It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate vote down Feinstein assault weapon bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wednesday senate voted against Feinstein's proposed bill. I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but I found this quote interesting " I’m certain that in the coming months and years we will be confronting other incidents similar to Newtown." She is using fear mongering tactics to further her agenda. These politicians will do anything to pass what they want, I wouldn't doubt if they are behind these "events".

She closes with this " I will carry on the fight to reinstate an assault weapon ban. And I ask the same of the American people — continue to pressure your elected officials to take action. It’s the least we can do to create a safe society for our children and grandchildren." Really? The children? I don't want to be insensitive because I do believe children are precious but it's not only children who are being killed. Feinstein seems to be using children to gain leverage. From what I've seen and read most Americans don't want to compromise their second amendment rights, so my question is, who is she speaking to when she is looking out for the American interest. Aren't our representatives representing our best interest? I believe they did when they voted her bill down ; yet she keeps trying to attack our rights, seems like she won't give up until she gets what she wants. Yet she claims us Americans our asking for her bill.

Sorry guys if my post is on the wrong forum. This is my first post and I decided to try to contribute to this site. If I did anything wrong mods feel free to fix it. Also I wrote this post quick on my phone so there might be grammar mistakes.

m.nydailynews.com...=1

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It is sad that now one with the knowledge, does not charge her and ones like her with out right treason, for they are to up hold the US Constitution , and what they are doing is total against it! For it not just one document it is 3 documents, now if they want to change it that is fine they have that right , change the 2nd, yes they have the right to amend it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltron

I think you were spot on in the ending of your post where you stated SHE wont give up until SHE gets wht SHE wants.

This old radical knows the sun is setting on her life and political career and wants to do as much damage to the constituation as she can before she goes.

Here come the shame tactics everyone. Remember last summer when we has the leftist astroturf (supposed grass roots) protests? Everytime they didnt get wht they wanted they they all just started shouting SHAME SHAME SHAME...

I will have to say yes this was for the children...Not the passing of this bill but the defeat.

edit on 18-4-2013 by 11235813213455 because: Spellun

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltron

When someone begins to rely on a emotional response instead of facts you know they've lost the argument.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
They can't make decisions out of emotions, not only that but it seems as if they aren't sincere about it; it looks as if these politicians including our president are using these events to further their own agenda. Seriously Feinstein should just stop. Her bill was dropped because it wouldn't be passed as a bill, then Reid promised her she would get a vote on the floor and it also failed. Many Americans don't want their second amendment enfringed. I'm pretty sure this means to stop Feinstein.

I can't believe our president shamed all of us and our representatives. Why? Because we want to keep our rights our very own founding fathers gave to us; all the blood that was shed to liberate all of us from a government that is very much looking like the government we have now. I guess history does repeat it self, it's only a matter of time.

new topics

top topics

join