It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question For Liberals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Bush has not yet been "Proven" a liar, but it's quite obvious he knew what was going on and just hoped there would happen to be WMD.

Someone said we should back our president. I agree, but how do you back someone who is morally wrong on so man accounts? How do you back someone who has turned on everything this country was about? How do you back someone who is destroying what we so proudly built?

Perhaps if I owned a mega corporation it would be easier. Perhaps if I was a defense contractor or a large pharmasutical company i would be proud.

I wonder how happy Alaska will be with their vote once Bush opens all the protected land to the oil companies.

I just hope the enviorment, the economy, and the 3rd world countries can hold out another 4 years. I hope that we are able to foil all the terrorism that our leader will incite.

Let's change the alert levels:

1. Crap!
2. Oh Sh*t!
3. We're f*cked!!!

Congrats Mr. Bush on winning your first election. Dear god please don't let Jeb be the next president.

;-)

[edit on 3-11-2004 by snoopy]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
One, thanks for the gigantic pics, can you scale them down a bit bucko?

And two, I'll fight anyone against liberty. If you are for Bush or for Kerry, you certainly are against it (although for different reasons).

Oh, and I've got guns, and know how to use them too.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by godsmack
friday as a fellow gunnut thought you might appriciate some pics of my humble collection.If we cant agree on politics,maybe we might have something in common.Post any if you have them

Very nice, I myself don't like shotguns, although they work well in certain areas.
I kinda like the new XM8 that the military is thinking about for our warriors. The M16/ ar4 arent bad but not very reliable. Not much stopping power. Very accurate though in the right hands. I myself was an expert shot in the military and was even chosen for rifle team try outs just before I ets. Well we do have one thing in common we like guns.

Mod Edit to remove quoted images only.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I fear what the PNAC plan has in store for us now. My conspiratorial side has it laid out thus:
-- Israel is given the go ahead to blast the Iran nuke sites... this sets off Iran and they retaliate with everything they have along with Saudi/Syria and the PLO.
-- Iraqi insurgency gets totaly out of hand particularly after the seige of Fallujah.
-- With Iraq imploding and a war between Iran/Saudi/Syria and Israel (which we will most certainly be involved in) and the HORRID relations Israel and the US have with.. well everyone on earth we will be forced to have a draft.
-- A massive terrorist attack happens in the US after we back Israel. This will allow the administration to "ask" that people get chipped to make it easier to tell the evildoers from the patriots. The FDA just approved use of the chip on or rather IN humans so why not use it?

Maybe I'm just being tired and sad that my guys lost. I hope.
Or maybe I should write a freakin book!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I dont know about how unreliable the ar-15,m-16 are,the m16a1 I was issuied in basic was a worn out vietnam era POS,but the a2 I got at my unit was very reliable,even with blanks.The three ars here are pretty reliable,except for the one with the ace butstock and dot sight dosnt like wolf after about 80rnds,but it runs great with my reloads and with milspec ammo.I am afraid we are making a mistake adopting the M-8,the biggest down fall of the .233 round is out of the shorter bbls of the M-4 (14.5"),the standard M-8 will come with a 12.5" bbl.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This thread is NOT about weapons.. Please keep it on topic or move on.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Speaking of guns, I just recently bought my first legal gun. A Mossberg 500. That, a cleaning kit and a box of 100 rounds only cost me 157.00

Was on clearance and the last one Wal-Mart had. Got my eyes on a 30-30 Marlin level action rifle next for a mere 279.00

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
This thread is NOT about weapons.. Please keep it on topic or move on.

Thank you.

sorry,just answering some points made

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Stay on topic please. This is not the weapons forum. Let's get back to the original question.

What are you more afraid of... The fact that George W. Bush won?.. Or the fact that he now has nothing to lose??

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'd buy your guns now before Bush decides that private gun ownership is a threat to national security. When this country gets bankrupted I am going to sit back and laugh at everyone that voted for Bush. People don't think before they vote. It was obvious to most everyone that the republicans were going to control congress. So you vote Kerry in. He can't do a thing. But instead you elect this criminal to represent the country. You let some idiot like this run unchecked in what is basically a one party system (see also USSR) and he will impose his idea of morality on everyone and your rights will be stripped left and right for the sake of "national security".

Don't use terror as an excuse. It is lame and a poor response. The backbone of our country is our constitution. It provides us rights... NO EXCEPTIONS. If you want to make excuses for why we should be denied rights then we might as well just rip it up and be like the old USSR. Because that is exactly what the republicans are trying to do to this country. They call you unpatriotic because you won't give up your constitutionally protected rights. You know what I say to republicans that talk that way? I say "you are a communist".

Nuff said!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I dont know about how unreliable the ar-15,m-16 are,the m16a1 I was issuied in basic was a worn out vietnam era POS,but the a2 I got at my unit was very reliable,even with blanks.The three ars here are pretty reliable,except for the one with the ace butstock and dot sight dosnt like wolf after about 80rnds,but it runs great with my reloads and with milspec ammo.I am afraid we are making a mistake adopting the M-8,the biggest down fall of the .233 round is out of the shorter bbls of the M-4 (14.5"),the standard M-8 will come with a 12.5" bbl.

