It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Boston Bombing being way over blown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I mean I know that 3 people died, one being an 8 year old boy and scores injured. My condolences go out to the families that were affected. But do we really need the president and various leaders hosting an interfaith service? Every MSM report I've watched make it seem as if this was worse than 9/11.

edit on 4/18/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The fear isn't going to spread itself.
They need to keep it in everyone's mind constantly.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I happen to share the concern of the news media.
The event is very large, out in the open, checked for security reasons, pulls in people from all over the world....
if they find out who did this, perhaps they can stop other bombs blowing up people.
We in the US aren't used to such things, and I think the vast majority of us would rather not know someone killed or maimed on our own soil.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Until the person or people who are responsible - answer for their acts of terrorism.

It won't rest.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think that's one of those "Damned if you do and damned if you don't" kind of things. To those who lost loved ones I am sure it could never be overblown. To those who will have many sleepless nights and pain ahead of them recovering from injuries and even to those few that were close enough to the incident that they will now lay awake worrying more about their saftey, it probably doesn't seem like it is getting enough attention.

If the news doesn't cover it enough, the viewers complain. If they cover it too much, the viewers complain. And while I am no fan of Obama.... he too, has to make sure all of his bases are covered as well as they can be. He knows he needs to give it attention in ways that are not offensive to the majority.

I would hate to have to walk that thin line for sure.
edit on 4/18/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What?

A terrorist attack that severely injures 200 innocent people .. kills three people ... destroys business ... mass terrorizes adults and children ... in a US City that is peacefully celebrating a family holiday .... and the mass killers are still running free and able to strike anywhere they want ... that's not a big deal?

Comeon .... even you must know better than to think that it's 'being way over blown'.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a bit off topic, but is anyone else having problems posting today?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'd actually tend to agree with you on this. It's doing PRECISELY the wrong thing, in my opinion.

This is glorifying a half-witted two bit homegrown level attack by cowards to the level of a 9/11 attack, as you say. Never let a crisis go to waste is reaching obscene levels when the national response is like THIS. What does it leave for proportional response if this level of show encourages other nut cases to pull similar cowardly acts?

That's my main concern. This wasn't out of reach for the homely nutjob to repeat. Making it the path to super-stardom ...infamous or not ...is the worst thing imaginable unless encouraging more of them IS the point.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm not saying that it's not a big deal because it certainly is. Any terrorist attack should be labeled a big deal. It was a tragic event no question about it. But Church Service with the president present along with other elected officials? I think THAT is over the top.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Personally no i dont think its overblown at all. People died and were horrifically injured. Many more people will be affected for the rest of there lives with what they saw that day. And they still have no idea who did or who is responsible for this. It could happen again so i think it is right to "overblow" this.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out the reason for that place being picked as a target?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I'm not saying that it's not a big deal because it certainly is. Any terrorist attack should be labeled a big deal. It was a tragic event no question about it. But Church Service with the president present along with other elected officials? I think THAT is over the top.

Maybe in your opinion it is over the top.
Now in my humble opinion...I think the president and all the elected officials are kinda required to attend these kinds of things. If they didn't attend, then everyone would be asking...'why aren't they attending?'

It's like one huge puppet show imo as well...
-nat

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Are you willing to subordinate your narcissistic media sensibilities for a moment while people mourn? People mourn differently. You might try to imagine what it would be like if it happened to you. Or you could just go back to your first person shooter games. Great to be free isn't it?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Why do you think that a (and I quote) "Church Service with the president present along with other elected officials? I think THAT is over the top. " (unquote)

I don't agree with you. The Boston Marathon is a big event not only in the United States but people from other countries come and participate in it too.

The fact that President Obama and other public figures take the time to mourn this tragic event just shows to me that they care about humanity.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yes. The same day the Boston bombing occured, 7 Palestines where killed, 55 deaths in Iraq by bombings, 32 other deaths in Iraq, 12 deaths in Afghanistan.

The 55 deaths by bombings in Iraq...bombs from USA. Was it civilians or soldiers? It was 55 civilians. There was someone who said this: "Anytime a bomb is used to target civilians, it is an act of terror." Who was it that said this? Oh right Obama, thats the one.

Hypocrisy anyone? I mean, this happend the SAME day. And I didn´t hear about that in the news of any of the major newsstations. They are still blabbing about the Boston bombings, but don´t care to mention anything else, other than maybe a small notice in the end of the broadcast.

Did anybody of you hear this? Baghdad bombing

It´s not just that they don´t report it, they ignore it and are only focusing on AMERICA.

Don´t get me wrong, I feel bad for all that suffered in the Boston bombings, but seriously, media, the world, get a grip of reality for f**k sake.

And also, what do you expect? You are in a war for crying out loud. And don´t give me "We are in a war aganist terrorism bla bla bla" YOU are in a WAR, get it, this is what happens in a war.
USA is responsible for at least 2-3 of this exactly act of terrorism EVERY DAY in other parts of the world, but with a much higher rate of "colleteral damage" as you so blantantly call it when it happens to "those sand people".

Damn I hate America

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Over blown? 30 people + got there legs and arms blown off, i would say NO, its not over blown.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I mean I know that 3 people died, one being an 8 year old boy and scores injured. My condolences go out to the families that were affected. [color=cyan] But do we really need the president and various leaders hosting an interfaith service? Every MSM report I've watched make it seem as if this was worse than 9/11.

YES its needed as it is showing the WORLD how many DIFFERENT FAITHS & ETHNICS can come together to SUPPORT positive outcomes of the HERD no matter Land Mass Location.

1 is grateful for ALL taking time to assemble and allow this flow of energy to assist the global and local consciousness observing what is going on in the United States of America as some may be worried not thought of who see issues in the USA and related them to Global domino effect like down spirals, so yes OP it HELPS and its NEED is appreciated.

With that 1 shall continue to keep 1z vibrations up in support and sends thanks to all assisting.

God Bless us ALL*

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Not overblown at all, in my opinion. Any time Americans can come together, especially in the aftermath of a senseless tragedy such as this, put aside their petty political, social, and religious differences and stand together, helping their fellow Americans in a time of need, it's a very good thing.

new topics

top topics

join