It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Drill Planned for Day of Texas Explosion- WTH?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
You can't? Really? You do know that fertilizer is used to make bombs. I hope they can determine if any of it went missing prior to the fire and subsequent explosions. It would be a shame if they discover that a truckload(s) are missing..........if they even CAN after such horrific devastation.

It would be much easier to just take it if that was the plan, no need to draw undue attention. Not only that it was reported earlier today on the news that this particular fertilizer factory has been cited before for unsafe storage and handling conditions. So just based on that information alone it isn't hard to make the leap that it was an accident.

And anyone that has investigated ammonia enough to know how to use it, would also know that you don't have to be a rocket scientist to amass a quantity of it without being looked at or considered a suspicious person. Just saying.....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
How can it be that drills are set up for so many events that happen, from 9/11 to 7/7, even the Boston Bombings...the coincidences mounting up over the years is incredible.

Why is it incredible? There are drills all over America every day, from small company drills to larger state drills. This one was planned for AFTER the explosion, but you're choosing to make it a bigger deal than it is because you already have a suspicion.

The 7/7 drill is suspicious because it was done by a private company, and it was happening at the SAME TIME, and was focused on the SAME STATIONS as those actually hit. What makes this even more suspicious is that it was commissioned by a company who has still not been identified.

The company which operated the drill has refused to say which company hired them for the drill, but they said it was an international financial company with offices in London.

That's what makes that event and drill HIGHLY suspicious.

A hospital in Texas having a drill for a random emergency situation, and then something happening before that drill, is not suspicious in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper62

Why are we talking like North Hills Hospital is even remotely close to the city of West, Texas? Honestly, get a damn map out or pull one up. North Hills Hospital is in North Richland Hills, Texas, about 85 miles from West, Texas. Not exactly next door.

Texas is a huge state. Also, emergency preparedness drills, at least in Texas, seem to take place on a fairly routine basis.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

The 7/7 drill is suspicious because it was done by a private company, and it was happening at the SAME TIME, and was focused on the SAME STATIONS as those actually hit. What makes this even more suspicious is that it was commissioned by a company who has still not been identified.

On the contrary

truth11.com...

The company was Reed Elsevier and the exercise was a routine one undertaken by hundreds of London companies every year (so the coindicence of one occurring that day is about the same as the coincidence of the sun shining the same day someone buys some sun cream)

Edit: but to develop Madmac's point further, it's always possible that someone involved in the tube bombings had been on or heard about a previous crisis management exercise and picked the stations to attack accordingly.
edit on 18-4-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
These drills are getting too realistic.

Not only does the page say this was going to be one of the biggest drills being held in Texas,

North Hills Hospital is proud to be hosting one of the largest emergency preparedness drills ever held in the state of Texas this week.

But the resources for the drill were actually used in the emergency!

Update on the drill (posted 4/18): Due to the events in West, Texas last night, North Hills Hospital and the NCTTRAC have chosen to cancel today’s emergency preparedness drill. Many of the same resources planned for the drill have already deployed to West to help care for the victims down there.

What a coincidence!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

So they shouldn't use the resources to help out?

"We've got all these ambulances and staff here ready for the drill, should we use them to help out?"

"Nah, some conspiracy nut will think that's weird"

"Yeah, you're right, we'll go grab Taco Bell instead eh?"

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What're you going on about?

Of course they should have - and did - send the appropriate amount of help.
Did I, or anyone say they shouldn't?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by Rocker2013

On the contrary

truth11.com...

The company was Reed Elsevier and the exercise was a routine one undertaken by hundreds of London companies every year (so the coindicence of one occurring that day is about the same as the coincidence of the sun shining the same day someone buys some sun cream)

Edit: but to develop Madmac's point further, it's always possible that someone involved in the tube bombings had been on or heard about a previous crisis management exercise and picked the stations to attack accordingly.
edit on 18-4-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

riiiight....
thats why when the guy who was running the whole thing when questioned by we are truth at a speaking engagement, went and hid in the bathroom till the whole hall had been cleared...
sun was to bright on his eyesI guess

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Well why did you post about it?

