It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
After living with this guy for a whole term, who is really surprised about this?? Show of hands of those who thought he’d straighten up and fly right (Read: “…support and defend the Constitution of the United States”) just because he’s re-elected.

Wake up, people…and kiss your Constitution “good-bye.”

(Benji, Tom and Johnny are literally spinning in their graves. I can hear ‘em…)

edit on 18-4-2013 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by Heliophant

Keep in mind he trying to save face after promising the victims of Newtown he would get something done.

Personally, I think that was a promise no one can make.

There's no way we can prevent tragedies from happening. It's foolish to think otherwise. Sure, we can always be vigilant and bring wrong-doers to justice... but there will always be wrong-doers. Even if every "weapon" were to vanish tomorrow, people will still find ways to inflict harm on each other.

You simply can't delete tragedy from the human experience. It's part of the show. The world is a dangerous place, always will be.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Let him do it. Let the cards fall where they will. Only then will the American Public know that he is treasonous to the United States Of America.

The Storm is in Chicago right now. As we speak. No joke check, the weather~ Maybe a premonition maybe just a wives tale.

He will lose this. And I can't wait to see the Viral Video's of him loosing his Joe Cool Attitude~

Impeechment? Deportation? Federal Criminal?

He's like Dictator gone Wild right now. It's truelly sad.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

The point is it allows him to save face and appear that he has done something to "keep his promise" to the victims and people of Newtown after stating he would get something done. And no actions and orders are not the same.

Save face?

Oh yeah til the next mass shooting then people will be like, " oh hey he did pass those EO/EA's to stop all that".

Need some more!.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The guns are just a reflection of the authority the US Constitution has granted us.

Obama doesn't want to get rid of guns per se he wants to get rid of the authority the American people have over the politicians.

Sorry Beez, the Constitution grants us nothing. Our rights are inherent from our creator, not from government or a piece of parchment. The Constitution grants limits to the power of Federal government.

I know the people are supposed to have authority over our politicians but they remind me of cockroaches - you swat one another just pops up somewhere else. I disagree about the guns - he would get them out of the public's hands if he could.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
Personally, I think that was a promise no one can make.

There's no way we can prevent tragedies from happening. It's foolish to think otherwise. Sure, we can always be vigilant and bring wrong-doers to justice... but there will always be wrong-doers. Even if every "weapon" were to vanish tomorrow, people will still find ways to inflict harm on each other.

You simply can't delete tragedy from the human experience. It's part of the show. The world is a dangerous place, always will be.

He didn't promise to prevent another tragedy, what he promised was that he would pass legislation that would make it harder for another tragedy to occur, and now he has to do something to save face, so he will probably through executive action mandate that they step up enforcement and a few other things. This is how he will save face and "make good" on his promise.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obama doesn't want to get rid of guns per se he wants to get rid of the authority the American people have over the politicians.

Political power grows from the barrel of a gun we all know who said that, and apparently only the Government, and the police should have it.

We the people we're not worthy.
edit on 18-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So much complaining, but we already know you guys will bend over and take what's coming to you.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

He didn't promise to prevent another tragedy, what he promised was that he would pass legislation that would make it harder for another tragedy to occur

Didn't promise to prevent tragedy, he just promised new laws to prevent tragedy?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

Then I take it you don't know American's the way that you say you do. Nor does your 1 liner provide any input to this conversation. I take it as to incite anger and degrade the American public which is shody and show's little charecter on your part.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If anything that speaks to how responsible the majority of gun owners are their first action isn't to pick up their AR's . and go spray and pray.

They seek to exhaust every option before picking up one.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

It's Just an observation. I have seen the loss of liberties go over the top since 911. Tell me, do you travel by plane anywhere? Do you stand up for your freedom, or allow some stranger to grope you and your children?

Impeach Obama lol, you can't even stop a strange TSA worker from molestering your children.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by beezzer
The guns are just a reflection of the authority the US Constitution has granted us.

Sorry Beez, the Constitution grants us nothing. Our rights are inherent from our creator, not from government or a piece of parchment. The Constitution grants limits to the power of Federal government.

I know the people are supposed to have authority over our politicians but they remind me of cockroaches - you swat one another just pops up somewhere else. I disagree about the guns - he would get them out of the public's hands if he could.

Apologies.

The Constitution acknowledges the authority granted to us by our Creator.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why spray bullets at Government? That's just silly.
March on Washington or Something similar. Posting whiny comments won't help.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The loss of liberties has been going on far longer than the last guy in this country especially with regard to the infringement of the second amendment going on 70+ years.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
reply to post by neo96

Why spray bullets at Government? That's just silly.
March on Washington or Something similar. Posting whiny comments won't help.

Oh yeah "protesting" works so well !!

Whiny comments?

like this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If anything that speaks to how responsible the majority of gun owners are their first action isn't to pick up their AR's . and go spray and pray. They seek to exhaust every option before picking up one.

infringement of the second amendment going on 70+ years.

Well maybe in another 70+ years you might have "EXHAUSTED EVERY OPTION". That's how to get things done BRAVO - Slow Clap.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well maybe in another 70+ years you might have "EXHAUSTED EVERY OPTION". That's how to get things done BRAVO - Slow Clap.

70 years i will be dead better clap pretty damn loud

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join