It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trigger Alert?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Anyone know what this means when appearing after "Mod Edit"? I don't believe I've seen this.

Perhaps this is the result of a caffeine deficit, but I don't have a clue what this means.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Care to provide a working example of what you are talking about? The only reason I ask is that it is a little difficult to understand what you mean without such an example.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

reply to post by TrueBrit

Of course - my apologies, though I did warn of a caffeine deficit.

here is the page

Seventh post on the page by our very own Hoochymama.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It says right at the bottom of the post...

edit on 17-4-2013 by Byrd because: The child's hysteria will be a triggering event for some. Warning placed.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The edit explains it: "edit on 17-4-2013 by Byrd because: The child's hysteria will be a triggering event for some. Warning placed."

It's so people who are affected by certain things know before seeing the video and can avoid it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Only a lady would have foreseen that a warning needed to be there.

Good catch by Byrd. If you ever live through a traumatic event you would certainly understand.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Right! Now that context is provided, I know what you mean. In general when something appears after the words "mod edit" it means that a moderator has deemed that something needed to be added to the post involved for some reason. Generally speaking mods dont interfere with a post or thread unless it is absolutely vital, for instance in the event of a violation of T&C or posting guidelines.

In this case the wise mod provided a warning to those members who are vulnerable to extreme emotional expression, that the video contained content that might effect them negatively, but that is, in my expirience, pretty rare for them to do. In fact, this is , I think, the first time I have been aware of such a thing, but no doubt it has happened before, and with good reason. I happen to know that one of our members here has an extreme reaction to emotion provoking subject matter, and user posts, so this warning was well placed I think.

I say that because I can watch a video of a mans head getting blown off and eat my dinner smiling, but that kid wanting to get away, and not being able to hear thier own voice was... deeply troubling to say the least.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I am thinking that perhaps it was meant to warn people who have PTSD. The explosion has been compared to war like things. On a briefing last night here locally, one cop suggested it reminded him of a nuclear blast. Another one ( Or maybe the same guy, I can't remember) suggested that it reminded him of Iraq...

I do know of a few ATS members who have PTSD after going to war, so my speculation is that it is a warning for those who may be bothered by seeing such a video and are at risk for having flashbacks and what not.

new topics

top topics

join