It came across as if you're surprised they used the resources.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

You can't? Really? You do know that fertilizer is used to make bombs. I hope they can determine if any of it went missing prior to the fire and subsequent explosions. It would be a shame if they discover that a truckload(s) are missing..........if they even CAN after such horrific devastation.

It would be much easier to just take it if that was the plan, no need to draw undue attention. Not only that it was reported earlier today on the news that this particular fertilizer factory has been cited before for unsafe storage and handling conditions. So just based on that information alone it isn't hard to make the leap that it was an accident.

Taking it might or might not be easier. I'm talking about a cover-up.......something that just looks like a tragic accident and masks the fact that enough fertilizer to create a sh*tpot load of bombs had been "stolen". Yeah...exactly...the citing of the factory for unsafe storage is very convenient, isn't it. Nobody will question the deed when it finally happens, will they?
(As you can see, I'm not the trusting type.)
edit on 18-4-2013 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Interesting to take note of. Although it might just be that our emergency services have long held too many drills that do not seem to effectively prevent any disasters. How about the largest OSHA investigation into fertilizer plant drill...we don't see any of those going on.

Um, Drills are not in most cases exercised to prevent a disaster -- instead, to react to one.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I urge everyone to refrain from making up their minds based on one person's post. We have a number of people on this site who are terminal debunkers and will ALWAYS ridicule EVERYTHING that even remotely goes against the status quo .

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

According to whom?

Just because the truth doesn't match your fantasies doesn't mean the truth isn't true.......

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Have you ever gambled?
Ever started doing the odds?

You know what the odds are for these coincidences?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by Danbones

According to whom?

Just because the truth doesn't match your fantasies doesn't mean the truth isn't true.......

riiight
911 drill
777 drill
hoof and mouth drill

all with real casualties

you run a fire drill and accidentally kill some...you got jail..
do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars

nice to see you counter my post with a rebutal of the actual fact in the post
guess you would if you could

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Taking it might or might not be easier. I'm talking about a cover-up.......something that just looks like a tragic accident and masks the fact that enough fertilizer to create a sh*tpot load of bombs had been "stolen". Yeah...exactly...the citing of the factory for unsafe storage is very convenient, isn't it. Nobody will question the deed when it finally happens, will they?
(As you can see, I'm not the trusting type.)
edit on 18-4-2013 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

Not sure, but it seems what was stored at this plant wouldn't be that easy to steal. It was anhydrous ammonia, a gas, and must be stored at high pressures in special tanks. It's not like someone could just throw it in the back of a truck and drive off.
anhydrous ammonia at West

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Bro, towns get partially leveled by explosions frequently in Texas.

Some of the largest drills ever held in Texas also get scheduled within the same time window and within response distance of said common explosions all the time!

FEMA vehicles, incidentally, are also always just around the corner, often times ready to respond before hand, on the scene, at the ready! That's your taxpayer money hard at work, after all.

Odds?!
No, that's a coincidence!
Well, lots of coincidences, but still!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
These drills do seem to be occurring on the same dates they actually end up needing all the extra personnel.
However I'm sure there are plenty of drills that don't coincide with these events. Still though it makes me nervous enough if I were to hear of a drill happening.

I'm babysitting a 10 y old today and she came here talking about earthquakes saying we might get the big one anytime. I had to ask if they were having a drill or any plans to have one. She said no. I'm sure it was just precautionary. She told me her school has all the supplies there like food and water stocked just in case. The schools are usually used as shelters. I didn't realize they stocked up or can afford to buy this stuff in advance or is it part of the school budgets now?

We live on the south coast of British Columbia.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone looked into Oklahoma City from 1995 to see if a drill was being run that day...good luck finding any info though.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I realize it has been said but I felt like voicing my concurrence. I would think twice about attending any large scale "drill" even if just as a provision for Murphy's Law.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join