It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why Bush? This is why..

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I heard this on the radio yesterday..And I basically sums up the reason that I voted for GWB this year. It may explain why others voted for him as well. It wasn't about abortion, for me, or Religion, or Gay Marriage. It was about finishing something that was started, and NOT bending to the will of others.

I wish I had written it, I didn't.

Letter to the nation November 2004

" Election determines fate of nation "


From the Wed 06 Oct 2004 issue of the Ellensburg Daily Record (Ellensburg, Washington)... written by Mathew Manweller... Central Washington University political science professor...


"In that this will be my last column before the presidential election, there will be no sarcasm, no attempts at witty repartee. The topic is too serious, and the stakes are too high.


This November we will vote in the only election during our lifetime that will truly matter. Because America is at a once-in-a-generation crossroads, more than an election hangs in the balance. Down one path lies retreat, abdication and a reign of ambivalence. Down the other lies a nation that is aware of its past and accepts the daunting obligation its future demands. If we choose poorly, the consequences will echo through the next 50 years of history. If we, in a spasm of frustration, turn out the current occupant of the White House, the message to the world and ourselves will be two-fold.


First, we will reject the notion that America can do big things.


Once a nation that tamed a frontier, stood down the Nazis and stood upon the moon, we will announce to the world that bringing democracy to the Middle East is too big of a task for us. But more significantly, we will signal to future presidents that as voters, we are unwilling to tackle difficult challenges, preferring caution to boldne! ss, embracing the mediocrity that has characterized other civilizations. The defeat of President Bush will send a chilling message to future presidents who may need to make difficult, yet unpopular decisions. America has always been a nation that rises to the demands of history regardless of the costs or appeal. If we turn away from that legacy, we turn away from who we are.


Second, we inform every terrorist organization on the globe that the lesson of Somalia was well learned. In Somalia we showed terrorists that you don't need to defeat America on the battlefield when you can defeat them in the newsroom. They learned that a wounded America can become a defeated America.


Twenty-four-hour news stations and daily tracing polls will do the heavy lifting, turning a cut into a fatal blow. Except that Iraq is Somalia times 10. The election of John Kerry will serve notice to every terrorist in every cave that the soft underbelly of American power is the timidity of American voters. Terrorists will know that a steady stream of grizzly photos for CNN is all you need to break the will of the American people. Our own self-doubt will take it from there. Bin Laden will recognize that he can topple any American administration without setting foot on the homeland.


It is said that America's W.W.II generation is its 'greatest generation'. But my greatest fear is that it will become known as America's 'last generation.' Born in the bleakness of the Great Depression and hardened in the fire of WW II, they may be the last American generation that understands the meaning of duty, honor and sacrifice. It is difficult to admit, but I know these terms are spoken with only hollow detachment by many (but not all) in my generation. Too many citizens today mistake 'living in America' as 'being an American.' But America has always been more of an idea than a place. When you sign on, you do more than buy real estate. You accept a set of values and responsibilities.


This November, my generation, which has been absent too long, must grasp the obligation that comes with being an American, or fade into the oblivion they may deserve.


I believe that 100 years from now historians will look back at the election of 2004 and see it as the decisive election of our century. Depending on the outcome, they will describe it as the moment America joined the ranks of ordinary nations; or they will describe it as the moment the prodigal sons and daughters of! the greatest generation accepted their burden as caretakers of the City on the Hill."




posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
finishing what he started? you mean starting a war based on false evidence and lies, then capturing saddam hussien (the apparent reason we are in iraq). if the war on terrorism is what he started then that will never be over. as long as there are human beings and religions there will be terrorism. what he started will never end.



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   


Once a nation that tamed a frontier, stood down the Nazis and stood upon the moon, we will announce to the world that bringing democracy to the Middle East is too big of a task for us.


This is a bit of a tired argument, but installing a puppet regime in the MIddle East was never a mandate that the US people gave to their President, actually.



But more significantly, we will signal to future presidents that as voters, we are unwilling to tackle difficult challenges, preferring caution to boldness, embracing the mediocrity that has characterized other civilizations.


Care to enumerate the mediocre civilizations of this planet?

As the boldness goes, Bush continues to boldly amass the budget deficit like no man has done before. On the same Star Trek note, if you take a few pennies and put them edge to edge, and have enough to match the deficit, that would be the distance from the Sun to planet Uranus. Let me tell ya, that's a pretty freaking large distance.



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hey spacedoumb! you really are quite messed up...even if you throw all the conspiracy theories out the window and concentrate on facts....actually i give up...we are about to be enslaved,people will die,etc etc

thankyou for playing your part in the disease and forgetting 911



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Space, do you have a source for what you posted?



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
he's gone offline for a microchip implant no doubt



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
Space, do you have a source for what you posted?


I don't know where he actually got it but it's also posted here


B.



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemeanie

thankyou for playing your part in the disease and forgetting 911



OSAMA had EVERYTHING to do with 911...

Give your head a shake and get that gaseous stink out of there that your friendly gop comrades have farted into you head.

