It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I would naturally expect this second wave of EO's to be even more extreme. If not, he would already have done them.

Oboma has been working very hard and he keeps "X"ing out the parts of our Bill of Rights he doesn't like.

edit on 18-4-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Really? You think POTUS should be doing the job of Congress, legislating from the Oval Office? Do you understand the concept of separation of powers?

No, I am not suggesting that the POTUS legislate new laws. But he can do a lot to step up the enforcement of current laws that can't be enforced right now due to restrictions placed on them from other laws. He can use EOs to proclaim that the current gun laws can be enforced without the fear of being punished for it because of other laws.

This is well within his power, and even if he takes it further than that...I honestly wouldn't mind since it is in synch with the will of the people.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I keep saying this but freedom is the only way this country will ever
prosper, these people do not understand freedom, and i honestly
do not think they will get it until its far too late, nothing to fear so long
as your innocent, they will see how wrong that assumption is, but
when they do it will be far too late...... give all that freedom up for a
tiny sense of security that doesn't even exist, bad men will always
do what they want, the way we win is to refuse to allow them to
dictate our lives with fear and yet here we are, the terrorists are not
only outside but inside our own government..... nice.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Good old Jolted Joe Bidden, walking out on the terrace at the NOb, pointing his mouth blindly in the air, and firing of a double-dumbass boo bird. Thanks Joe, Now that you feel OUR pain, guess we just come right out and call you Commissar! Joe? I'm starting to feel it already!, yeah, yeah!, it's like that. But ole Cool Joe 'Glide' Biden would probably stand there, sigh, and give it the absolute vacuum statement for todays power-mad politician 'It is what it is'.

Yes Mr. V. P., as you would offer another choice shrewd political science-y moment 'Hey, you lost, move on.org oh holy s***, did I say that out loud'? ATS says deny ignorance. There's no denying ole Joe !

edit on 19/4/2013 by CarbonBase because: spelling, context, That deep piercing pain between my ears when I hear the name !

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by LogicGrind

They didn't have enough of a majority even on the Democrat side. That is the way the cookie crumbles my friend, and it doesn't give the President the right to legislate from the Oval Office just because you think he is right.

They actually had a "majority" on most of the votes...just not a super majority to get past a possible filibuster. The filibuster is killing progress in this country...we shouldn't need a 60% majority to do things in this country.

I wonder if you are far-left leaning or if you are just too young to have been taught why our Founding Fathers fought the Revolutionary War and why they thought it was important for citizens to be armed.

I know why the founding fathers fought the Revolutionary war...do you? It was basically Corporate warfare and a business venture on part of the "founders". England was cutting into their profits, so they used the ideal of "freedom" to get people to fight and die so they could profit.

They thought it was important to keep an armed militia because they knew it was their only hope in defending against England...it really has nothing to do with revolting against the United States...they very clearly defined that as a treasonous act in the Constitution.

Please don't hold any romantic views of the founding fathers...remember that George Washington himself marched the US Army on a group of farmers who refused to pay taxes (tax protest...sounds familiar...hmmm). So when the founders had a tax protest, the Boston Tea Party, it was patriotic...when a group of farmers did it...it was potential treason and had the US Army marched on them.

Yes...I know exactly why the revolution was fought...it had nothing to do with "freedom"...that was just the ideal that was fed to people to give them a cause to go fight and die for. Just like slavery was used to give something to fight and die for in the Civil War. Just like "communism" was used in Vietnam. Just like WMDs were used in Iraq.

Do you know why the revolution was fought???

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Joe Biden says the president of the United States is preparing to take "executive actions" to deal with guns.

Career LIAR.

Career Manipulator.

This Administrations agenda is clear. Wake up America!!!!!

Here's the real Biden.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
What I'd like to see is the gun-control crowd come together and endorse stricter penalties on those who use firearms in the commission of a crime!

All of us, want to see less tragedies. Al of us want to see fewer deaths in the inner cities, the schools, theatres, malls.

Instead of going after law-abiding people, let's all come together and create harsher penalties for those who commit crimes.

I think we can ALL agree on that. Can't we?

I know I've generated a positive response to that idea before Beezer. Dope and a firearm ? 25 to life. Use a firearm to commit a crime ? Life no parole mandatory. That simple. But that answer isn't on the agenda, is it ?
And I don't believe for a second it's because they haven't thought of it. And they don't want to hear it if you have.
Their hope'n we're all to stupid to see that. Nope they want a move that gives an elbow to our rights.
Nothing else will do.

reply to post by sonnny1

Excellent clip Sonny. Gawd I can't believe the slime that is running our country.

edit on 19-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
yes, wonderful Joe Biden, the man of the People, that truly cares

He was so worried about folks he wanted Cow Guards retrained when he heard their usefulness was at an end. ( Allegedly)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When this simple solution is ever offered, their agenda becomes clear.

