It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause and Mods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I just did a search and I did'nt find anything on this question. What I would like to know is are applause awarded purely at Mods discretion or are there guidelines issued by the site Admins as to the circumstances under which applause can be awarded.

Kind regards

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
We can applaud anything we wish. it is totally up to our own discretion.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I see thank you for your prompt and concise reply

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ha ha good one

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
what do you win

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123
[more
Five hundred ATS points]

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
I just did a search and I did'nt find anything on this question. What I would like to know is are applause awarded purely at Mods discretion or are there guidelines issued by the site Admins as to the circumstances under which applause can be awarded.

Kind regards

they are stingy - unless it is a particular viewpoint they want to promote

command and control - even information

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

Originally posted by hotel1

Kind regards

I think you have just blown any chance of getting any applause on this thread

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
what do you win

Respect and recognition....for your thoughts and opinions.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Do you have any info to back up this allegation? Because that's what that is.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You can get a Mod applause if you;

1. Buy them on EBay
2. Rub soothing balm on a mods cyber implants.
3. Post any picture of Shakira.
4. Beat Intrepid at arm wrestling
5. Let any mod have the last egg roll when we all go out for Chinese
edit on 18-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Doubt it...

The only thing I have received applause for was helping in one of the last ATS games, which there needs to be another of.(hint)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Do you have any info to back up this allegation? Because that's what that is.

You are putting the onus of proof upon me to show your actions? Funny that, I am unable to applaud threads so my actions aren't in question but since you ask for proof of my allegation then perhaps you can show us your last 10 applauds - in fact show us the last 10 applauds by all mods.

But of course you won't... in fact I suspect you will delete this post and ban me rather than be called out for what is apparent bias towards a particular viewpoint.

Prove me wrong or prove me right as the onus of justification for applauds by mods falls upon mods not those who question the criteria used to promote a particular poster over another.

I suspect this will be my last post here as truth hurts those who seek to hide it...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
double post
edit on 19-4-2013 by anoncoholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

What's there to hide??? That you are apparently butthurt over not getting applauded enough???

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Your reaction and accusations are SILLY.

Applause is left to staff discretion, which means I will only applaud content that I find interesting or well researched or whatever other reason.

So yes, I only applaud things that I think are worthy of applause. That does not mean I have members I won't applause when they come out with quality content.

The applause system is NO different than the flag system. The only difference is that staff award points, 500 to be exact to content that WE find inspiring and overall good.

Applause does absolutely NOTHING to help a post or a thread get attention. The only people who know what posts got applauded are the staff member who awarded it, and the member who received it.

So I fail to see, how your accusation even makes sense.

~Tenth
edit on 4/19/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

What's there to hide??? That you are apparently butthurt over not getting applauded enough???

not butthurt at all ... taking the defensive position by belittling my opinion without showing us the proof seems a little lame don't you think?

What criteria do you use?

Playing favorites and forming cliques of "accepted" opinion seems to speak for itself - unless you are willing to show us who and where applause is handed out that is.

Is asking to see what is deemed applaud worthy a threat to you all that you resort to calling me butthurt?

I'm not expecting any of you to show and prove it... actions speak louder than words

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
When you get the U2U saying you were applauded by a MOD you feel pride. I am a newbie here, so to me, it was a "I got that right" moment.

When I say "I got that right" I mean that I fulfilled the purpose of ATS. That I said something thought provoking or even presented an alternative viewpoint without instigating a fight.

I take it as a high five..

And it feels good.

The two times I recieved applause, I had a well constructed theory with proof of where I got my theory on a subject. I included pics, links and a paragraph stating my thoughts.

Hang in there. Find something you are passionate about, and do some research on the topic. It will come!

dont get frustrated...ATS is one big learning opportunity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join