It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Timed out' too quickly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
"Your request timed out. Please retry the request."

This is the message I am getting even when I have only used a minute to type something, just lost two entries again, this is not normal. Could someone help me please?
edit on 18-4-2013 by Hecate666 because: Keep being timed out

Just typing the above made the 'timed out' message appear. Have to copy everything as I seem to get only a few seconds to post something, never had the problem before.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
just happened to me mate. I had to log out shut down ats then go back in and it was fine.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Same here and sometimes it won't even connect like my internet is down.. Really annoying, I'm copying my replies just in case it happens

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
getting the same here too

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

I cannot help with the timeouts but I can help with the lost post data.
After you have written your post, highlight all of it and Ctrl/c or right click and copy.
Then if you get timed out, you can Ctrl/v or right click and paste to repost the whole message.
Or youcould paste to notepad and save if you must logout and reboot for whatever quirky reason the internet gods will!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Clicking the refresh button and then the retry button made mine post. I had to do that twice in one reply but it still did post it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Glad I'm not the only one this is happening to! I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. I too am having to do the stealth copy and paste.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
"Your request timed out. Please retry the request."

This is the message I am getting even when I have only used a minute to type something, just lost two entries again, this is not normal. Could someone help me please?

Just typing the above made the 'timed out' message appear. Have to copy everything as I seem to get only a few seconds to post something, never had the problem before.

I'm getting the same message, and after a very short time. Something went wobbly on ATS last night with an "error 27" message coming up so I rebooted. It was okay to get back into ATS then, so okay at my end, someone else must have been messing. (I don't know if that has any connection, but it was after that event I started getting the timed out message) I didn't loose the post though, I refreshed the page, then got a retry message, clicked on that, and it took me to the authorisation page, and then the post appeared. I'm on Google chrome at the moment, but I will go into AOL, and see what happens there.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm such an idiot! I just typed up how I was able to work around the constant timing out, forgot to copy my reply, and got timed out on! Stupid me!

ANYWAY, I've been copying my reply, backing out to the tread, and then trying a second time from the thread and it seems to work. If that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
Clicking the refresh button and then the retry button made mine post. I had to do that twice in one reply but it still did post it.

Same here!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks everyone, at least I know it isn't just happening to me, this is my first post today,lets see if anything has changed!

[copies the reply...]

Just adding that it seems fine now!
edit on 19-4-2013 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join