I'll read up somemore on that. I was issued the same M16a1. I can say I never had a problem with the ones I was issued. I guess I just got lucky. Never got to see the M16a2 before I got out. They were just going to the Marines when I ets. By the way I would not want to see civil war. I just hope that we can all work together to make our government more accountable for their actions and to help take care of those that are less fortunate in this counrty. Thats what America should be doing making things better for all of us. We all have our own beliefs and no one should try to push those beliefs onto others that may not have the same beliefs. What one does is their choice and they are the ones who will have to answer to Great Spirit for their actions what ever they maybe. We can only as a nations try to live and work together to make this a better country. We have to remember what we do affects not only us, but everyone else in the world in one way or another. imo

oops sorry didn't see the thing about weapons. Promise no more weapons.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by friday2112]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

[edit on 3-11-2004 by G_Scard]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Originally posted by bobafett1972
No it does not show that. Looking at the numbers:

Bush
(Incumbent)
59,054,087 51% 274
Kerry
55,462,760 48% 252

Note that 55,462,760 people who voted against Bush, don't just disagree with his national policy...they are OUTRAGED by the things he has done to our country as well as other countries in our name.

The 59,054,087 voters who voted for President Bush were determined not to let you run away with our country.
So what about Kerry? You say that no one voted "for" him only against President Bush with OUTRAGE?

2000 election: Gore 48.4%
Bush 47.8%
1996 election: Clinton 49.24%
Dole 40.71%
1992 election: Clinton 43.3%
Bush 37.7%

George W. Bush has 51% of popular vote at last count. First winner to go over 50% since 1988.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by friday2112

I'll read up somemore on that. I was issued the same M16a1. I can say I never had a problem with the ones I was issued. I guess I just got lucky. Never got to see the M16a2 before I got out. They were just going to the Marines when I ets. By the way I would not want to see civil war. I just hope that we can all work together to make our government more accountable for their actions and to help take care of those that are less fortunate in this counrty. Thats what America should be doing making things better for all of us. We all have our own beliefs and no one should try to push those beliefs onto others that may not have the same beliefs. What one does is their choice and they are the ones who will have to answer to Great Spirit for their actions what ever they maybe. We can only as a nations try to live and work together to make this a better country. We have to remember what we do affects not only us, but everyone else in the world in one way or another. imo

oops sorry didn't see the thing about weapons. Promise no more weapons.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by friday2112]

+1
I dont want to shove my beliefs onto anyone else,and I sure dont want something shoved down my throat.I guess I would be a conservative with libritarian leanings.IMHO voting for bush gave me the best chance of being left alone.when you get down to it I would guess that is what most people want.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is of the 48% of the votes Kerry got how many were really Kerry votes or how many were Anyone But Bush votes. I know my wife's vote for Kerry was in the "Anyone But Bush" category.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You all think Kerry was the better choice? Haven't any of you read anything that has been posted on this web site? I am not in love with Bush but I don't like a sellout either. Any of you who want to deny ignorance, find the truth, speak the truth go through this website and read the stuff that has been posted. Yes you do have your opinions and are entitled to free speech but really I'm all out of cheese.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
I'll tell you what I'm scared of...

1) I'm scared of the end of the world.

2) I'm scared of a man who thinks he has some divine obligation to fight war.

3) I'm scared of a man that leads the most powerful country yet is hardly literate.

4) I'm scared of a man that has no qualifications for a job aside from his lineage.

5) I'm scared of a man that declares war yet has not fought a single war himself.

6) I'm scared of a man whom rushed to war despite UN recommendations. This is a clear revelation of this man's position on world peace.

7) I'm scared of a man that does not have a clear goal on what he wants to accomplish in a war.

8) I'm scared of a man that thinks war is the only route to go.

9) I'm scared of a man that does not know when to withdraw from a country especially after declaring victory.

10) I'm scared of Bush.

FEAR BUSH YE LIBERALS! HE WILL NOT LET FRANCE AND CANADA DICTATE U.S. FORIEGN POLICY!

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So why should all these other countries let the US dictate their policies? Americans seem to think its ok for US to tell everyone else what they can do but its just so wrong when they do it to us. If we don't want other countries trying to dictate our policies then we need to keep our noses out of their business as well. But our arrogance will never allow that to happen.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I know this is a very short post but I have to ask you something.

What are you more afraid of... The fact that George W. Bush won?.. Or the fact that he now has nothing to lose??

Definately the fact that he no longer has to worry about re-election.
He doesn't even have to try and keep the publics favor, just enough in congress to not be impeached.

He's like a fat kid in a candy store, with a $1,000 coupon.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
What I'd like to know is of the 48% of the votes Kerry got how many were really Kerry votes or how many were Anyone But Bush votes. I know my wife's vote for Kerry was in the "Anyone But Bush" category.

I don't know if I would look at is "Anyone but Bush" so much as "No one could do worse", or "A possibility of hope".

There is no one that can fix the mess Bush created without major problems, including Bush himself. So I can't invision anyone running against him that would be like "Oh wow!". I hope that his victory will mean he has to clean up his mess, but I have a feeling he will prolong it and make it worse until the end of his term, then the next president will have to clean up even more. Who knows what the defecit will be like after invading Iran, NK, and all the others.

It's kind of unfair in a way since no one is going to be able to definitively say "this is how we fix the problem" as opposed to "stay the course of causing them".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join