It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Pledges More Executive Action On Guns "Later This Week"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

www.buzzfeed.com

WASHINGTON — Vice President Biden told White House allies in the gun control fight Thursday that President Obama will be announcing new executive actions on gun violence in the days after the Senate voted down a gun violence bill.

Biden said the White House is looking at ways to increase the number of people denied the right to buy a firearm under the current background check system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They'll never stop.

You dont want to accept their will the "right" way they'll just impose it the wrong way by rushing out new EO's in the next couple of days.

He just has to get his way no matter what apparently.

Not fishy or suspicious at all they just want to find ways to increase the number of denials. Not keep criminals from getting them because they already cant. They want to find ways to keep you and me from getting them.

www.buzzfeed.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
fands

its a big prize they covet
and taking the guard off the door is a critical step to getting it all

these EOs are sure getting abused maybe thats what should go...not guns

edit on 18-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What gets me - is they are putting peoples right to defend themselves at risk.

Drugs are illegal. Guess what, people still go out onto the street and get them.

When guns are illegal - guess what - criminals will still go out into the street and get them and now their unstoppable aren't they?

(What a cash cow we're going to be creating for the criminal dealer, eh?)

There is nothing to stop that criminal from breaking into your home, killing your whole family, and taking what's yours. And you will have simply NO WAY to defend yourself.

Because law abiding citizens are going to follow the rules - but I guarantee you - criminals don't.

Cirque

edit on 18-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: forgot word

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

increase the number of people denied the right to buy a firearm

There's the STORY!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So much for checks and balances...

Congress refuses to pass a law so he takes it upon himself to violate the constitution and just sign it as an executive order.

--------------------------------------

It's also worth noting that the failure of this bill was inevitable.

Passing this bill into law would have been political suicide. Obama has nothing to loose.. he's out for good after this term (unless he can install himself as dictator). Reps and Senators on the other hand.... They want to hold on to their jobs... I'm sure they like them.
edit on 18-4-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If Obama and Biden cared about children it would make sense to install more armed guards and take down the "gun free zone" signs that are disgraceful to say the least. Hypocrisy is king though!

They tried and failed. Why don't they just give up and focus on something else? I don't remember Obama or Biden making any campaign promises of a gun free america during the last election. Just create a false flag and let no crisis go to waste.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Temper tantrum engaged.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

the moron's EXecuitive Action is a lot better than any Execuitive Order...

this guy needs Impeached at any rate... but it will be more clearer IF he tries an EO on the heels of the Senate rebuffing his personal anti-gun rule that he wanted passsed by (what he thought were stooges in the Senate)
the rank-&-File demoncrats

edit on 18-4-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
When will people learn that there is a Dictator rising in the US?

If he doesn't get his way by putting it to Congress...out comes the EO.

If the people state loud and clear that they want/don't want something...out comes the EO.

He will do whatever he wants because he can. There are only 2 ways to stop him. One was the vote but that didn't work because too many people made it close enough for him to pull a few strings and just steal the election thru rigging.

The other is having enough put their words into play and March on Washington in numbers so large that the entire World takes notice. But that won't happen either because people are blind, dumb, lazy, apathetic and easily fooled.

I'm making my prediction now. He WILL get a 3rd term that will be indefinite because of another false flag of some sort and through EO, he will cancel/delay the next elections because he can.

Peace

edit on 18-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So when Democracy fails, the tyrannical dictator just dictates new law? This is disturbing and it should open some eyes!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They need to focus on mandatory firearms safety classes for everyone and more on mental health.

Even if you do not plan to ever own a firearm you should take a firearms training/safety course. Just like the CCW class, if you never carry a gun you should take the course. Of course this will not stop criminals (though the mental health issue might), but it will significantly lower the number of negligent (accidental) discharges potentially saving a large number of lives.

Raist

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
So when Democracy fails, the tyrannical dictator just dictates new law? This is disturbing and it should open some eyes!

I hope Obama tries a back door approach...especially after the senate voted it down.

Bring on the impeachment!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The constitution supporting citizen is deemed a terrorist by the government as it is. What is the difference if they make gun ownership illegal, you're still a terrorist just for believing in the constitution without being armed.

You are not obligated to obey edicts against the constitution, these are illegal laws. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it is your duty as a citizen to disobey unconstitutional laws. If you end up on a jury in a court case that is trying to prosecute someone for an unconstitutional law, use jury nullification. If you're going to end up in a prison for your constitutional beliefs, why not get busted for a good cause? Start a prison gang based on alignment with the constitution and keep yourself in good company while you're there.

Resistance doesn't have to involve any violence, "law" breaking perhaps, but not against the constitution, disobedience certainly, but some action of some sort is better than doing nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Insanity. The people have spoken but apparently the White House doesn't want to listen. If these EO's pass, we need to stand up and push for impeachment proceedings. This is a blatant abuse of power and we need to make these fools listen to us not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
So much for checks and balances...

Congress refuses to pass a law so he takes it upon himself to violate the constitution and just sign it as an executive order.

--------------------------------------

Looks more like a tantrum. Unlike the health care bill, this is real politics in motion.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Not only that but they will have to effectively redefine "arms"; as the the Founding Fathers were not exclusively speaking to firearms, but knives, hammers, hoes (get yer mind outta the gutter!), or even fists as a general means to the Right of Self-Preservation and Defense.

I figure, by chipping away slowly at the defiance that firearms resides on the outside of the definition of "arms", they will continue down this path until they can redefine the term to fit their narrative; it has been done many times before; racism (now beyond colloquialism with anyone who doesn't agree with you that is of the opposite color/race/sex), terrorism (even a petty crime such as robbing an old lady has been labeled as such), etc and etc.
edit on 18-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: reworded to make sense.

edit on 18-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

Watching a few moments of one of the lefty "news" shows last night. You could tell this was a real shock to them. They lashed out at all the players in the pro-2nd fight like I have never seen. Even said that now the NAR has made it possible to put a handgun the the hand of child killers. Also said all the pro gun folks want is a big shoot out with the bad guys. ect ect

As you were.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I pledge my contempt to the POTUS for all eternity, and each and every time he seeks to grow the power of government robbing the people of their own innate power.

So say we all.
edit on 18-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

.... followed by articles of impeachment and a trial early next week...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join