It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your Request Timed Out. Please Retry The Request"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Another problem I've noticed is in th U2U feature. Some reply messages I receive when clicked on show nothing in the box where there would normally a link to click through to the reply in the thread:

So I wind up having to search for the members profile that replied, look up his posts, check the time of the reply, look through his posts and click through to his/her reply from there.

edit on 4/18/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord, I know you are doing your level best to keep us up and going, and for all those years of flawless, smooth operation, that turned us all into spoiled diva's who want our site to work when and how we want it, I thank you.

Being spoiled, it is all the more annoying when things don't work. I know it is not your fault, but who else are we to whine to?? Every post I have tried to make has timed out, no matter how long, from seconds to minutes, it takes me to write it. Unhappiness is upon me!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

For the last couple of days whenever I try to post a reply, or this thread for that matter, when I hit post or reply I lose everthing I was typing when this browser message appears:

So I've taken to copying my replies to the clipboard first, just in case. I had to do that with this OP because the same thing just happened.

Solution?

Is it my computer or your site?

Yes, I've been getting a few of those as well, never got them before.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It happened to me. Just click refresh, then click retry. It worked like a charm.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
been getting same

and still got same a few minutes ago

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Just happened to me fifteen minutes ago. Very agitating when you had a whole lot to say and then poof....... gone, oh well.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
looks like the prob is at ats's end if multiple people are experiencing it.

reminds me of how back in the good old days things were made to be fixed if something went wrong but now days if it's broke, just throw it away and get a new one.

But back to the point. If someone has somehow managed to put a bug in the ats system, I really hope some of the brilliant people on here manage to find a way to track the culprit down and out him.

Then I hope a few of the not so passive members on here go and "have a chat" with him. You know, rusty blunt serrated implement used on each and every joint of each and every finger

edit on 18-4-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No Problems here.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I also have been having this problem. I found that when the time out screen pops up I hit refresh then a box pops up that says retry and I click that and my post shows up. Glad to know it is not just me.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've also had this problem repeatedly today, whenever it's taken me more than about 5 seconds to write a post.

Never had this problem before.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've noticed this problem, but ONLY when I'm mobile. It doesn't happen on my laptop, just my tablet. Maybe that has something to do with it?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
A few times this evening a notice has popped up with ATS logo expressing that they are undergoing maintenance and to try back in a few hours, and other times I am getting the "timed out" notice. It is getting frustrating, and double posts are becoming epidemic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join