I guess you forgot that Osama was the key player in that tradegy your talking about?? Yet he's still alive...

Yet Bush wasn't worried about him even though they got it on tape, and the fact that they spent so much time and effort into capturing sadam, when the focus should of been on Bin Laden...


" oh but, george bush, he's a king man, he's #in saved this country and is going to continue to protect it" (even though he let 911 happen)


blow it out your ass cuz as far as i'm concerned as long as bin laden is out there and al qaida continues to recruit pissed off middle easterns men and women, the more we're at risk, they don't care about killing themselves....

How soon you forget...

What i saw was careless into the seriousness of the bin laden threat, and then when we were in iraq, he was still being carelss because all the attention was focused on sadam....

hey you can drawn the conclusion you want, but it's people like you who are digging this country a big hole because your patrontage to your gop leader is #ing sickening and stupid and guided by blind faith.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by TrueLies]



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Newspaper, the Writer, and the Date, are all in my original post.

The Archives of that newspaper only go back 6 days..
I'll try and locate the original, If I can.

I got it from a Radio station Website..

Here is my source:
Letter to America

BTW, one of the other reasons I voted for Bush, is the redfaced Shrillness of the
extreme version of the Demcratic party.. (did I mention namecalling?)



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   





Down the other lies a nation that is aware of its past and accepts the daunting obligation its future demands.


do you even know the conents of this so called daunting obligation?

according to my knowlegde it requires the invasion of numerous countrys in order to stabalize our economic turmoil, ya know those pennys.



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
[edit on 5-11-2004 by genesiss]



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
to the mis guilded spacedoubt or sould i adress you as space-ie and dumb.
how dare you disgrace the integrity of the honorable members of this site- - - with this blasphemy.
you act proud that you voted for hitler!!- - we will see how proud you are when the un storm troppers bust down you door in the middle of the night(the theif that comes in the night to kill and destroy- read the bible) and rapes your wife and children- maybe you to.- - - and brings you all off to the fema camps(death camps).where you will never leave- - for you will be exicuted.
if you think that it will not happen - you better - - WAKE-UP !!- if you think that bush does not serve the devil - - i challanage you to visit - alex jones's site- - infowars.com- - buy his video's- - - like - - - dark secrets inside the bohemian grove- and the masters of tyranny- - american dictors- to name a few

yes you will see them-do rituails to molic(satanic god- read the book of Genesis) you will see them creamate CARE- - WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS- - UNLESS THEY KNEW THEY WERE DOING SOME TOTIALLY HORRIABLE i could go on- - - but if you have any intel. you will get it- - i hope- - - .
by the way i may live in the wilds of alaska - but i have seen one fema camp- - you do not have to be an x-veitnam patriot to realize that this fac. are there for one thing and that is to - - KEEP PEOPLE IN BY FORCE- just look at the way the razor wirs faces- - another thing - - if these facilitys where on the up and up - - WHY ARE THEY IN THE MIDDLE OF NO-WHERE - WITH JUST A RAIL TRACK LEADING TO THEM AND A HELO-PORT- - answer that for me - - i am waiting s.d..- - NO they are to keep people in - - - that for sure does not want to be there - - i would suspect that they already have mass burial plots picked out where they are going to busy the masses- - - people like YOU- -
THEY ARE SETTING IT UP- - - - some make GOD the holy father proud - - - and use your brain he gave it to you - - - to - - THINK- - - SO THINk!!!!!!!!!!



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Spiritwolf,

Pretty emotional topic eh?

Try to tone down the name calling..thanks..
I'm presuming that I am dumb, because I don't agree with you, correct?

What exactly makes your opinion so "smart"?



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
point taken -i was just trying to wake you up- thanks and - - MAY GOD BLESS YOU - - no hard feelings
- - -



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
spiritwolf,

Deal...Thanks for that..


I'll respond to some other questions in the thread , a bit later..
I'm a little busy! And no, I'm not getting my "chip" upgraded, or uploaded..LOL



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by genesiss
i would just like to agree with the point on 911,, there has been countless points made to a massive coverup and photos of the damage to the pentagon PROVING a large comercial airplane NEVER hit it, and its funny that no one brought that up in the debates and its funny that bush is friends with the people that design the voting computer systems and u know what will be more funny? when all the brainwashed blind rich or ignorant people that love bush and claim that democrats and kerry want a draft and bush doesnt, how will they act when BUSH initiates a draft, what has he got to lose? he cannot be relected,, and u can be sure all the bush lovers wont be admitting to a mistake when this country sinks into hell, it will always be someone elses fault


[edit on 3-11-2004 by genesiss]



Wait a second here. Members of my familly watched the planes fly into the towers (in person). Are you saying they worked out some type of major optical illusion to fool everyone in the area to only thinking they saw large planes fly into the buildings and cause big explosions, etc?



posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy

Originally posted by genesiss
i would just like to agree with the point on 911,, there has been countless points made to a massive coverup and photos of the damage to the pentagon PROVING a large comercial airplane NEVER hit it, and its funny that no one brought that up in the debates and its funny that bush is friends with the people that design the voting computer systems and u know what will be more funny? when all the brainwashed blind rich or ignorant people that love bush and claim that democrats and kerry want a draft and bush doesnt, how will they act when BUSH initiates a draft, what has he got to lose? he cannot be relected,, and u can be sure all the bush lovers wont be admitting to a mistake when this country sinks into hell, it will always be someone elses fault


[edit on 3-11-2004 by genesiss]



Wait a second here. Members of my familly watched the planes fly into the towers (in person). Are you saying they worked out some type of major optical illusion to fool everyone in the area to only thinking they saw large planes fly into the buildings and cause big explosions, etc?


why dont u try reading my post before bashing it, i said the pentagon not new york had the question about what hit the pentagon,, nevermind i give upmaking posts about political issue ill see you on something thats not going to get me in trouble,,this is not a debating web site



posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What hogwash written as a last appeal of someone who plays on the minds of simpletons. It is said that the pen is mightier than the sword, and it is.

First and foremost, It is America which sees itself as the leader of the free world, righteousness and justice. It is American politicians who endlessly preach these words. The world has survived withour you in th epast, and they will survive without you in the future. To the author I say, get over yourself!



posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I heard this on the radio yesterday..And I basically sums up the reason that I voted for GWB this year. It may explain why others voted for him as well. It wasn't about abortion, for me, or Religion, or Gay Marriage. It was about finishing something that was started, and NOT bending to the will of others.

I wish I had written it, I didn't.

Letter to the nation November 2004

" Election determines fate of nation "


From the Wed 06 Oct 2004 issue of the Ellensburg Daily Record (Ellensburg, Washington)... written by Mathew Manweller... Central Washington University political science professor...


"In that this will be my last column before the presidential election, there will be no sarcasm, no attempts at witty repartee. The topic is too serious, and the stakes are too high.


This November we will vote in the only election during our lifetime that will truly matter. Because America is at a once-in-a-generation crossroads, more than an election hangs in the balance. Down one path lies retreat, abdication and a reign of ambivalence. Down the other lies a nation that is aware of its past and accepts the daunting obligation its future demands. If we choose poorly, the consequences will echo through the next 50 years of history. If we, in a spasm of frustration, turn out the current occupant of the White House, the message to the world and ourselves will be two-fold.


First, we will reject the notion that America can do big things.


Once a nation that tamed a frontier, stood down the Nazis and stood upon the moon, we will announce to the world that bringing democracy to the Middle East is too big of a task for us. But more significantly, we will signal to future presidents that as voters, we are unwilling to tackle difficult challenges, preferring caution to boldne! ss, embracing the mediocrity that has characterized other civilizations. The defeat of President Bush will send a chilling message to future presidents who may need to make difficult, yet unpopular decisions. America has always been a nation that rises to the demands of history regardless of the costs or appeal. If we turn away from that legacy, we turn away from who we are.


Second, we inform every terrorist organization on the globe that the lesson of Somalia was well learned. In Somalia we showed terrorists that you don't need to defeat America on the battlefield when you can defeat them in the newsroom. They learned that a wounded America can become a defeated America.


Twenty-four-hour news stations and daily tracing polls will do the heavy lifting, turning a cut into a fatal blow. Except that Iraq is Somalia times 10. The election of John Kerry will serve notice to every terrorist in every cave that the soft underbelly of American power is the timidity of American voters. Terrorists will know that a steady stream of grizzly photos for CNN is all you need to break the will of the American people. Our own self-doubt will take it from there. Bin Laden will recognize that he can topple any American administration without setting foot on the homeland.


It is said that America's W.W.II generation is its 'greatest generation'. But my greatest fear is that it will become known as America's 'last generation.' Born in the bleakness of the Great Depression and hardened in the fire of WW II, they may be the last American generation that understands the meaning of duty, honor and sacrifice. It is difficult to admit, but I know these terms are spoken with only hollow detachment by many (but not all) in my generation. Too many citizens today mistake 'living in America' as 'being an American.' But America has always been more of an idea than a place. When you sign on, you do more than buy real estate. You accept a set of values and responsibilities.


This November, my generation, which has been absent too long, must grasp the obligation that comes with being an American, or fade into the oblivion they may deserve.


I believe that 100 years from now historians will look back at the election of 2004 and see it as the decisive election of our century. Depending on the outcome, they will describe it as the moment America joined the ranks of ordinary nations; or they will describe it as the moment the prodigal sons and daughters of! the greatest generation accepted their burden as caretakers of the City on the Hill."





Sounds like a pep speach that hints of more war and the "need" to "stay the course". no matter how bad things may get,or how far he reachs to "bring peace and democracy to the middle east".Blindly accept his policy's because God is guiding him,and he makes no mistakes.
Consume.
buy.
work.
pay taxes.
sleep sleep sleep...............................



posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Space, you voted for Bush? nah. Why would someone intelligent like you vote for the NWO?



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join