It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider trading will now be much easier for our law makers......Our government at it's best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
news.firedoglake.com...

QUOTE: President Obama quietly signed legislation Monday that rolled back a provision of the STOCK Act that required high-ranking federal employees to disclose their financial information online.

The White House announced Monday that the president had signed S. 716, which repealed a requirement of the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act requiring the disclosure, which had previously been delayed several times by Congress. END QUOTE:

Both chambers of Congress quickly — and near silently — approved the repeal legislation at the end of last week by unanimous consent, just before heading home to their districts.

I have not read the BILL that was signed into law but I do remember the questions raised last year about certain members who due to apparent insider trading deals made some serious money. Pelosi comes to mind...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This does not (and did not) impact elected officials at all. What was repealed was a requirement that GS level employees make their annual financial disclosure reports available to the public. I still have to complete a financial disclosure report every year, and this repeal does not change that. It just removes the requirement that the report be made public.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

edit on 18-4-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2013 by Kituwa because: wrong vid

new topics

join