority will approve, then again maybe they won't, but aren't REALLY important issues like this supposed to be OUR decision?

Just my opinion, but somehow the government has to get the message that it is supposed to represent the wishes of the people - and nothing more. If we are attacked, then sure, the government can react swiftly to defend against any invading force, but there's no hurry anymore. The government can wait until we vote on whether or not we want to police the world, violate boundaries of other countries without their permission, and kill people.

Let me be clear here, I'm not saying it's right or wrong to take a stand one way or the other on these issues. I'm just saying that we are supposed to vote on them.


They probably know that the people would win the right to still bear arms, and that's not what the government want to happen? Maybe?



posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


Other items I would like to see on a ballet, and win or lose, I would defend and uphold the decision of the people:

1. Should the CIA be able to infiltrate other countries and manipulate events that would lead to the overthrow of the existing government, or perpetrate false flag events that would cause the people to vote or act in a way that is beneficial to the United States?

Personally, I vote no.

2. Should the United States treat the Islamic faith as a religion?

Again, I vote no.

3. Should health insurance be mandatory?

No.

4. Should there be a cap on how much doctors can charge or earn in a year?

Yes.

5. Should there be a cap on how much hospitals can charge?

Yes.

6. Should people with more the $100,000 sitting in a bank be forced to spend that money, thereby injecting billions back into the economy?

Yes.

Again, which ever way these issues go, I would yield to the popular vote.



posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy
 





They probably know that the people would win the right to still bear arms, and that's not what the government want to happen? Maybe?


I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. I think the government has forgotten that what it is supposed to want is for the people to get what THEY want, and nothing more.



posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by fairguy
 





They probably know that the people would win the right to still bear arms, and that's not what the government want to happen? Maybe?


I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. I think the government has forgotten that what it is supposed to want is for the people to get what THEY want, and nothing more.


The people who voted for them in the first place no less! They would rather line their pockets and send 20,000 "troops" out to war than do what they're there for in the first place... Help the people who voted for their help!

This is all VERY obvious yet not many people seem to see it.. Atleast not outside of these kind of sites.


Sadly there was absolutely no sarcasm in what I just said at all.
edit on 18-4-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)


Also just noticed I have 911 stars... cue twilight zone music.
edit on 18-4-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 

Its NOT supposed to be "majority rules"... Thats called MOB rule.

We are a nation of LAWS. Supposed to be JUST laws.

According to your simple understanding of our nation, 51% of the people could re-institute slavery or have the other 49% deported etc.

We are a representative republic.

There are ways to change the laws, amend the Constitution, but its not easy, nor should it be.



posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by jiggerj
 

Its NOT supposed to be "majority rules"... Thats called MOB rule.

We are a nation of LAWS. Supposed to be JUST laws.

According to your simple understanding of our nation, 51% of the people could re-institute slavery or have the other 49% deported etc.

We are a representative republic.

There are ways to change the laws, amend the Constitution, but its not easy, nor should it be.




The way I see it yes there is a 51/49% chance, but that is not to change the laws, it's to vote in the people who the voter thinks can and will change these laws (among other things) for the better of the country.



posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by jiggerj
 

Its NOT supposed to be "majority rules"... Thats called MOB rule.

We are a nation of LAWS. Supposed to be JUST laws.

According to your simple understanding of our nation, 51% of the people could re-institute slavery or have the other 49% deported etc.

We are a representative republic.

There are ways to change the laws, amend the Constitution, but its not easy, nor should it be.




I know we've voted on issues before, but for the life of me I can't remember them. Just one, when NH voted on whether or not to allow the building of the Seabrook Nuclear plant. So, I guess you're right. We vote in the wealthy, the lawyers, and those with military background to represent us - all those completely disconnected from the common citizen. What's the word for this?
Oh yeah, crazy.

We're doomed.
edit on 4/18/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would just like to know one very simple thing.

Does law even matter any more?

For example, if the law says I must stop at a stop sign, and I do anything but come to a full stop, I am in violation of the law.

However when the law says things like "shall not be infringed" suddenly these things are not binding, they are somehow suggestions, not tenants of the law.

So, is the law important an must be followed at all times by all in the land, or do we all get to just dismiss the parts we don't like?

Because anarchy is the result of everyone only following the laws they agree with, vs order being when everyone follows the laws reguardless if they like them or not.





new topics
top topics
 
2

log in

join