It's not about guns. It has never been about guns.

It's about control. It's about authority. It's about power.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Agreed. however you should apologize for the stupid decision of selecting Mitt as the one to face Obama in the election. Which is worse...the people who voted for Obama...or the lame GOP for lending such an inept person to challenge the President?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dagann
. Which is worse...the people who voted for Obama...or the lame GOP for lending such an inept person to challenge the President?

The voters who voted for an inept President.

Those that didn't vote......Period.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

If you are a evil person bent on killing as many people as possible, should you have the right to a gun?

I wonder how people killed "before" "guns" were invented? I would think more people have been killed by other means throughout history, then by firearms.

You also know Mentally ill people commit mass killings also, and are not necessarily "evil". But it seems like its easy to lump EVERYONE into a group, to justify banning guns.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Sometimes pictures say it all.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We didn't just get in this climate overnight, the decline of the US and it's moral character has been forthcoming for decades. While we are capable of great good, there has been a segment only interested in personal power and gain. Our citizens respond to even the smallest of erosions to our liberty and the accompanying decay in moral beliefs. You are seeing disenfranchised, and those who have felt denied or used disgracefully, that are willing to fight back. They are not willing to go quietly or be denied their liberties. We have created generations of enemies against American Capitalism and the abuses their countries have endured at our hands. The most dangerous people are those who have nothing left to loose. Right or wrong the actions, that is what faces us. People willing to use any method necessary, much as Malcolm X espoused.
Until we change from the inside, until we right wrongs and change policy internally, we will have those willing to fight our system and by any means.

0bama has from the beginning of his presidency flat lied, obfusticated and grievously inserted his will upon the American citizens regardless of their consent, using closed door meetings and votes contrary to the will of the people. His egotistical quest to control others knows no bounds.

We will continue having events, both terrorist in nature and false flag in nature. The American citizen has become expendable to government, and the people will have no more of it.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Shouldn't you guys at least have some rigorous psychological testing on anyone who wants to buy a gun?
And the need to present a valid permit to buy reloading powder or bullets - across all states.

You could still keep your guns - but that WOULD reduce the amount of random killings slightly (and bring in a tasty revenue stream for the country if they charged for the permits)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Will of the People??????

Oh, I forgot, the only "People" that are of any importance anymore are Progressives and the Tyrant 0bama's buddies, like racist pastors and escape from justice terrorists turned professors.

The will of the true people was upheld...No more infringements on the 2nd Amendments.

You Anti-Gun rights people are not only deaf, but are lacking the basic understanding of how the country was designed.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Yeah, I love hearing the "Polls" argument.

So, 2000 people, polled over the phone, with loaded questions are a true capture of the sentiment of American Citizens.

So, if we are to use polls, then how about this poll ....www.theblaze.com...

or this

www.theblaze.com...

I am sure that the lazy progressive will just dismiss this because it is off the blaze. But, the sampling is in the millions, not just a couple thousand.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
Shouldn't you guys at least have some rigorous psychological testing on anyone who wants to buy a gun?
And the need to present a valid permit to buy reloading powder or bullets - across all states.

Who would administer these "rigorous psychological tests?" Who would pay for them? And better yet, who would set the boundaries of what constitutes a mentally impaired person? Would it be something as simple as visiting a psychiatrist in the past? Or would it encompass people who are taking prescription medications?

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
You could still keep your guns - but that WOULD reduce the amount of random killings slightly (and bring in a tasty revenue stream for the country if they charged for the permits)

The key word in your phrase there is slightly. It is speculative whether it would have any effect at all.

Besides, every time they want to up their revenue stream they just add more to the "sin" taxes of alcohol and tobacco.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Well the second paragraph answers who would pay for them, people who want guns

Administering a psych test doesn't require any training, you just give them a piece of paper to fill in that only gets checked by a professional if its flagged.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that mentalists going crazy and shooting up random people is an inevitability with that many guns on the street, but you must concede that steps can be taken to reduce the amount that it happens, even if it only reduces it slightly that's slightly less people killed in a gun crime.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Yeah, I love hearing the "Polls" argument.

So, 2000 people, polled over the phone, with loaded questions are a true capture of the sentiment of American Citizens.

So, if we are to use polls, then how about this poll ....www.theblaze.com...

or this

www.theblaze.com...

I am sure that the lazy progressive will just dismiss this because it is off the blaze. But, the sampling is in the millions, not just a couple thousand.

A randomized scientific poll that is confirmed by other randomized scientific poll is a valid representation of the larger population.

A poll that is voluntarily taken on a website where most people have the same thinking and people can vote multiple times is only representative of the people who visit that website.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join