It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry photo is disrespectful

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
He's not a handsome man, but he has conceded graciously. He's called for a healing & unity that, woefully, won't be offered by the Bush Administration, given their history of political pay back.

How about ATS showing some class and putting a non Laurel & Hardy mug shot of him up there?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The title "Thanks For The Memories" is a little off too, but it's no biggie. It can only put off 1/2 new US visitors and most international visitors from entering the site.

* Anyway BT that would be rich coming from me, I would have put up the Bush-chimp comparisons in celebration of the day's events. *

[edit on 3-11-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
With all my preference of Kerry over Bush, there have been 1,000,000 disrespectful photos of Bush posted everywhere. Let's be fair here. Kerry won't lose anything (already) because of this mugh shot.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
THANK YOU!

Someone said it, I already sent a comment (like that will do any good)...

Anyways...picture of Kerry, very poor taste...

Many people were affected emotionally over this election...

Way to rub our noses in it ATS staff!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
is it john kerry or the other guy whose picture was in that spot for two weeks ?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I agree

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
(confused) I'm a Kerry (well, if not the man, the Bush alternate) supporter and I made the image. I'm a bit confused by these comments... what's wrong with the image? (really, I am confused)

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
But you appluad the anti-Bush ones that mock Bush? Hypocrisy. Let it stay, is it hurting anyone?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well first of all...it's a goofy picture of him lol...and the "thanks for the memories"??

Just seems like someone is gloating over his loss of the election...

That's how I took it...

I'm sure I'm over-reacting but I'm still highly emotional over the outcomes of yesterdays election...taking this one personally.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
what's wrong with the image?

(really, I am confused)

No Bill, you can't be serious...

He looks like a clown, and the comment 'thanks for the memories' sounds sarcastic to me...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And maybe, just maybe, after all, maybe he deserves it a little bit

He could have run a better campaign.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Even the Bush supporters are agreeing that its a mocking photo...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sadly enough I find it disrespectful as well. Kerry conceded maturly to Bush. Putting that kind of picture up will turn alot of new members away. There's got to be a better picture somewhere on the internet.

Either of these would show more class than the one that is posted.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
(confused)

I'm a Kerry (well, if not the man, the Bush alternate) supporter and I made the image.

I'm a bit confused by these comments... what's wrong with the image?

(really, I am confused)

Fair enough. John Kerry is not a "closed lip" smiler, as some people are. God knows the dental work probably cost more than some folks homes. A dignified photo of the man who fought hard to save us from the McDonaldlization of America would be the salve to up lift many until the impeachment hearings start!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I agree, we should have used his "Gomer Pyle" or "Herman Munster" photo.

I think the Kerry supporters want to see something like...

[edit on 3-11-2004 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I agree. Unlike Gore, Kerry has shown great dignity and class. I appreciate the words and sincerity in his concession speech. I appreciate the devotion to the welfare of the country in his decisions and actions today.

He has earned the utmost respect.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Aww.. the image is gone...

S.O., do you have a link, I think I want a new avatar...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know what was more disrespectfull, and of bad taste, between the picture and the comment.

:down:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I found the pic you put up, originally, so bland, that it didn't even keep my attention for a second. While I did not vote for Kerry, I still don't care for mudslinging. The guy, just like GWB, happens to be hard to get a good pic of. They both look rather stupid.

I did remember the comment that went with it....a little off beat, but I like some humor, but whith thoe out of sorts, yes, it's a good idea to have fixed that.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think I have found a new avatar...

Anyone offended with this?

Or This?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join