It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Pledges More Executive Action On Guns "Later This Week"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Biden Pledges More Executive Action On Guns "Later This Week"

.... followed by articles of impeachment and a trial early next week...

Good luck, the Clinton impeachment fiasco pretty much sealed the deal on anyone in Congress actually doing their job on that business. Not to say he shouldn't have, but I see it as we "blew our load" so to speak with that one. Congress won't do it unless they see an advantage in tying up the legislative for the next 3 years (which.....could be the game plan).

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Clinton was impeached... He was found not guilty by the Senate..

The House is solely responsible for bringing articles of impeachment...

The Senate "prosecutes"...

The Chief Justice is the Judge..

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Come on Xcath...do you think I didn't know that?! Read beyond. Find me even a quorum of Representatives that are willing to sign onto an impeachment bill. They will not for many reasons. They are all just as culpable in facing such. It is circle the wagons time and they will hold onto power as long as possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Bypassing Congress in order to push gun control will elicit a response from the House..

Based on the number of Democrats who voted against the bill in the Senate tells me the President is loosing support.
edit on 19-4-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Bypassing Congress in order to push gun control will elicit a response from the House..

Based on the number of Democrats who voted against the bill in the Senate tells me the President is loosing support.
edit on 19-4-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

It hasn't for any other measures, why do you think this will?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I dislike the Dailycaller...

GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control

Yes, i think if Obama uses an EO to bypass congress impeachment is very likely.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

at this point, much like with Clinton, it will be one big smoke screen to provide adequate cover for the next phase to be put into motion ... and depending on the chosen scenario, suspension of the Constitution seems more likely today than it was yesterday

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hello please excuse my writing skills but I have been on ATS for a while now but I've noticed a lot about people on here. the story gets posted with a link and then people sit here and argue over there opinions and feeling about such posted topic where as I come here expecting to find peoples individual research skills and find out more then just what other news outlets want you to hear or the messages want to put forth to the people. Its a scary thing when people can say what ever they wabt because nobody knows the repercussions of such "voiced opinion" to the point where I have choosen not to reply to any posts what so ever but this has honestly got me heated between shootings bombings stabbings or even just fistfights all of these things happen if you hear about it or not we all know the statistics of such crimes we all know they happen all the time everywhere in the world not just here or there what makes our people (americans) any different from anyone else in the world no matter what we we do these things happen for many reasons but they all lead to to the same things fear is a tool created solely by the individual them selves and taken advantage of by the people who set out to scare you for one reason and one reason alone...

These people are scared. No not you or me, the people who tell you what the world is supposed to be like and heres the real reason. THEY ARE SCARED ****LESS OF YOU, the individual. You stand divided because of your feelings and opinions while letting you fight amongst each other and create an even larger divide amung the most powerful and influential people in the world... THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD. you see because of this fear became a tool to control you its truly devastating everyone its a huge phenomenon and its neverending because people want to feel safe they want the easy route while letting go of what is right or wrong while the people in power only abuse it it is because we let them sure they lie they cheat and they exploit but why is the real question its such topis that drive me insane because averyone just sits and bashes and blames when its not just me who is to blame nor you or he or she or black or yellow but ALL OF US as a species education is the real problem wheather you deny it or not it won't matter an educated person would not argue over an idea but seek to educate others

Its all these reasons that the system has failed us because we let it. The individual is silent,

Sorry to go off topic here this is my first ever post on any of these sites and I feel people take stuff out of context on a global scale they let there fears feelings and opinions get the best of them only to desrtoy what this site stands for as well as my constitution... freedom

Sorry to rant on and on but all this stuff is going to happen the sooner we can learn not to fear it as much the sooner the people in power will learn that we know we hold the power in our hands because they like us are only human

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
joe biden was
whining about
guns last night
when addressing
the public about
the immigration

reform measures.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Is there such thing as impeachment? Really? I forgot that it exists.

Ok on a serious note A LOT OF GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS should have been impeached a long time ago. Not just for guns. They have violated so many laws and conducted themselves in such unethical ways that government has become a travesty of justice.

I could not give a rats ass about sexual misconduct when much more serious stuff has been going unpunished!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

yeah and these gubement boobs what list of who have what so crims came know which houses have best guns

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I agree at some point Congress and The senate must ACt because I believe at this point he has more then just abused his Office he is throwing out EOs like a child mad cause he cant watch TV ...Also please this is not about the past its about right now so could you please not throw in what other presidents have done and havent this is now and our lives are at risk now ..Lets say over the next few years the Narco drug War in Mexico STarts coming all the way into the US , you really dont want the right to have weapons to defend your family from thugs who would behead your whole family as a message ..Things are only going to get worse ..

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Biden is a damn fool.

I can't see how anyone...ANYONE... could take that tard seriously

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
Biden is a damn fool.

He is not a fool. I think he is possessed. Did you see the video of him at the 2013 State of The Union Address?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthius

Biden is a damn fool.

He is not a fool. I think he is possessed. Did you see the video of him at the 2013 State of The Union Address?

No I didn't. please elaborate though.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthius

Biden is a damn fool.

No I didn't. please elaborate though.

Google this: Joe Biden's Eyes Look Demonic at the 2013 State of The Union Address

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
What gets me - is they are putting peoples right to defend themselves at risk.

Drugs are illegal. Guess what, people still go out onto the street and get them.

When guns are illegal - guess what - criminals will still go out into the street and get them and now their unstoppable aren't they?

(What a cash cow we're going to be creating for the criminal dealer, eh?)

There is nothing to stop that criminal from breaking into your home, killing your whole family, and taking what's yours. And you will have simply NO WAY to defend yourself.

Because law abiding citizens are going to follow the rules - but I guarantee you - criminals don't.

Cirque

edit on 18-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: forgot word

It seemed to me that this talk coming in the immediate aftermath of discussing the non-action on felons, et . Trying to acquire guns, that this has more to do with enforcing current statutes. I coukd well be wrong, I hope not.

As to having "no way to defend yourself" if you don't have guns in your home...I mean, we're saving for our guns now, but don't have any yet. I shouldn't have said that on the internet, because if anyone traces my IP, they'll just come waltzing right in now. I'm surprised they haven't already simply broken through the locks, fought off a 3-dog attack, withstood pepper spray and tasers, while dodging several blows with a good ol' fashioned Louisville Slugger.

/sarcasm off...really, people who believe a gun is the only thing that will keep them safe probably isn't a great candidate for gun ownership as it is. Its the Last Choice, people! If there really are more than a tiny percentage of people who believe that they are essentially doomed in all scenarios, unless they draw their piece at every sign of potential trouble. I am a gun ownership proponent, and soon to be a gun owner, and the last thing I want is for trigger-happy cowards.to be walking around with loaded weapons.h

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This goes without saying, they are going to try and try again until they succedd and if that don't work

They'll just pull an executive.....order LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

it is the first line of defense.
just ask the aurora or sandy hook participants/

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join